Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I'm willing to give Biden the benefit of the doubt on the sexual assault charge. It's exceedingly hard to prove a 20 year claim with no witnesses. His publicly available history of inappropriate touching and contact make it harder to start from 0 though.
    That's fine. I'd still like to know what aspects of the case you think warrant investigation which haven't already been investigated.

The sad part is that you can't say the same. You see nothing wrong with his "affection" despite several women stating they did not consent to his touching them that way.
    Doubtless you can quote me saying something even remotely along those lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Yep, you're a bit of a weirdo. At any rate, that's not sexual assault, MM.
      I'm the weirdo? You're the one defending Biden groping and kissing women and young girls in public as simply being "warm and kind and friendly" even though a number of women have said that it was unwanted and made them feel uncomfortable, which is the definition of sexual assault.

"Sexual assault is an act in which a person intentionally sexually touches another person without that person's consent."

This includes groping.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault
      Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-01-2020, 09:42 PM.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Yes, there was a time when people were warmer, kinder, and friendllier in that way and Biden hasn't adapted to the new standoffish protocols if you will. But that isn't sexual assault, MM, even if such behavior makes you and others squeemish.
        Weird, I thought the standard was about not making women feel uncomfortable and women should never have to deal with sexual harassment. Guess it only matters if it can be used against a political opponent.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          Weird, I thought the standard was about not making women feel uncomfortable and women should never have to deal with sexual harassment. Guess it only matters if it can be used against a political opponent.
          Women are not babies, if they feel uncomfortable with someone being to close they can say so. That has nothing to do with sexual assault.

Comment

Women are not babies, if they feel uncomfortable with someone being to close they can say so. That has nothing to do with sexual assault.
            That's quite a slippery slope, Jim - it is not unusual at all for a woman NOT to complain of an incident at the time it occurred because of fear of reprisal, not wanting to admit they're a victim, fear they'll be blamed, concern how it will affect their current relationships.... there are all kinds of reasons women don't report incidents at the time they happen. To throw in "women are not babies, if they feel uncomfortable.... they can say so" is a bit....

Let's try this - what about Kavanaugh's accuser? Was she "a baby" for not "saying so" at the time of the alleged incident?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              Victim blaming, huh? "If she didn't want to be raped then she shouldn't have worn that short skirt!"

And, yes,, unwanted kisses and groping like Biden had done multiple times on camera is considered sexual assault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Victim blaming, huh? "If she didn't want to be raped then she shouldn't have worn that short skirt!"

And, yes,, unwanted kisses and groping like Biden had done multiple times on camera is considered sexual assault.
                One of the most exasperating things about my former police work was when we respond to a report of sexual assault, and it's absolutely clear that something went on, but the woman refuses to press charges, or makes excuses, or just "wants it to go away". There are all kinds of reasons for women not to "say something" besides "they are babies".

I would hope Jim simply misspoke here, and wishes to revise and extend his remarks.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Given how they now claim that wearing a MAGA cap constitutes "asking for it" is it any surprise that they've regressed to this level

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    That's quite a slippery slope, Jim - it is not unusual at all for a woman NOT to complain of an incident at the time it occurred because of fear of reprisal, not wanting to admit they're a victim, fear they'll be blamed, concern how it will affect their current relationships.... there are all kinds of reasons women don't report incidents at the time they happen. To throw in "women are not babies, if they feel uncomfortable.... they can say so" is a bit....

Let's try this - what about Kavanaugh's accuser? Was she "a baby" for not "saying so" at the time of the alleged incident?
                    Attitudes like Jimmy's also contribute to women keeping silent out of fear that they'll be falsely accused of "asking for it".

Comment

One of the most exasperating things about my former police work was when we respond to a report of sexual assault, and it's absolutely clear that something went on, but the woman refuses to press charges, or makes excuses, or just "wants it to go away". There are all kinds of reasons for women not to "say something" besides "they are babies".

I would hope Jim simply misspoke here, and wishes to revise and extend his remarks.
                      One of the reasons many police departments will now automatically arrest the man any time they're called over a domestic violence dispute, although I wonder if these policies sometimes lead to the police simply never getting a call.

Comment

One of the reasons many police departments will now automatically arrest the man any time they're called over a domestic violence dispute, although I wonder if these policies sometimes lead to the police simply never getting a call.
                        Actually, our laws changed so that if the responding officer sees ANY evidence of domestic abuse, he/she can arrest without a complaint from the victim. But, you're right, I have had women BEG us not to arrest their husband/boyfriend, because that just causes future problems, AND loss of income, and these situations are often literally paycheck to paycheck.

There are all KINDS of reasons for a woman not to "say something" besides "being a baby".

Comment

Attitudes like Jimmy's also contribute to women keeping silent out of fear that they'll be falsely accused of "asking for it".
                          I think he just didn't think that one through - I'm thinking that's not really what he intended to say.

Comment

I think he just didn't think that one through - I'm thinking that's not really what he intended to say.
                            First off, you guys, whether purposfully or not, miscomprehend a lot. I never said a woman should not report a sexual assault. I said that if they feel as though someones behavior, such as Biden's, is inappropriate in their opinion, that he's being a little to friendly, then they are not babies, they can let him know that. They can also report it if they so choose. But, whether they or you see his behavior towards women as inappropriate or not, being inappropriate in that way is not sexual assault.
                            You guys all seem to interpret everything with a biased perspective. When it is said that "all women should be believed" you automaticaaly take that to mean that what is meant by that is that investigation and facts don't matter. That's just dumb, and I don't think you are actually that dumb.

Comment

Does he ever think anything he says through?

Comment

First off, you guys, whether purposfully or not, miscomprehend a lot. I never said a woman should not report a sexual assault. I said that if they feel as though someones behavior, such as Biden's, is inappropriate in their opinion, that he's being a little to friendly, then they are not babies, they can let him know that. They can also report it if they so choose. But, whether they or you see his behavior towards women as inappropriate or not, being inappropriate in that way is not sexual assault.
                                Unwanted touching, especially of the nature that Reade claims that he did to her, is most definitely sexual assault no matter how much you try to sugar coat it.
                                Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                You guys all seem to interpret everything with a biased perspective. When it is said that "all women should be believed" you automaticaaly take that to mean that what is meant by that is that investigation and facts don't matter. That's just dumb, and I don't think you are actually that dumb.
                                This was we have been saying since the inception of the whole #MeToo movement but the left would have none of that. Look at Biden's own words, or Sen. Mazie Hirono's (D-HI) declaration that Kavanaugh is guilty because she doesn't like him and that "Men need to shut up and step up. Do the right thing for a change."

Now this is all coming back to haunt them and Biden is finding himself, as Shakespeare so famously put it, hoisted by his own petard

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment