Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Oh, I am sure you would. But Jim already "believes" Biden without an investigation. Do you?
    I'll let Jim characterize his own beliefs.

What aspects would you like to see investigated which haven't already been investigated?

Comment

Oh, I am sure you would. But Jim already "believes" Biden without an investigation. Do you?
      Yes, I already believe Biden, based on what I've already posted. That doesn't mean my mind can't be changed, Billy boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Yes, I already believe Biden, based on what I've already posted. That doesn't mean my mind can't be changed, Billy boy.
        Exactly. Innocent until proven guilty only applies to your chosen candidate.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          There is no such pattern of that kind of behavior in Bidens 50 year long career...
          Screenshot_20200501_190841.jpg
          https://twitter.com/Slade/status/1249327353794265090

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Exactly. Innocent until proven guilty only applies to your chosen candidate.
            Facts and beliefs are two different things, Billy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              I'll let Jim characterize his own beliefs.

What aspects would you like to see investigated which haven't already been investigated?
              I'm willing to give Biden the benefit of the doubt on the sexual assault charge. It's exceedingly hard to prove a 20 year claim with no witnesses. His publicly available history of inappropriate touching and contact make it harder to start from 0 though.

The sad part is that you can't say the same. You see nothing wrong with his "affection" despite several women stating they did not consent to his touching them that way.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                It means we should have investigated the claim fully, fairly, and in all cases. All *I* ever wanted wrt drinky K was a full and fair investigation before giving him a lifetime supreme court appointment. How is that making the rules on the fly?
                And were liberals wanting to do that, in the case of Kavanaugh or did many of them say that all women should be believed. This is the bed Democrat’s, the media, and many liberals decided to make, now sleep in it. If Kavanaugh can’t be given fair treatment, neither should Biden.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  And were liberals wanting to do that, in the case of Kavanaugh or did many of them say that all women should be believed. This is the bed Democrat’s, the media, and many liberals decided to make, now sleep in it. If Kavanaugh can’t be given fair treatment, neither should Biden.
                  To think that the phrase "all women should be believed" means what you think it means is just willful ignorance. It simply means that a womans accusations should be taken seriously and looked into, not ignored. Did you seriously think that it means that whatever accusation a woman makes should be accepted as absolute fact regardless of evidence. You'd have to be pretty dumb to actually believe that?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    To think that the phrase "all women should be believed" means what you think it means is just willful ignorance. It simply means that a womans accusations should be taken seriously and looked into, not ignored. Did you seriously think that it means that whatever accusation a woman makes should be accepted as absolute fact regardless of evidence. You'd have to be pretty dumb to actually believe that?
                    Yet, that isn’t how it worked. How many called for Kavanaugh’s nomination to be removed before hearing a single detail? How many news outlets published thousands of stories making the accusations as though they were proved? How many people demanded action be taken? Again, nice backpedal, but that isn’t what democrats did at all. They made their bed, now it’s time to sleep in it unless what #believeallwomen actually means ‘believe all women that can be used to smear our political opponents with’.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I'm willing to give Biden the benefit of the doubt on the sexual assault charge. It's exceedingly hard to prove a 20 year claim with no witnesses. His publicly available history of inappropriate touching and contact make it harder to start from 0 though.

The sad part is that you can't say the same. You see nothing wrong with his "affection" despite several women stating they did not consent to his touching them that way.
                      I agree too, but this is what Democrats wanted, now they have to reap the whirlwind.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Yes, there was a time when people were warmer, kinder, and friendllier in that way and Biden hasn't adapted to the new standoffish protocols if you will. But that isn't sexual assault, MM, even if such behavior makes you and others squeemish.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          Yes, there was a time when people were warmer, kinder, and friendllier in that way and Biden hasn't adapted to the new standoffish protocols if you will. But that isn't sexual assault, MM, even if such behavior makes you and others squeemish.
                          You're a creeper yourself, aren't you?

"Oh, don't be squeamish, little darlin', cuppin' yer breast is just my way of bein' friendly! "

Comment

You're a creeper yourself, aren't you?

"Oh, don't be squeamish, little darlin', cuppin' yer breast is just my way of bein' friendly! "
                            No, you're showing yourself to be a bit of a weirdo though.

Comment

• You remind me of a former news director I used to work with who very nearly got himself sued because he casually greeted a female reporter with "Hey, babe."

He was just being warm and kind and friendly, I tell ya!

Comment

You remind me of a former news director I used to work with who very nearly got himself sued because he casually greeted a female reporter with "Hey, babe."

He was just being warm and kind and friendly, I tell ya!
                                Yep, you're a bit of a weirdo. At any rate, that's not sexual assault, MM.

Comment