Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bump.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      bump.
      Yup - the Dems are using the EXACT OPPOSITE arguments to defend Biden as they did to attack Kavanaugh.
      "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yup - the Dems are using the EXACT OPPOSITE arguments to defend Biden as they did to attack Kavanaugh.
        Not to my knowledge, no. Maybe you can quote some *notable* democrats doing that? I'm sure you can find crackpots on Twitter saying anything.

        Comment


        • Nancy Pelosi then: "Believe all women."

          Nancy Pelosi now: "Believe Joe Biden."
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God


          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Nancy Pelosi then: "Believe all women."

            Nancy Pelosi now: "Believe Joe Biden."
            Do you think "Believe all women" means absolutely we should believe every claim of sexual assault? Or does it mean "We should stop disbelieving women by default and instead start believing them by default."?

            I'm not a huge fan of the fact that he led off with "It's been so long" but other than that this piece has some decent points to make on this issue.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Nancy Pelosi then: "Believe all women."

              Nancy Pelosi now: "Believe Joe Biden."
              This reminded me of:

              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              [...]

              Skeptics before President Trump: "Christians are morons for believing the Bible."

              Skeptics after President Trump: "Christians are morons for believing the Bible."

              What's really changed?
              Which was followed by:

              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Nah, in my experience, skeptics have never believed that Christians really believe the Bible. [...]
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And itís an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                Do you think "Believe all women" means absolutely we should believe every claim of sexual assault? Or does it mean "We should stop disbelieving women by default and instead start believing them by default."?

                I'm not a huge fan of the fact that he led off with "It's been so long" but other than that this piece has some decent points to make on this issue.
                You mean we should have believed a claim of a sexual assault, where the victim:

                - couldnít remember when it happened.
                - couldnít remember where it happened.
                - didnít remember how many men were in the room.
                - witness, to the event, donít remember it ever happened.
                - didnít even remember anything happening, till over 20 year later.
                - never filed any police report.
                - had a Ďrepressed memoryí brought back by a technique of questionable reliability.
                - lied a lot.

                But we donít believe:

                - a consistent story.
                - with multiple witness.
                - confirmed details.
                - a written police report.

                Itís always fun to watch liberals make up rules, on the fly.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  bump.
                  Not gonna lie, in light of recent events, I feel like the controversy around Kavanaugh has aged like garbage juice on a hot and humid summer day.

                  Here's hoping some follow-through happens even if Biden doesn't get dropped like a hot potato by the Dems.
                  Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

                  Chaotic Void's Recommended Advice for Trump's Opposition to Punt him from the Oval Office: Git Gud

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                    Not gonna lie, in light of recent events, I feel like the controversy around Kavanaugh has aged like garbage juice on a hot and humid summer day.

                    Here's hoping some follow-through happens even if Biden doesn't get dropped like a hot potato by the Dems.
                    Today was garbage day. I LOVE garbage day!
                    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Today was garbage day. I LOVE garbage day!
                      As do I! Ever since I worked as a Camp Janitor a decade and change ago, there's nothing quite as satisfying as getting the stench of foul trash out of the air.

                      ... Especially during family camp when diapers were common.
                      Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

                      Chaotic Void's Recommended Advice for Trump's Opposition to Punt him from the Oval Office: Git Gud

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        You mean we should have believed a claim of a sexual assault, where the victim:

                        - couldnít remember when it happened.
                        - couldnít remember where it happened.
                        - didnít remember how many men were in the room.
                        - witness, to the event, donít remember it ever happened.
                        - didnít even remember anything happening, till over 20 year later.
                        - never filed any police report.
                        - had a Ďrepressed memoryí brought back by a technique of questionable reliability.
                        - lied a lot.

                        But we donít believe:

                        - a consistent story.
                        - with multiple witness.
                        - confirmed details.
                        - a written police report.

                        Itís always fun to watch liberals make up rules, on the fly.
                        The MSM has finally been shamed in to covering it now but does anyone want to bet they'll declare that they've done their due diligence now and drop it like a hot potato and declare it's an "old story"?

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          You mean we should have believed a claim of a sexual assault, where the victim:
                          It means we should have investigated the claim fully, fairly, and in all cases. All *I* ever wanted wrt drinky K was a full and fair investigation before giving him a lifetime supreme court appointment. How is that making the rules on the fly?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            It means we should have investigated the claim fully, fairly, and in all cases. All *I* ever wanted wrt drinky K was a full and fair investigation before giving him a lifetime supreme court appointment. How is that making the rules on the fly?
                            So what do you want wrt PedJoephile Biden?
                            That's what
                            - She

                            Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                            I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            Stephen R. Donaldson

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              So what do you want wrt PedJoephile Biden?
                              We'd like the same in this case, how about you?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                So what do you want wrt PedJoephile Biden?
                                A fair and thorough investigation.

                                And your joke sucks . Tara wasn't even a minor!
                                Last edited by DivineOb; 05-01-2020, 06:02 PM.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 08:17 AM
                                3 responses
                                55 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Starlight  
                                Started by LiconaFan97, 10-23-2020, 04:56 PM
                                29 responses
                                192 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Starlight  
                                Started by Juvenal, 10-23-2020, 11:08 AM
                                10 responses
                                103 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Juvenal
                                by Juvenal
                                 
                                Started by Hypatia_Alexandria, 10-23-2020, 08:52 AM
                                6 responses
                                66 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by Ronson, 10-22-2020, 10:59 PM
                                72 responses
                                562 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Ronson
                                by Ronson
                                 
                                Working...
                                X