Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    No, I'm actually going to man up and admit that I attributed the Kavanaugh quote to the wrong event, to the wrong victim. But the quote is still true, Kavanaugh was still lying about the incident and about the witnesses whom he said denied the event ever took place.
    But... all the named witnesses did deny that the event took place.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JimL View Post
      No, I'm actually going to man up and admit that I attributed the Kavanaugh quote to the wrong event, to the wrong victim. But the quote is still true, Kavanaugh was still lying about the incident and about the witnesses whom he said denied the event ever took place.
      And yet nobody seems to recall many of these events taking place. It almost as if these accusations are totally made up and invented, to make it appear that totally normal, young man adventures, are sinister.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JimL View Post
        No, I'm actually going to man up and admit that I attributed the Kavanaugh quote to the wrong event, to the wrong victim. But the quote is still true, Kavanaugh was still lying about the incident and about the witnesses whom he said denied the event ever took place.
        But you'll not man up and provide the actual source, eh? Not that I don't trust you, but you're so seldom right that I think the rest of us would like to see it for ourselves.
        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Do you have a link to the transcript or other source where that phrase appears as a direct quote from Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh? Because, you know, I'm not just going to take your word for it.
          He's trying so hard to protect his source - "LiberalTalkingPointsForIdiots*". He's already exposed them at least once before.



          *not exactly that name, but close!
          "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            But you'll not man up and provide the actual source, eh? Not that I don't trust you, but you're so seldom right that I think the rest of us would like to see it for ourselves.
            Even if someone did say that quote exactly as Jimmy claims, it doesn't necessarily mean what Jimmy claims it means.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God


            From "Fools Gold" by Petra

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Even if someone did say that quote exactly as Jimmy claims, it doesn't necessarily mean what Jimmy claims it means.
              Which is why he's cowardly hiding the context.
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JimL View Post
                No, I'm actually going to man up and admit that I attributed the Kavanaugh quote to the wrong event, to the wrong victim. But the quote is still true, Kavanaugh was still lying about the incident and about the witnesses whom he said denied the event ever took place.
                Lookie here, Jimmy.... Your puppetmasters gots lots of splainin to do.

                2020 Dems Assail Kavanaugh Despite NYT Story Correction

                On Sunday, the New York Times walked back and significantly revised the latest incendiary allegation against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, but the unusual correction to a central part of its bombshell story seemed to mean little to the field of 2020 Democratic presidential contenders.

                Sen. Kamala Harris had “pinned” her weekend reaction to the story — a call for Kavanaugh’s impeachment — to the top of her Twitter page, the social media equivalent of running a banner headline about a position on a high-priority issue.

                “I sat through those hearings,” Harris tweeted. “Brett Kavanaugh lied to the U.S. Senate and most importantly to the American people. He was put on the Court through a sham process and his place on the Court is an insult to the pursuit of truth and justice. He must be impeached.”

                Harris’ Tweet was still there by Monday night, without qualification, despite a fierce bipartisan backlash against the Times’ initial reporting of the uncorroborated sexual misconduct allegation, and the Gray Lady’s clumsy efforts to correct its original reporting about it.

                The controversy began Saturday when the Times ran a “news analysis” piece by Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly, adapted from their forthcoming book, “The Education of Brett Kavanaugh.”

                The wide-ranging story included a seemingly new allegation — that a Kavanaugh classmate at Yale, nonprofit CEO Max Stier, “saw Kavanaugh with his pants down at a drunken dorm party, where friends pushed his penis into the hand of a female student.”

                Late Sunday, the Times updated the Kavanaugh story with an “editor’s note” acknowledging that the alleged victim of the incident had declined to be interviewed and several friends had said she did not recall the alleged misconduct.


                By the way, got any proof of that whopper you told actually being true?
                "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Lookie here, Jimmy.... Your puppetmasters gots lots of splainin to do.

                  2020 Dems Assail Kavanaugh Despite NYT Story Correction

                  On Sunday, the New York Times walked back and significantly revised the latest incendiary allegation against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, but the unusual correction to a central part of its bombshell story seemed to mean little to the field of 2020 Democratic presidential contenders.

                  Sen. Kamala Harris had “pinned” her weekend reaction to the story — a call for Kavanaugh’s impeachment — to the top of her Twitter page, the social media equivalent of running a banner headline about a position on a high-priority issue.

                  “I sat through those hearings,” Harris tweeted. “Brett Kavanaugh lied to the U.S. Senate and most importantly to the American people. He was put on the Court through a sham process and his place on the Court is an insult to the pursuit of truth and justice. He must be impeached.”

                  Harris’ Tweet was still there by Monday night, without qualification, despite a fierce bipartisan backlash against the Times’ initial reporting of the uncorroborated sexual misconduct allegation, and the Gray Lady’s clumsy efforts to correct its original reporting about it.

                  The controversy began Saturday when the Times ran a “news analysis” piece by Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly, adapted from their forthcoming book, “The Education of Brett Kavanaugh.”

                  The wide-ranging story included a seemingly new allegation — that a Kavanaugh classmate at Yale, nonprofit CEO Max Stier, “saw Kavanaugh with his pants down at a drunken dorm party, where friends pushed his penis into the hand of a female student.”

                  Late Sunday, the Times updated the Kavanaugh story with an “editor’s note” acknowledging that the alleged victim of the incident had declined to be interviewed and several friends had said she did not recall the alleged misconduct.


                  By the way, got any proof of that whopper you told actually being true?
                  And wasn't Max Stier a Clinton impeachment defense lawyer while Kavanaugh worked with Ken Starr? Right, no agenda here...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by seer View Post
                    And wasn't Max Stier a Clinton impeachment defense lawyer while Kavanaugh worked with Ken Starr? Right, no agenda here...
                    Yup!
                    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                    Comment


                    • U.S.—Many on the right have reacted with outrage to The New York Times on its story about Brett Kavanaugh where it basically made up a new charge against him. This is being looked at as hypocrisy, though, as many of those same people enjoy it when Christian satire site The Babylon Bee makes things up.

                      “How amusing. How droll,” said conservative Reginald P. Merriwether in reaction to a Babylon Bee article about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. “This is something slightly dumber than what Ocasio-Cortez would actually do. What entertaining malarky.” But when Merriwether read the Times article reporting on a fabricated incident involving Kavanaugh that was not backed up by the alleged victim, his reaction was quite different. “This is malfeasance!” Merriwether exclaimed.

                      https://babylonbee.com/news/hypocris...he-nyt-does-it


                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Guys, don't be so foolish. Kavanaugh basically admitted that the event at the house party happened when answering a reublican Senators question at the nomination hearing. He simply asked Kavanaugh if he was guilty of the charges and Kavanaugh replied that "even the witnesses in the room denied it."...
                        Because I'm such a great guy, I did Jimmy's homework for him. This, I believe, is what he's referencing...

                        Sen. John Kennedy, R-La.: "Are Ms. Ramirez’s allegations about you true?"

                        Kavanaugh: "Those are not. She — no — no — none of the witnesses in the room support that. The — if that — that had happened, that would have been the talk of campus in our freshman dorm. The New York Times reported that as recently as last week, she was calling other classmates seeking to — well, I’m not going to characterize it — but calling classmates last week and just seemed very — I’ll just stop there. But that’s not true. That’s not true."

                        Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.: "What you’re saying, if I understand it, is that the allegations by Dr. Ford, Ms. Ramirez and Ms. Swetnick are wrong?"

                        Kavanaugh: "Yes, that — that is emphatically what I’m saying; emphatically. The Swetnick thing is a joke. That is a farce."

                        More Kavanaugh: "I’m painfully aware, for my family and me to read about this breathless reporting."
                        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                        Comment


                        • Back in college, I attended a party where I saw Kavenaugh turn someone into a newt!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Because I'm such a great guy, I did Jimmy's homework for him. This, I believe, is what he's referencing...

                            Sen. John Kennedy, R-La.: "Are Ms. Ramirez’s allegations about you true?"

                            Kavanaugh: "Those are not. She — no — no — none of the witnesses in the room support that. The — if that — that had happened, that would have been the talk of campus in our freshman dorm. The New York Times reported that as recently as last week, she was calling other classmates seeking to — well, I’m not going to characterize it — but calling classmates last week and just seemed very — I’ll just stop there. But that’s not true. That’s not true."

                            Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.: "What you’re saying, if I understand it, is that the allegations by Dr. Ford, Ms. Ramirez and Ms. Swetnick are wrong?"

                            Kavanaugh: "Yes, that — that is emphatically what I’m saying; emphatically. The Swetnick thing is a joke. That is a farce."

                            More Kavanaugh: "I’m painfully aware, for my family and me to read about this breathless reporting."
                            How could Jimmy get the conversation so wrong?
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by seer View Post
                              How could Jimmy get the conversation so wrong?
                              I think he was using the doctored version from LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies, which is why he couldn't give the source.

                              I expect he'll double down, though, claiming Kavanaugh slipped up by admitting there actually was a room, and witnesses, and Ramirez was there, and....
                              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by seer View Post
                                How could Jimmy get the conversation so wrong?
                                That was rhetorical, right?

                                I'm always still in trouble again

                                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by rogue06, Today, 03:56 PM
                                3 responses
                                26 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Ronson
                                by Ronson
                                 
                                Started by seer, Today, 11:32 AM
                                13 responses
                                76 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seanD
                                by seanD
                                 
                                Started by rogue06, Today, 09:11 AM
                                1 response
                                29 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Sparko
                                by Sparko
                                 
                                Started by rogue06, Today, 07:28 AM
                                1 response
                                31 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Ronson
                                by Ronson
                                 
                                Started by CivilDiscourse, Today, 06:44 AM
                                24 responses
                                134 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Ronson
                                by Ronson
                                 
                                Working...
                                X