Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I thought it was funny.
    Yes... I'm just not certain if it was intended.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I honestly can't tell if this is humor or ignorance.
      I doubt the Babylon Bee is on Roy's regular reading list.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

      Comment


      • Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        I doubt the Babylon Bee is on Roy's regular reading list.
        No... but it doesn't need to be.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

        mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

        Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        Mountain Man: … this is how liberals argue these days, with labels instead of ideas.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Roy View Post
          No... but it doesn't need to be.
          Just so you're aware it's a satire site, like The Onion.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

          Comment


          • Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Just so you're aware it's a satire site, like The Onion.
            I know.
            Last edited by Roy; 11-16-2018, 10:34 AM.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

            mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

            Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            Mountain Man: … this is how liberals argue these days, with labels instead of ideas.

            Comment


            • Justice Kavanaugh and GMU Snowflakes

              George Mason University's Antonin Scalia Law School hired Supreme Court Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh to co-teach a course this summer called Creation of the Constitution. The course will be held 3,668 miles away, in Runnymede, England, where the Magna Carta was sealed 800 years ago. Some George Mason University students and faculty have become triggered. One student told George Mason's Board of Visitors, "It has affected my mental health knowing that an abuser will be part of our faculty." Another said, "The hiring of Kavanaugh threatens the mental well-being of all survivors on this campus." The Washington Post reports that a petition to fire Kavanaugh has gathered almost 3,500 signatures and has the endorsement of George Mason Democrats. GMU students have created separate forms for parents and alumni to pledge that they will not donate to the university so long as Kavanaugh is teaching.


              wow
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

              Comment


              • "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                Comment


                • This is pretty interesting, and consistent with what I've been thinking...


                  Was Brett Kavanaugh Saved By His Enemies?


                  Democratic opposition to Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination for the Supreme Court was as determined as it was ham-fisted.

                  Framing fresh reporting with intelligent analysis, authors Mollie Hemingway and Carrie Severino skillfully catalogue the stunning blunders that made Kavanaugh’s confirmation possible in their new book, “Justice on Trial: The Kavanaugh Confirmation and the Future of the Supreme Court.” After dozens of interviews with Republican lawmakers, members of the high court, and President Donald Trump, the pair persuasively show the story of Kavanaugh’s nomination is in many respects a story of Democratic ineptitude....
                  "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    This is pretty interesting, and consistent with what I've been thinking...


                    Was Brett Kavanaugh Saved By His Enemies?


                    Democratic opposition to Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination for the Supreme Court was as determined as it was ham-fisted.

                    Framing fresh reporting with intelligent analysis, authors Mollie Hemingway and Carrie Severino skillfully catalogue the stunning blunders that made Kavanaugh’s confirmation possible in their new book, “Justice on Trial: The Kavanaugh Confirmation and the Future of the Supreme Court.” After dozens of interviews with Republican lawmakers, members of the high court, and President Donald Trump, the pair persuasively show the story of Kavanaugh’s nomination is in many respects a story of Democratic ineptitude....
                    Why am I not surprised? I still don't know how to tell my Senators and at least one Cali Rep how mortified/embarrassed/ashamed/disgusted/wanna-disown-them I feel about them. There are no words.

                    Only by joining a WHOLE BUNCH of like minded people are we gonna make them pay for it...at the polls.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

                    Comment


                    • And the thing is Kavanaugh has not ruled as a crazy right winger so far, he has actually been more moderate than I like... Because I am a crazy right winger...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                      Comment


                      • So, we knew we didn't hear much from Ford's family, but who knew her own Father supported Kavanaugh?


                        Christine Blasey Ford’s Father Supported Brett Kavanaugh’s Confirmation


                        Last year, when Christine Blasey Ford emerged after then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearings to accuse him of attempted rape at a house party when both were teenagers, there were many unanswered questions both about her story and her credibility.

                        She offered no proof that she and Kavanaugh had ever even met. She couldn’t remember where it happened, when it happened, or how she arrived at or departed from the party. None of the four alleged witnesses she eventually named, including one of her closest lifelong friends, corroborated her accusations. Prior to airing her allegations with the media, she scrubbed her entire social media history that indicated she was a liberal activist.

                        To this day, there is zero evidence beyond her claims that the alleged assault ever happened. One detail, however, remains particularly intriguing. The Blasey family stayed conspicuously silent about the veracity of her allegations. A public letter of support for Ford that began “As members of Christine Blasey Ford’s family . . .” wasn’t signed by a single blood relative. Reached for comment by the Washington Post, her father simply said, “I think all of the Blasey family would support her. I think her record stands for itself. Her schooling, her jobs and so on,” before hanging up.

                        Privately, however, it appears the Blasey family had significant doubts about what Ford was trying to accomplish by coming forward and making unsubstantiated allegations against Brett Kavanaugh. Within days of Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court, a fascinating encounter took place. Brett Kavanaugh’s father was approached by Ford’s father at the golf club where they are both members.

                        Ralph Blasey, Ford’s father, went out of his way to offer to Ed Kavanaugh his support of Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court, according to multiple people familiar with the conversation that took place at Burning Tree Club in Bethesda, Maryland. “I’m glad Brett was confirmed,” Ralph Blasey told Ed Kavanaugh, shaking his hand. Blasey added that the ordeal had been tough for both families.

                        The encounter immediately caused a stir at the close-knit private golf club as staff and members shared the news. The conversation between the two men echoed a letter that Blasey had previously sent to the elder Kavanaugh. Neither man returned requests for comment about the exchanges.

                        Blasey never explicitly addressed the credibility of his daughter’s allegations, but he presumably wouldn’t have supported the nomination of a man he believed tried to rape his daughter.....

                        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          So, we knew we didn't hear much from Ford's family, but who knew her own Father supported Kavanaugh?


                          Christine Blasey Ford’s Father Supported Brett Kavanaugh’s Confirmation


                          Last year, when Christine Blasey Ford emerged after then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearings to accuse him of attempted rape at a house party when both were teenagers, there were many unanswered questions both about her story and her credibility.

                          She offered no proof that she and Kavanaugh had ever even met. She couldn’t remember where it happened, when it happened, or how she arrived at or departed from the party. None of the four alleged witnesses she eventually named, including one of her closest lifelong friends, corroborated her accusations. Prior to airing her allegations with the media, she scrubbed her entire social media history that indicated she was a liberal activist.

                          To this day, there is zero evidence beyond her claims that the alleged assault ever happened. One detail, however, remains particularly intriguing. The Blasey family stayed conspicuously silent about the veracity of her allegations. A public letter of support for Ford that began “As members of Christine Blasey Ford’s family . . .” wasn’t signed by a single blood relative. Reached for comment by the Washington Post, her father simply said, “I think all of the Blasey family would support her. I think her record stands for itself. Her schooling, her jobs and so on,” before hanging up.

                          Privately, however, it appears the Blasey family had significant doubts about what Ford was trying to accomplish by coming forward and making unsubstantiated allegations against Brett Kavanaugh. Within days of Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court, a fascinating encounter took place. Brett Kavanaugh’s father was approached by Ford’s father at the golf club where they are both members.

                          Ralph Blasey, Ford’s father, went out of his way to offer to Ed Kavanaugh his support of Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court, according to multiple people familiar with the conversation that took place at Burning Tree Club in Bethesda, Maryland. “I’m glad Brett was confirmed,” Ralph Blasey told Ed Kavanaugh, shaking his hand. Blasey added that the ordeal had been tough for both families.

                          The encounter immediately caused a stir at the close-knit private golf club as staff and members shared the news. The conversation between the two men echoed a letter that Blasey had previously sent to the elder Kavanaugh. Neither man returned requests for comment about the exchanges.

                          Blasey never explicitly addressed the credibility of his daughter’s allegations, but he presumably wouldn’t have supported the nomination of a man he believed tried to rape his daughter.....

                          This not long after Ford's attorney, Debra Katz, told an audience at the University of Baltimore's Feminist Legal Theory Conference in April that her client was at least in part politically motivated to testify against Brett Kavanaugh because of his stance on abortion.

                          Source: Christine Blasey Ford Attorney Admits On Video Client's Testimony Was Politically Motivated


                          Christine Blasey Ford's attorney Debra Katz told an audience at the University of Baltimore's Feminist Legal Theory Conference in April that her client was politically motivated to testify against then-U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of alleged decades-old sexual assault. According to Katz, Blasey Ford, whose social media was notably scrubbed before testimony, was concerned about Kavanaugh's stance on abortion and how it might impact Roe v. Wade.

                          "In the aftermath of these hearings, I believe that Christine's testimony brought about more good than the harm misogynist Republicans caused by allowing Kavanaugh on the court," the attorney said at the event, where she was keynote speaker, according to Newsweek [emphasis added]. "We were going to have a conservative [justice] ... Elections have consequences, but he will always have an asterisk next to his name. When he takes a scalpel to Roe v. Wade, we will know who he is, we know his character, and we know what motivates him, and that is important; it is important that we know, and that is part of what motivated Christine."

                          In a letter penned to Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) last year, Blasey Ford claimed Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her at a house party in the early 1980s, though she said she was unable to specify exactly where or when the alleged incident took place. The dubious claim was uncorroborated, the alleged witnesses she named denying any knowledge of the party or outright refuting the accusation, and the Senate Judiciary Committee ultimately found that there was "no evidence to substantiate any of the claims."

                          "In neither the committee's investigation nor in the supplemental background investigation conducted by the FBI was there ANY evidence to substantiate or corroborate any of the allegations," the Committee wrote.

                          Reporter Ryan Lovelace, the author of "Search and Destroy: Inside the Campaign against Brett Kavanaugh" and the first to cover the circulating video, told "Fox & Friends" that Katz's admission flies in the face of what the lawyer and Blasey Ford told the American people at the time of the testimony.

                          "For me, it raised two big things," said Lovelace. "The first is it contradicts much of what Debra Katz said at the time as Christine Blasey Ford's lawyer, that Christine Blasey Ford was ambivalent about all of this … and it contradicts… that Christine Blasey Ford was saying this was all about her 'civic duty.'"

                          "My motivation in coming forward was to be helpful and to provide facts about how Mr. Kavanaugh's actions have damaged my life and so you can take into serious consideration as you make your decision," Blasey Ford said at the hearing. She also called her testimony her "civic duty" in GoFundMe messages to monetary supporters.

                          Source

                          © Copyright Original Source



                          A video is available at the above link or at Newsweek: https://www.newsweek.com/christine-b...timony-1458217

                          I'm always still in trouble again

                          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            This not long after Ford's attorney, Debra Katz, told an audience at the University of Baltimore's Feminist Legal Theory Conference in April that her client was at least in part politically motivated to testify against Brett Kavanaugh because of his stance on abortion.
                            I think she's lying about "at least in part". It was obvious from day one that Ford's false accusations were entirely politically motivated.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God


                            From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              This not long after Ford's attorney, Debra Katz, told an audience at the University of Baltimore's Feminist Legal Theory Conference in April that her client was at least in part politically motivated to testify against Brett Kavanaugh because of his stance on abortion.

                              Source: Christine Blasey Ford Attorney Admits On Video Client's Testimony Was Politically Motivated


                              Christine Blasey Ford's attorney Debra Katz told an audience at the University of Baltimore's Feminist Legal Theory Conference in April that her client was politically motivated to testify against then-U.S. Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of alleged decades-old sexual assault. According to Katz, Blasey Ford, whose social media was notably scrubbed before testimony, was concerned about Kavanaugh's stance on abortion and how it might impact Roe v. Wade.

                              "In the aftermath of these hearings, I believe that Christine's testimony brought about more good than the harm misogynist Republicans caused by allowing Kavanaugh on the court," the attorney said at the event, where she was keynote speaker, according to Newsweek [emphasis added]. "We were going to have a conservative [justice] ... Elections have consequences, but he will always have an asterisk next to his name. When he takes a scalpel to Roe v. Wade, we will know who he is, we know his character, and we know what motivates him, and that is important; it is important that we know, and that is part of what motivated Christine."

                              In a letter penned to Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) last year, Blasey Ford claimed Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her at a house party in the early 1980s, though she said she was unable to specify exactly where or when the alleged incident took place. The dubious claim was uncorroborated, the alleged witnesses she named denying any knowledge of the party or outright refuting the accusation, and the Senate Judiciary Committee ultimately found that there was "no evidence to substantiate any of the claims."

                              "In neither the committee's investigation nor in the supplemental background investigation conducted by the FBI was there ANY evidence to substantiate or corroborate any of the allegations," the Committee wrote.

                              Reporter Ryan Lovelace, the author of "Search and Destroy: Inside the Campaign against Brett Kavanaugh" and the first to cover the circulating video, told "Fox & Friends" that Katz's admission flies in the face of what the lawyer and Blasey Ford told the American people at the time of the testimony.

                              "For me, it raised two big things," said Lovelace. "The first is it contradicts much of what Debra Katz said at the time as Christine Blasey Ford's lawyer, that Christine Blasey Ford was ambivalent about all of this … and it contradicts… that Christine Blasey Ford was saying this was all about her 'civic duty.'"

                              "My motivation in coming forward was to be helpful and to provide facts about how Mr. Kavanaugh's actions have damaged my life and so you can take into serious consideration as you make your decision," Blasey Ford said at the hearing. She also called her testimony her "civic duty" in GoFundMe messages to monetary supporters.

                              Source

                              © Copyright Original Source



                              A video is available at the above link or at Newsweek: https://www.newsweek.com/christine-b...timony-1458217
                              Thought lawyers weren't supposed to share whatever they knew?
                              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                                Thought lawyers weren't supposed to share whatever they knew?
                                Probably shared it as her personal opinion, not based on anything Ford told her.
                                "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 08:17 AM
                                1 response
                                26 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                                Started by LiconaFan97, 10-23-2020, 04:56 PM
                                20 responses
                                165 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                                Started by Juvenal, 10-23-2020, 11:08 AM
                                10 responses
                                98 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Juvenal
                                by Juvenal
                                 
                                Started by Hypatia_Alexandria, 10-23-2020, 08:52 AM
                                6 responses
                                64 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by Ronson, 10-22-2020, 10:59 PM
                                62 responses
                                469 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Watermelon  
                                Working...
                                X