Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Whether you believe Dr Ford to be a liar or not is irrelevant...
    The sad thing is that you actually believe this.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      The sad thing is that you actually believe this.
      No the sad thing is that republicans got you to believe that Fords accussations were all that Kavanaughs confirmation hearing was all about. It worked like a charm.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JimL View Post
        No the sad thing is that republicans got you to believe that Fords accussations were all that Kavanaughs confirmation hearing was all about. It worked like a charm.
        No, Jim, you're wrong. It was also about a porn star lawyer flat out lying about his client's testimony, and other false accusers being exposed, along with ZERO corroboration of Ford's accussations [sic].
        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          ...that Kavanaugh lied under oath and that he showed a lack of temperment befitting a SC Justice was itself disqualifying.
          Whether you believe Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's behavior is disqualifying or that he lied under oath is irrelevant. A majority of US Senators obviously do not share your opinion.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God


          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Whether you believe Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's behavior is disqualifying or that he lied under oath is irrelevant. A majority of US Senators obviously do not share your opinion.
            Either that or they were going to ram him through regardless. Oh wait, M. McConnell admitted to that from the get go didn't he?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Either that or they were going to ram him through regardless. Oh wait, M. McConnell admitted to that from the get go didn't he?
              And the Democrats announced they were going to torpedo Kav even before the hearings started - they had no interest whatsoever in the truth - just stop Kav at all costs.
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                Either that or they were going to ram him through regardless. Oh wait, M. McConnell admitted to that from the get go didn't he?
                If McConnell was intent to "ram [Kavanaugh] through", it was purely in the interest of stopping any further smear attempts by the corrupt members of the Democrat party.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God


                From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  "The special background investigation of Brett Kavanaugh involved nine witnesses..."

                  Why those nine? I'll answer for you: because they were explicitly named by the accusers themselves as firsthand witnesses, making them the most natural starting point for any investigation, and if any of those witnesses had corroborated the accusations or named additional witnesses then the scope of the investigation would have naturally expanded. Instead, the witnesses refuted the accusations or said they had no memory of the incident in question, at which point the investigation is naturally concluded.

                  To put it another way, if your most credible witnesses say it didn't happen, then it is reasonable to conclude that it didn't happen.
                  This is too glib by half in your attempt to reach a predetermined conclusion exonerating Kavanaugh. “The concerns around the probe largely revolved around the Friday deadline and the limited scope, both of which were decided by the White House last week. Throughout this week, reports surfaced of people who said they had information about the allegations trying and failing to share their information with the FBI”.

                  http://time.com/5415845/kavanaugh-fb...ion-witnesses/

                  In short the FBI's "limited scope of Kavanaugh’s seventh and final background investigation, ordered by President Donald Trump last week under pressure from Flake, was freely acknowledged by the White House deputy press secretary, Raj Shah”.

                  Of course liberals were hoping for another Mueller-like witch-hunt that stretched on for months and months with investigators kicking over every bush looking for anything to pin on Justice Kavanaugh
                  This is just Trumpian hyperbole. Arguing that the restricted time given the FBI is insufficient does not equate to a "Mueller-like witch-hunt that stretched on for months and months". It was in everyone's best interest, including Kavanaugh himself, to clarify the accusations and remove the considerable doubt as to his suitably for the bench.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

                  Comment


                  • Michael Avenatti Arrested for Felony Domestic Violence

                    Michael Avenatti, who became famous for representing Stormy Daniels in her battle with President Trump, has been arrested for felony domestic violence ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

                    Our law enforcement sources say Avenatti was arrested Wednesday after his estranged wife filed a felony DV report. We're told her face was "swollen and bruised."

                    Our sources say the alleged incident occurred Tuesday, but there was a confrontation Wednesday between the two at an exclusive apartment building in the Century City area of L.A.

                    We're told during Wednesday's confrontation the woman ran out of the apartment building and was on the sidewalk on her cellphone with sunglasses covering her eyes, screaming on the phone, "I can't believe you did this to me."


                    http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/14/michae...iels-attorney/
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Michael Avenatti Arrested for Felony Domestic Violence

                      Michael Avenatti, who became famous for representing Stormy Daniels in her battle with President Trump, has been arrested for felony domestic violence ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

                      Our law enforcement sources say Avenatti was arrested Wednesday after his estranged wife filed a felony DV report. We're told her face was "swollen and bruised."

                      Our sources say the alleged incident occurred Tuesday, but there was a confrontation Wednesday between the two at an exclusive apartment building in the Century City area of L.A.

                      We're told during Wednesday's confrontation the woman ran out of the apartment building and was on the sidewalk on her cellphone with sunglasses covering her eyes, screaming on the phone, "I can't believe you did this to me."


                      http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/14/michae...iels-attorney/
                      But, but, but he's such an upstanding citizen!!!!
                      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                      Comment


                      • And this guy thought he had a serious chance of beating Trump.
                        Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-14-2018, 08:32 PM.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God


                        From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          But, but, but he's such an upstanding citizen!!!!
                          And a defender of women's rights!
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                            “The concerns around the probe largely revolved around the Friday deadline and the limited scope, both of which were decided by the White House last week. Throughout this week, reports surfaced of people who said they had information about the allegations trying and failing to share their information with the FBI”.

                            http://time.com/5415845/kavanaugh-fb...ion-witnesses/
                            "Reports surfaced" is classic fake news weasel wording, like "sources say".
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God


                            From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              "Reports surfaced" is classic fake news weasel wording, like "sources say".
                              Is this the same as Trump's go-to phrase: "A lot of people are saying" when he is making stuff up...like most of the time?
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                And the Democrats announced they were going to torpedo Kav even before the hearings started
                                It's quite reasonable to expect the Dems to vote against Kavanaugh and make various arguments as to why he shouldn't be seated on SCOTUS: Republicans previously voted against Obama's pick just cos, and Kavanaugh's got a history of being a political operative so isn't the right type of person to be on SCOTUS.

                                they had no interest whatsoever in the truth - just stop Kav at all costs.
                                Don't make crazy stuff up.

                                You're mentally ill if you think Dems don't care about truth or would literally facilitate a sexual assault slander scheme.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seer, Today, 02:50 PM
                                12 responses
                                61 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post thormas
                                by thormas
                                 
                                Started by rogue06, Today, 02:18 PM
                                3 responses
                                39 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rogue06
                                by rogue06
                                 
                                Started by Whateverman, Yesterday, 07:17 PM
                                53 responses
                                234 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Stoic
                                by Stoic
                                 
                                Started by Whateverman, Yesterday, 04:39 PM
                                3 responses
                                37 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Whateverman  
                                Started by Hypatia_Alexandria, Yesterday, 03:30 PM
                                91 responses
                                423 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seanD
                                by seanD
                                 
                                Working...
                                X