Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And how many times just in this thread were we solemnly informed that for all practical purposes this sort of stuff doesn't happen and we should always default to automatically believing the accuser?
    I think context matters for that. If a friend or family member with a history of being reliable told me something happened, I wouldn't hesitate to believe them. When the context is high profile people or a politically charged context, caution is justified.

(That's similar to a point Mike Licona made in his book on the resurrection of Jesus. He said that he doesn't pay an attention to people who claim to have seen extraterrestrials, but if his wife told him she had seen something, he would have to at the very least take it seriously.)
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Did you actually READ your cites? Here, lemme help you --- I'll bold some of it for your benefit...

[box]“Our supplemental update to the previous background investigation was limited in scope and that is consistent with the standard process for such investigations going back quite a long ways,” Wray said, explaining that background check investigations are not like criminal ones.

As is standard, the investigation was very specific in scope, limited in scope and that is the usual process,” Wray said, adding, “And my folks have assured me that the usual process was followed.”
      Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?
      They were “limited” by the WH. This is not in question.

“FBI chief confirms investigation into Brett Kavanaugh was ‘limited in scope’ by the White House”. “Trump orders a 'limited scope' FBI investigation into Kavanaugh allegations”.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...he-white-house

This may be standard, routine procedure during normal FBI investigations of a nominee’s background, but this was not a "standard, routine" investigation. It was an extraordinary investigation. There were left unresolved, thanks to the WH, many questions which required answers. Dozens of others named by the accusers Christine Blasey Ford and Deborah Ramirez" were bypassed. It seems that Trump and the likes of you just didn’t want to know.
      Last edited by Tassman; 11-05-2018, 01:29 AM.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Now we have a man telling Senate investigators that he had a consensual encounter with Ford similar to her "recovered" memories about Justice Kavanaugh.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...similar-claim/
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post

“FBI chief confirms investigation into Brett Kavanaugh was ‘limited in scope’ by the White House”. “Trump orders a 'limited scope' FBI investigation into Kavanaugh allegations”.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...he-white-house

This may be standard, routine procedure during normal FBI investigations of a nominee’s background, but this was not a "standard, routine" investigation. It was an extraordinary investigation. There were left unresolved, thanks to the WH, many questions which required answers. Dozens of others named by the accusers Christine Blasey Ford and Deborah Ramirez" were bypassed. It seems that Trump and the likes of you just didn’t want to know.
          Limited in scope can mean the time limit that was agreed to by the Democrats.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            It was the deal Flake made with the Democrats - but it didn't produce what you wanted, so you're whining about it.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Now we have a man telling Senate investigators that he had a consensual encounter with Ford similar to her "recovered" memories about Justice Kavanaugh.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...similar-claim/
              Her wearing a one-piece swimsuit under her clothes, on a bed in an upstairs bedroom in Montgomery County, and a friend jumping on top of them breaking it up. If true that's a lot of coincidences.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Her wearing a one-piece swimsuit under her clothes, on a bed in an upstairs bedroom in Montgomery County, and a friend jumping on top of them breaking it up. If true that's a lot of coincidences.
                But wait, there's MORE!

In addition, the committee is investigating whether a friend of Ford and former FBI official Monica McLean, had tried to tamper with witness testimony by trying to persuade another friend of Ford, Leland Keyser, to change her testimony.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It was the deal Flake made with the Democrats - but it didn't produce what you wanted, so you're whining about it.
                  Yep... they don't get a "do over" just because their scheme failed.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And how many times just in this thread were we solemnly informed that for all practical purposes this sort of stuff doesn't happen and we should always default to automatically believing the accuser?
                    Yeah, women don't lie about rape or sexual assault. They have nothing to gain.

Comment

• Hmm, me thinks I've stumbled into the women haters club?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Hmm, me thinks I've stumbled into the women haters club?
                        Actually, it's the truth lovers club, but not surprising you would not grasp that.

Comment

HeManWomanHatersClubLittleRascals.jpg
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

No, that would be you guys. Who think that women are all too dumb to lie for personal gain.

Comment

So I hate myself now Jimmy because I want evidence before I want somebody condemned?
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Actually, it's the truth lovers club, but not surprising you would not grasp that.
                                Now that's a lie if I ever heard one. You're a Trump supporter, the truth lovers club!

Comment