Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, if accusations count as evidence then so do denials.
    A: "Officer, this man robbed me!"
    B: "No, I didn't."
    Officer: "Accusations and denials are equal, so I will not investigate this any further."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      They will doubled down on their efforts to take the house and the senate so they can impeach him - guaranteed that's the playbook.
      That's exceedingly unlikely. Controlling the Senate and House isn't sufficient to impeach, you need control of the House and 2/3 of the Senate, which hasn't happened in the last 50 years and is virtually impossible in our current political climate. If you're going to impeach someone, you need at least some of both parties to sign up for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Idiotic Missile View Post
        I want to live in a world where rape victims aren't told "too bad, you don't have any evidence, so your rapist gets to continue raping and prospering and you can't say anything because that opens the door for some hypothetical false accusation."

The evidence shows credible false rape accusations are very, very rare. Reason tells us that rape victims shouldn't keep silent if they don't have any proof.
        Look, man, you're casting your net far too wide. Nobody is saying that victims of rape and other sexual assaults should keep silent. But that doesn't justify women like Ford, Ramirez, and Swetnick making obviously false and malicious accusations against an innocent man.

And speaking of Swetnick, a commentator on CNN is blaming her lawyer, Michael Aventi, for pushing the ridiculous "gang rape" narrative and hurting "the Democratic effort to bring down Kavanaugh’s nomination".

https://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...ing-kavanaugh/

Well, at least he was honest about what they were trying to do.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Idiotic Missile View Post
          A: "Officer, this man robbed me!"
          B: "No, I didn't."
          Officer: "Accusations and denials are equal, so I will not investigate this any further."
          More like:

A: "This man robbed me!"
          B: "No I didn't!"
          Officer: "And what evidence do you have that he robbed you?"
          A: "Well, I'm accusing him, aren't I? That's more than enough evidence to start an investigation."
          Officer: "You don't understand the burden of proof, do you sir?"
          A: "The burden of what now?"
          Officer: "Have a good evening, sir."
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

They will doubled down on their efforts to take the house and the senate so they can impeach him - guaranteed that's the playbook.
            Duh! They'll double down CP, really? Like they weren't going to really try to win, but now they're really really going to try. They may attempt to have him impeached if they take the House, and they should, he, a Judge, lied numerous times to Congress while under oath and he also showed himself to be, not a judge, but a biased right wing activist as well as threatening to take revenge once on the bench. So, he should be impeached. He should never be confirmed in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              More like:

A: "This man robbed me!"
              B: "No I didn't!"
              Officer: "And what evidence do you have that he robbed you?"
              A: "Well, I'm accusing him, aren't I? That's more than enough evidence to start an investigation."
              Officer: "You don't understand the burden of proof, do you sir?"
              A: "The burden of what now?"
              Officer: "Have a good evening, sir."
              The advise and consent process is not a criminal proceeding MM, like any job interview it doesn't require proof. The republicans, particularly Susan Collins, all thought Al Franken should resign after being accused, they didn't need any investigation, and they only went along with this sham of an investigation in order to give cover to those republicans, like Collins, to vote yes. Worked out well for them so far, not sure how it will effect the upcoming elections, or how Collins will fare in her next election. One thing I think we can definitely count on, there will definitely be a pink wave, and they won't be voting for republicans.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                The advise and consent process is not a criminal proceeding MM, like any job interview it doesn't require proof. The republicans, particularly Susan Collins, all thought Al Franken should resign after being accused, they didn't need any investigation...
                If only Dr. Ford had a picture of Kavanaugh touching her boobs....
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If only Dr. Ford had a picture of Kavanaugh touching her boobs....
                  Yeah, and you don't believe her do you CP? You think she made the whole thing up and put herself and her family through all this because why? You know you believe her, and we know most everyone in Congress believed her as well, it's just that you and they just don't care really, but you can never admit to that, you have to pretend that you believe the guy that under oath lied over and over again instead, because, well, like the liar Trump, he's your guy, they're your kind of guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                    I want to live in a world where rape victims aren't told "too bad, you don't have any evidence, so your rapist gets to continue raping and prospering and you can't say anything because that opens the door for some hypothetical false accusation."
                    WeÂ’ve tried the system of guilty till proven innocent. Did you not pay attention in your history class at the results? Mercy and protection of the innocent is just as important, if not more so, than justice and punishment of the guilty. If you want to live under your idiotic rules, try North Korea. Perhaps 20 years of hard labor for the crime of having dust on the picture of the dear leader might be enough to show you why guilty till proven innocent is a dumb idea.

The evidence shows credible false rape accusations are very, very rare. Reason tells us that rape victims shouldn't keep silent if they don't have any proof.
                    And if a life can be destroyed by a mere accusation, would it stay that way? And we’ve also been through this and you ignored it, your claim only measures those accusations were credible evidence of a crime might have occurred. It didn’t take into account the claims that were unable to be verified. Ignoring that detail doesn’t make go away, no matter how much you wish that detail would disappear.
                    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-05-2018, 11:20 PM.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The advise and consent process is not a criminal proceeding MM, like any job interview it doesn't require proof. The republicans, particularly Susan Collins, all thought Al Franken should resign after being accused, they didn't need any investigation, and they only went along with this sham of an investigation in order to give cover to those republicans, like Collins, to vote yes. Worked out well for them so far, not sure how it will effect the upcoming elections, or how Collins will fare in her next election. One thing I think we can definitely count on, there will definitely be a pink wave, and they won't be voting for republicans.
                      No evidence and still guilty. More proof that your insanity needs to be stomped into the curb.

BTW there were pictures of Al Franken doing just what he was accused of doing idiot.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Duh! They'll double down CP, really? Like they weren't going to really try to win, but now they're really really going to try. They may attempt to have him impeached if they take the House, and they should, he, a Judge, lied numerous times to Congress while under oath and he also showed himself to be, not a judge, but a biased right wing activist as well as threatening to take revenge once on the bench. So, he should be impeached. He should never be confirmed in the first place.
                        What crime was committed?
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yeah, and you don't believe her do you CP? You think she made the whole thing up and put herself and her family through all this because why? You know you believe her, and we know most everyone in Congress believed her as well, it's just that you and they just don't care really, but you can never admit to that, you have to pretend that you believe the guy that under oath lied over and over again instead, because, well, like the liar Trump, he's your guy, they're your kind of guys.
                          A million dollar go fund me account might explain a few things...
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

This post is so full of ignorant crap it's not even funny, Jim. You're doing that goofy thing where you pretend to know what others think, and you really suck at it.

It's not about believing Kavanaugh - it's about Ford's various accounts conflicting with each other, her best friend not even being able to corroborate her story, no witnesses coming forward....

Senator Collins laid out the case amazingly well, and unlike DiFi, showed some true character, risking her political future for the truth.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

At this point, I can say unambiguously and unequivocally that I do not believe her.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                BTW there were pictures of Al Franken doing just what he was accused of doing idiot.
                                I think Jim must have posted his "talking points for liberal idiots" before reading the part about the photos. That was one of dumbest comparisons I've seen in some time.

Comment