Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watermelon
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Let's try a little experiment, Jim.

Three things....

A man cups his hand over a woman's (or girl's) breast without her permission.
    A football player pats his buddy on the butt after a touchdown.
    A man kisses his wife on the neck and she loves it.

Which of these is not like the other?
    There’s a reason why criminal law requires the mens rea element. A man cups his hand over a woman’s breast accidentally to stop her from walking into oncoming traffic isn’t sexual assault. A gay football player patting a teammates butt could potentially be sexual assault.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Watermelon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Jimmy, it's the LAW that says inappropriate touching and forced kissing falls under the category of sexual assault. I've given you a source for this.
    I’m sure it will also require that the purpose of the inappropriate touching and kissing to be for ones own sexual gratification to be considered sexual assault.

Leave a comment:

• Watermelon
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It appears that for little jimmy it is only sexual assault if rape is involved.
    In my state sexual assault requires penetration ie rape. No penetration is called indecent assault here.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    For one thing, sexual misconduct, as you define it, is not sexual assault.
    Jimmy, it's the LAW that says inappropriate touching and forced kissing falls under the category of sexual assault. I've given you a source for this.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    This is all starting to sound a lot like little jimmy's "what is a boy" fiasco.
    I was thinking the very same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    You assume that they are telling the truth in order to investigate the charge.
    No, you consider the possibility that they are telling the truth in order to investigate the charge.

When a women reports violence or a rape, the police assume she's not lying and they go and arrest the perpertator.
    Nope. There needs to be corroborating evidence - something that offsets the presumption of innocence of the accused. There are many factors that can be considered, especially for an incident that is being reported well after the alleged incident occurred. That's a key component, Jim - "after the fact".

That doesn't make him guilty.
    Her testimony, along with corroborating evidence or factors, makes him a suspect worthy of questioning.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Three things....

Smart move. Making it sound like something from Sesame Street might just put it at a level even little jimmy can understand.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Which is why I very explicitly said "on the road" to.... in the workplace, for example, a woman doesn't have to wait until she is raped to sexual misconduct, Jim.

It sounds like you're trying to say that Uncle Joe can do anything he wants to a woman as long as it's not technically illegal.
    This is all starting to sound a lot like little jimmy's "what is a boy" fiasco.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    jimmy, when you start off by automatically presuming that the accuser is telling the truth as Biden demanded then by definition you are assuming that the accused is guilty. You have turned the presumption of innocence on its head and are making the accused prove his innocence.
    You assume that they are telling the truth in order to investigate the charge. When a women reports violence or a rape, the police assume she's not lying and they go and arrest the perpertator. That doesn't make him guilty.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Dumb. I guess all those athletes patting each others rear ends is sexual assault, or giving someone a pat on the back for a job well done etc etc. is sexual assault. Get a grip!

Three things....

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Well, obviously I intend to say what I say, CP.
    Not always, and I was really hoping this was one of those cases, cause you're just digging deeper.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Which is why I very explicitly said "on the road" to.... in the workplace, for example, a woman doesn't have to wait until she is raped to sexual misconduct, Jim.

It sounds like you're trying to say that Uncle Joe can do anything he wants to a woman as long as it's not technically illegal.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    I tried to help you out, Jim. You would have been so much better off if you had just said, "yeah, that's not what I intended to say".
    Well, obviously I intend to say what I say, CP.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Pretty much anything that makes a person feel uncomfortable, especially if it is "on the road" to sexual misconduct.

Leave a comment: