Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cliven Bundy puts gun in mouth, pulls trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliven Bundy puts gun in mouth, pulls trigger

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/2...r-paul-heller/

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”
    Brah, get the memo. Rayciss'm is worse than pedophilia. Now all the Republican politicians who supported them will scatter like chickens after a gunshot and the Feds will have free reign on his behind. Good job!
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

He's an old codger from a whole 'nuther era. Therefore, let's go after him with paramilitary overwhelming force!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/2...r-paul-heller/

Brah, get the memo. Rayciss'm is worse than pedophilia.

Only if you are white.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Only if you are white.
        Didn't you get the memo? Only white people can be rayciss't.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          Didn't you get the memo? Only white people can be rayciss't.
          That's whut I sed!!!

Comment

Leftists can often be better about this than rightists:

Basically, this is a test for Republicans. If they run, they've failed already.
            Last edited by Epoetker; 04-25-2014, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              He's an old codger from a whole 'nuther era. Therefore, let's go after him with paramilitary overwhelming force!
              He comes from the era where you could express these opinions out loud in public. Nowadays, you gotta walk the walk without talking the talk.

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
                He comes from the era where you could express these opinions out loud in public. Nowadays, you gotta walk the walk without talking the talk.
                Yeah, we had an old guy in our Church who was 92 years old, and we took our young boys to visit him in the nursing home. Gus used to be quite a singer, so I asked him if he could sing a song for the boys....

He belted out, "Jesus loves everybody, Jesus loves everybody, Jesus loves everybody, He even loves the (N word)"

Our boys, of course, were shocked/amused/embarrassed..... but Gus obviously meant nothing hateful about it -- that's how he grew up.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Yeah, we had an old guy in our Church who was 92 years old, and we took our young boys to visit him in the nursing home. Gus used to be quite a singer, so I asked him if he could sing a song for the boys....

He belted out, "Jesus loves everybody, Jesus loves everybody, Jesus loves everybody, He even loves the (N word)"

Our boys, of course, were shocked/amused/embarrassed..... but Gus obviously meant nothing hateful about it -- that's how he grew up.
                  He grew up in a more truthful time, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                    He grew up in a more truthful time, apparently.
                    I wouldn't say "more truthful", necessarily.

But it's almost impossible to explain to the hyper-reactive that that's just how things were! Doesn't mean they were GOOD, it was just LIFE. And when that old man (the one I knew) said the N word, it was with ZERO animosity or hatred -- it was pretty much the same way people use "African-American" today.

Comment

It was a stupid thing to say. Even growing up in another era, you can not be ignorant enough to realize that things like that are simply dumb. As much as I hate what the left has done to this guy, what he said was just begging to be ridiculed. But the comparisons to what Phil Robertson said are also stupid.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Nah, what Cliven Bundy is saying is both simply true and taken out of context by his enemies.

Paraphrasing from another site, the problem for the left is that they get used to just quoting their enemies and expecting people to be shocked, but at some point people realize that what they're saying makes terrific sense, and who the hell is this no-account idiot telling me to get OUTRAGED anyway?
                        Last edited by Epoetker; 04-25-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

But it's almost impossible to explain to the hyper-reactive that that's just how things were! Doesn't mean they were GOOD, it was just LIFE. And when that old man (the one I knew) said the N word, it was with ZERO animosity or hatred -- it was pretty much the same way people use "African-American" today.
                          He didn't sound all that patronizing or officious

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                            Nah, what Cliven Bundy is saying is both simply true and taken out of context by his enemies.
                            Amen this. Read what his black supporters are saying.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              It was a stupid thing to say.
                              Absolutely

Even growing up in another era, you can not be ignorant enough to realize that things like that are simply dumb.
                              I don't think you really appreciate what it's like for these old guys to grow up all their lives completely separate from all of today's culture, and I seriously doubt if he watches much TV or even gives a flip.

As much as I hate what the left has done to this guy, what he said was just begging to be ridiculed.
                              Agreed 100%

But the comparisons to what Phil Robertson said are also stupid.
                              Yup

Comment