Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are your kids confrontational? They might be terrorists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to give you some perspective of how utterly retarded and bizarre the terrorism charade apparatus in this country has become… while we’re told to keep an eye on our potential terrorist neighbors and children, fear "domestic terrorist" cattle ranchers, while all our communication data is being recorded and stored and we’re getting groped by TSA agents, in the meantime, the REAL al-qaeda (the SAME group that orchestrated 911… remember?) loyalists in Syria are living large off the teat of your tax dollar funded anti-tank (and undoubtedly anti-aircraft) weaponry…

http://live.wsj.com/video/syrian-reb...C-19F1876C8479

Come on everybody, can I get an "allahu akbar!" in support of our al-qaeda loyalist buddies in Aleppo.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      What Teallaura said. And if I may briefly add: Lisa is an official counterterrorism “expert” giving a speech about terrorism on the Boston bombing day memorial and who directly used that event as the catalyst of the speech in the beginning of the speech, so don’t tell me it wasn’t based on terrorism. She didn’t mention Aurora or Newtown because of the very fact it WAS based on what is officially classified as terrorism. You’re merely projecting a context she didn’t intend. However, in spite of the sensationalism of terrorism, data shows that it’s a miniscule problem in the US. The statements she made, that hinge on paranoia, are not justified by the actual problem of terrorism in the US, particularly her charge for us to watch for certain behaviors in children that are normal adolescent behavior. Her statements correlate with the sensationalism of terrorism portrayed in the MSM (and the continuity of that I believe is the intent), not the reality of the problem of terrorism in the US, and deserve the ridicule and scorn that I’m hopefully achieving with this thread.
      Right, so you didn't bother to read her speech. I had suspected as much. Had you done so, perhaps you'd have noticed this bit:

Source: Lisa Monaco

We’ve faced violent expressions of extremism throughout our history, including 19 years ago this week in Oklahoma City. And, sadly, we continue to face it, as we saw just two days ago in Overland Park, Kansas, when a gunman—allegedly a white supremacist with a long history of racist and anti-Semitic behavior—opened fire at a Jewish community center and retirement home, killing three. And, while the American people continue to stand united against hatred and violence, the unfortunate truth is that extremist groups will continue targeting vulnerable populations in an effort to promote their murderous ideology.

© Copyright Original Source

This was mentioned well before the discussion of potential indicators.

Of course the speech touched on terrorism and the Boston bombings, but that was neither the focus nor the limit of her speech. It's ironic, though, that you would accuse me of projecting a context that she didn't intend while simultaneously claiming another intent of your own projection (as evidenced by the bolded line).
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
        Right, so you didn't bother to read her speech. I had suspected as much. Had you done so, perhaps you'd have noticed this bit:

Source: Lisa Monaco

We’ve faced violent expressions of extremism throughout our history, including 19 years ago this week in Oklahoma City. And, sadly, we continue to face it, as we saw just two days ago in Overland Park, Kansas, when a gunman—allegedly a white supremacist with a long history of racist and anti-Semitic behavior—opened fire at a Jewish community center and retirement home, killing three. And, while the American people continue to stand united against hatred and violence, the unfortunate truth is that extremist groups will continue targeting vulnerable populations in an effort to promote their murderous ideology.

© Copyright Original Source

This was mentioned well before the discussion of potential indicators.

Of course the speech touched on terrorism and the Boston bombings, but that was neither the focus nor the limit of her speech. It's ironic, though, that you would accuse me of projecting a context that she didn't intend while simultaneously claiming another intent of your own projection (as evidenced by the bolded line).
        I did read her speech and was aware that she mentioned the Kansas shooting. When it's racially motivated, it's at least unofficially categorized as a terrorist act, and this recent shooting was definitely no exception, hence the reason for the inclusion of this incident during the MSM's latest feeding frenzy about "rightwing terrorism." I'm sure Lisa is aware of this, thus the reason she specifically mentioned this "rightwing terrorist" shooting and not the other shootings. The other shootings clearly had warning signs that people apparently ignored, so they would have been prime examples of signs that people missed or ignored if this was her intent behind the speech. Once again, it's erroneous (and weird as I've stated) to claim the speech wasn't about what we understand as national terrorism when this was clearly the catalyst behind the speech from the very beginning to the very last sentence in her speech.

Comment

I don't care to argue about the details of her speech, since Carrikature has already gone down that path. But I do want to briefly comment on what indicators are, and how they are used. While I understand the negative reaction here, I think it reflects a misunderstanding in how indicators are meant to be used and I'd like to contribute by clearing things up a little.

Indicators are meant to be stacked together and correlated with other data to determine if an investigation needs to take place (or continue). A single indicator, with no other supportive information, doesn't necessarily mean anything. Nor does even several indicators grouped together. If there's a list of 30 common indicators for, say, drug trafficking (in a vehicle), and a subject is displaying 2 indicators, it's not a big deal. If they're displaying 28 out of 30, then the situation probably warrants closer scrutiny. Each indicator, taken by itself, could be entirely innocuous (ATM receipts from a large geographic area, piles of drive-thru trash, absence of luggage when travelling a great distance, few occupants in the vehicle). Even with a huge stack of indicators, none of it may rise to the level of probable cause.

The reason for identifying indicators, and then teaching them to law enforcement (or national intelligence) officials is to help them understand where to look. If they don't know the indicators, then they'll likely never notice the crime that's right in front of them.
          "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment