Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Iran nuclear deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obstructionist conservative* Joe Liberman praises Trump's foreign policy.

Source: Sen. Lieberman Praises Trump: USA in Position to Bring Stability in Middle East and Asia

“I actually think it’s a great thing,” Lieberman told Breitbart Editor-in-chief Alex Marlow. “I think the president made the correct decision, and, frankly, it’s a courageous decision.”

Lieberman, who now is on the advisory board at the Gatestone Institute and chairman of United Against Nuclear Iran, said former President Barack Obama “basically gave all our leverage away” and only stalled–rather than stopped–Iran’s nuclear weapons program.

“It took guts for President Trump to do what he did, but I think he did something totally in the interest of the U.S. He operated from power,” Lieberman said.

Obama, some European allies, Russia, and China signed onto the agreement in 2015 without approval from the U.S. Congress.

Lieberman also weighed in on how the Iran decision will play out in the Trump administration’s negotiations with North Korea, as some critics are claiming that pulling out of the Iran deal will threaten these negotiations.

“I think it’s totally the opposite,” Lieberman said. “I think with what the president has said to Iran is also a message to North Korea, which is, ‘Unless you really denuclearize the Korean Peninsula — which is what we wanted the Iranians to do, or should have wanted them to do, what President Trump wants them to do — then there’s not going to be an agreement between the U.S., North Korea, and South Korea.’”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...east-and-asia/

© Copyright Original Source

* Yes, that was sarcasm.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Obstructionist conservative* Joe Liberman praises Trump's foreign policy.

Source: Sen. Lieberman Praises Trump: USA in Position to Bring Stability in Middle East and Asia

“I actually think it’s a great thing,” Lieberman told Breitbart Editor-in-chief Alex Marlow. “I think the president made the correct decision, and, frankly, it’s a courageous decision.”

Lieberman, who now is on the advisory board at the Gatestone Institute and chairman of United Against Nuclear Iran, said former President Barack Obama “basically gave all our leverage away” and only stalled–rather than stopped–Iran’s nuclear weapons program.

“It took guts for President Trump to do what he did, but I think he did something totally in the interest of the U.S. He operated from power,” Lieberman said.

Obama, some European allies, Russia, and China signed onto the agreement in 2015 without approval from the U.S. Congress.

Lieberman also weighed in on how the Iran decision will play out in the Trump administration’s negotiations with North Korea, as some critics are claiming that pulling out of the Iran deal will threaten these negotiations.

“I think it’s totally the opposite,” Lieberman said. “I think with what the president has said to Iran is also a message to North Korea, which is, ‘Unless you really denuclearize the Korean Peninsula — which is what we wanted the Iranians to do, or should have wanted them to do, what President Trump wants them to do — then there’s not going to be an agreement between the U.S., North Korea, and South Korea.’”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...east-and-asia/

© Copyright Original Source

* Yes, that was sarcasm.
      Liberman is an obstructionist conservative, always has been. Why do you think he was Trumps first choice to head the FBI? He's also one of those Israel can do no wrong guys. So we liberals have no love for Joe Liberman, we have little interest in what he thinks, MM.
      Last edited by JimL; 05-11-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Liberman is an obstructionist conservative, always has been. Why do you think he was Trumps first choice to head the FBI? He's also one of those Israel can do no wrong guys. So we liberals have no love for Joe Liberman, we have little interest in what he thinks, MM.
        In reality he was on the short list for FBI director but didn't make the cut and was very likely put on it as a "token" Democrat.

Lieberman was Al Gore's running mate in 2000 so he could hardly be considered a conservative (especially in a party that ran all of them out awhile back) and has an ardent pro-abortion history as well as being a strong supporter of "affirmative action," environmental legislation (co-sponsor of the Clean Air Act, the Lieberman-Warner Climate Security Act (a.k.a. "Cap and Trade") and is very vocal about AGW), and gay rights (voting against a constitutional ban of same-sex marriage, co-sponsoring the Domestic Partners Benefits and Obligations act of 2009 and the Employment Non-Discrimination Act although he earlier supported "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Still he scores an 88 out of 100 from the Human Rights Campaign) and his pro-union stances earned him a 100% AFL-CIO rating. Finally, he also received an "F" from the NRA and 90% from the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence.

Yeah, a real life-time "obstructionist conservative" there

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment