Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrats Vs. Liberals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, the CURRENT liberals want to control every aspect of our lives....
    Pretty much, it is not only that but the fact that they will seek to destroy anyone that disagrees with them.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Shouldn't you be baking cookies or doing laundry or making babies?
      1) I'm roasting red potatoes for a church banquet 2) I did he laundry with the help of Mr. Catholicty on Monday and 3) I'm 7.5 months.....
      Now if you want to eat those red potatoes you'll quit fussing and travel.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        1) I'm roasting red potatoes for a church banquet 2) I did he laundry with the help of Mr. Catholicty on Monday and 3) I'm 7.5 months.....
        Now if you want to eat those red potatoes you'll quit fussing and travel.
        Only ONE BABY!?!?!?!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Democrats, like Republicans, are split between fiscal issues and social issues. Who is one supposed to vote for, when the party that seems to want to run up the deficit subsidizing every conceivable cause (and foreign country) is ALSO the party that seems to want to protect our individual rights to marry, or have abortions? I personally have a hard time with this, since I feel our government is too big, too intrusive, and fiscally irresponsible, BUT the "conservatives" seem most concerned with imposing what I see as religion-inspired limitations on my freedom.

My attitude toward government is, get out of my bedroom, don't make my personal decisions for me, don't operate at a deficit, don't try to over-regulate my recreation (either drugs or guns, among other things), don't try to tell me what to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
            I personally have a hard time with this, since I feel our government is too big, too intrusive, and fiscally irresponsible, BUT the "conservatives" seem most concerned with imposing what I see as religion-inspired limitations on my freedom.
            First, yes many of us believe that unborn babies should be protected by law. But I have known atheists in the pro-life movement. Second, we don't care what you do in your bedroom, but if you have five or six children out of wedlock and want the tax payers to support you and them - then yes, we will have a problem. Third, I'm generally libertarian with it comes to drug use, but there are some real downsides for society in general.
            Last edited by seer; 04-16-2014, 04:06 PM.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Only ONE BABY!?!?!?!
              Well???? Lets see YOU DO IT?!?!?!?!
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
                Democrats, like Republicans, are split between fiscal issues and social issues. Who is one supposed to vote for, when the party that seems to want to run up the deficit subsidizing every conceivable cause (and foreign country) is ALSO the party that seems to want to protect our individual rights to marry, or have abortions? I personally have a hard time with this, since I feel our government is too big, too intrusive, and fiscally irresponsible, BUT the "conservatives" seem most concerned with imposing what I see as religion-inspired limitations on my freedom.

My attitude toward government is, get out of my bedroom, don't make my personal decisions for me, don't operate at a deficit, don't try to over-regulate my recreation (either drugs or guns, among other things), don't try to tell me what to believe.
                I thought about a couple different responses to this part of your post, but I think I'll just let it speak for itself.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Moldbig covered this a long time ago with a simple and easy-to-remember title: Democrats-Party of Lies.

In my opinion, history will probably prefer to refer to our present governing party as the Pseudo-Democrats. The last actual Democrat in presidential office in the United States was probably Grover Cleveland, although a minority of historians may prefer to designate James Buchanan or even Monroe. It's also worth noting that some Democratic qualities were demonstrated by the Republicans of the "return to normalcy" period, namely Harding and Coolidge.

I refer to the Democrats as our "governing party" because of the simple fact that most people who work in government are Democrats.

This is especially true when you consider all the unofficial arms of the government, that is, the extended civil service, all those who consider themselves to occupy a position of social or otherwise public responsibility.
                  The most prestigious tentacles of the extended civil service are the press and the educational system, and it is arguable that, at least strictly in terms of internal security, these are the most powerful organs of the Polygon.

It is a commonly-held misconception that elected politicians hold any significant power in the current Western system of government. At best they represent figureheads around which power coalesces, and you can follow the power by following the name, as if it were a small and dusty bobber attached to a large and energetic fish. I think it's pretty clear that, in most if not actually all cases, there is an actual person who corresponds to the name, and this person has an actual brain and an actual personality and is not infected or otherwise controlled by any kind of evil alien parasite lifeform. From what I can gather, elected politicians are mostly very nice and thoughtful people, much more pleasant than most of us believe.

It is a mistake to believe, however, that any of them has any particular power. They are mostly intellectual captives of their various handlers, who are smarter than them and who specialize, like computer programmers, in making themselves permanently indispensable to their employers. Any statesman of the 19th century would have sneered at these pathetic puppets and their coteries of blowdried, backbiting, half-educated clowns.

However, there are about as many "Republican" politicians as "Democratic" ones. And at least the Republicans actually are Republicans, that is, Puritan fanatics attracted by the gigantic barbecue of Henry Clay's American System and its latest heir, the New Deal. They are just not quite as bad as the Democrats, except for on a few issues, where they make up for it by being much worse.

This is how the Polygon does its thing. It is balanced in an evil-genius sort of way. No one could possibly have invented such a heinous conspiracy - it's just what happened. It is an adaptive system, an evolutionary triumph of deception. Think of it as a little slug thing in your ear, like in "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan." And remember that as you attempt to extract it, the slug will emit an extremely loud screaming noise. There is no way to avoid this.
                  The catch-all term may well be "Progressive", though I certainly won't shy away from "Communist" if the shoe fits.

Comment