Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

You Would Think That She Killed Somebody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Would Think That She Killed Somebody!

When did traditional gender roles become so controversial? When did it become a sin just to speak of them in a positive light?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...men-and-women/

Actress Kirsten Dunst is taking heat over comments she made in a new interview with Harper’s Bazaar UK about gender roles and romantic relationships, in which she said, “you need a man to be a man and a woman to be a woman.”

“I feel like the feminine has been a little undervalued,” Dunst told the magazine. “We all have to get our own jobs and make our own money, but staying at home, nurturing, being the mother, cooking — it’s a valuable thing my mum created.”

The 31-year-old actress continued: ”And sometimes, you need your knight in shining armour. I’m sorry. You need a man to be a man and a woman to be a woman. That’s why relationships work...”

Dunst’s comments touched off flurry of responses, including from Jezebel writer Erin Gloria Ryan, who called her “kind of dumb.”
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Since Gay Marriage became the new Civil Rights movement?
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Just another liberal response that says "Let's be tolerant ...unless you disagree with my view, then you are a throwback, bigot, racist traitor to your gender"

Stupid feminist harpies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Just another liberal response that says "Let's be tolerant ...unless you disagree with my view, then you are a throwback, bigot, racist traitor to your gender"

Stupid feminist harpies.
        You know the more I look at the left, across the board, the more obvious is their intolerance. And their hypocrisy, demanding for themselves what they won't offer to others.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          You know the more I look at the left, across the board, the more obvious is their intolerance. And their hypocrisy, demanding for themselves what they won't offer to others.
          That's becoming the definition of "liberal".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            That's becoming the definition of "liberal".
            yep. "Tolerate me while I beat you over the head with a bigot stick!"

Comment

I dunno. My friends and I (who all have different view points) Have pretty much the "same ideas" and love being mostly stay at home moms. Only one person I know actually criticizes me for liking stuff that's outside liberalism and I just remind her that I don't have to be like her in order to be happy and she doesn't have to agree with me at all. Most of us have WAHM businesses like direct sales or run in home day cares or are nurses or something. But then again maybe I'm in the minority. Somethings are just more important that non traditional crap.
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

You're just jealous 'cause you're not as enlightened as they are.

Enlightened = Dumber than a rock.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment