Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Media Programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Programming

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Most people don't tune in to local news wanting it to be scripted word for word from out of staters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL1zwMtz_Ho
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Reminds me of August 2000 when George W. Bush selected Dick Cheney to be his running mate. All the media were using the word "Gravitas" to describe what Cheney brought to the team.
      When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
        There have been a whole slew of examples of where a bunch of members of the MSM used exactly the same language to describe something that have been posted on the interwebz in the past year.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          There have been a whole slew of examples of where a bunch of members of the MSM used exactly the same language to describe something that have been posted on the interwebz in the past year.
          There is a difference between people sheeping along voluntarily and somebody higher up mandating local reporters use specific words upon fear of job loss, and you haven't demonstrated the latter was done here.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

There is a difference between people sheeping along voluntarily and somebody higher up mandating local reporters use specific words upon fear of job loss, and you haven't demonstrated the latter was done here.
            Sort of like when CNN told their on-air personalities that they were prohibited from using the word "scandal" when describing any of Bill Clinton's, um, scandals.

Although the one that really caused my jaw to drop was when, trying to demonstrate their total independence from Ted Turner after yet another one of his notoriously offensive outbursts in back in mid June of 2002, CNN anchor Kyra Phillips emphasized that Turner’s views weren’t those of the network immediately after she finished reporting on his remarks. As they were breaking for commercial you could see Turner himself walk out onto the set and hand Phillips a slip of paper. When they returned a contrite Phillips obediently read from the note Turner handed her and apparently told her to read. It was an explanation of and apology for his remarks written by Turner himself. So much for independence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Sort of like when CNN told their on-air personalities that they were prohibited from using the word "scandal" when describing any of Bill Clinton's, um, scandals.

Although the one that really caused my jaw to drop was when, trying to demonstrate their total independence from Ted Turner after yet another one of his notoriously offensive outbursts in back in mid June of 2002, CNN anchor Kyra Phillips emphasized that Turner’s views weren’t those of the network immediately after she finished reporting on his remarks. As they were breaking for commercial you could see Turner himself walk out onto the set and hand Phillips a slip of paper. When they returned a contrite Phillips obediently read from the note Turner handed her and apparently told her to read. It was an explanation of and apology for his remarks written by Turner himself. So much for independence.
              My original point in the thread related to the independence of local news outlets, none of which are sponsored by CNN.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

But I think we have demonstrated that many local stations subscribe to "news" services where they get a bunch of their content - we've posted a number of videos were bunches of TV "news anchors" were telling the same story, with the same 'spontaneous" comments, etc...
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You mean like when Sinclair Broadcast Group made dozens of anchors give the same speech to their combined millions of viewers including a warning about fake news. How’s that for “fake news”?
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment