Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

This Is Bad Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is Bad Why?

You go mom!

A Phoenix, Arizona, mother was arrested after police say she used a taser on her 18-year-old son to get him out of bed for church on Easter. Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office

http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-wo...60354.html#fmp
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Wow, parenting fail.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Wow, parenting fail.
      It depends how you look at it!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Wow, parenting fail.
        Sounds like the failing started long ago:

Dobbins appeared in court on Monday and told the judge that she has two children who are on probation, including the 16-year-old who was allegedly tased, CBS 5 reports.

“He has an ankle bracelet on,” Dobbins told the judge. “He’s under my custody and everything.”

Dobbins, who was ordered not to have contact with the child, told the judge she would find somewhere else for the child to live. She was released from jail following her court appearance.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-wo...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Sounds like the failing started long ago:

Dobbins appeared in court on Monday and told the judge that she has two children who are on probation, including the 16-year-old who was allegedly tased, CBS 5 reports.

“He has an ankle bracelet on,” Dobbins told the judge. “He’s under my custody and everything.”

Dobbins, who was ordered not to have contact with the child, told the judge she would find somewhere else for the child to live. She was released from jail following her court appearance.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-wo...#storylink=cpy
          Yep.

Seer, if you have to force your child to go to church on the most important Sunday of the year, you've failed to pass on your faith. You might "win" now, but are exceedingly likely to have lost in the long term, which is far more important.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yep.

Seer, if you have to force your child to go to church on the most important Sunday of the year, you've failed to pass on your faith. You might "win" now, but are exceedingly likely to have lost in the long term, which is far more important.
            Well maybe, but a little spark may not be so bad. And I take it that this is a single mother probably raising her kids in a tough neighborhood. I actually don't hold it against her...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Well maybe, but a little spark may not be so bad. And I take it that this is a single mother probably raising her kids in a tough neighborhood. I actually don't hold it against her...
              You’re an idiot, seer.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                You’re an idiot, seer.
                Did I trigger you whag?

Comment

Did I trigger you whag?
                  No, but you disturbed me. Maybe if God tased you rather than sent you that miraculous sign, you’d be spending your time more wisely. This is truly an idiotic thread.

Comment

No, but you disturbed me. Maybe if God tased you rather than sent you that miraculous sign, you’d be spending your time more wisely. This is truly an idiotic thread.
                    Then why are you responding?

Comment

Then why are you responding?
                      Because I’ve seen one too many of these lately and wanted to remind you you’re wasting your “gift.”

Heck, if God sent me a visual sign like you supposedly received, I certainly wouldn’t be wasting my time here starting inane threads constantly. That’s probably why I didn’t believe you and still don’t.

Comment

Oh, and to answer your question, you know why it’s bad to tase someone while he’s sleeping. How would you like it?

Comment

Oh, and to answer your question, you know why it’s bad to tase someone while he’s sleeping. How would you like it?
                          I didn't like eating peas either, but my mother made me do it, she also spanked me with a wooden paddle. I bet this single mom is having a hard time raising these boys alone. She doesn't want them to end up dead in the "hood."

Comment

An 18 year old does have the right to decide whether or not to attend church. (Granted, an 18 year old doesn't have to be allowed to live at home either, but that's neither here nor there.)
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I didn't like eating peas either, but my mother made me do it, she also spanked me with a wooden paddle. I bet this single mom is having a hard time raising these boys alone. She doesn't want them to end up dead in the "hood."
                              Plenty of young men whose mothers beat the snot out of them have died in the ‘hood. Tasing them awake is a form of abuse. Its a safe bet it doesn’t foster enthusiasm for Sunday service, either, just hatred and resentment.

My mom made me eat certain foods I can’t stand to this day. She also beat me with a wooden spoon. She regretted doing both when more creative means would have had a more positive effect. You should be ashamed to compare tasing to those. What are you even thinking?

Comment