Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sinclair Promos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinclair Promos

This just came across my news feed, and it is pretty disturbing - especially given that Sinclair owns an enormous swath of local news media - which is where most viewers get their news. And those media cut across the affiliates: CBS, NBC, ABC, etc.

I would imagine that those on the right see it as nothing more than "righting the scales," but it goes well beyond that, IMO.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Most people don't tune in to local news wanting it to be scripted word for word from out of staters.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      This just came across my news feed, and it is pretty disturbing - especially given that Sinclair owns an enormous swath of local news media - which is where most viewers get their news. And those media cut across the affiliates: CBS, NBC, ABC, etc.

I would imagine that those on the right see it as nothing more than "righting the scales," but it goes well beyond that, IMO.
      I would imagine that those on the right see it as fake news.

Comment

The Sinclair script railing against "false news" and "fake stories" is in itself fake news. It’s pro-Trump propaganda worthy of Fox. Employees at Sinclair-owned stations were told they would lose their job if they don't toe the line and read it out.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          The Sinclair script railing against "false news" and "fake stories" is in itself fake news. It’s pro-Trump propaganda worthy of Fox. Employees at Sinclair-owned stations were told they would lose their job if they don't toe the line and read it out.
          And if Sinclair wins their bid to merge with Tribune Media - they will apparently be in 72% of American households. Given the current climate - I expect that to happen. Trump is already defending them. This is what I meant by an earlier post in which I said the right is well past the age of "poor me, we have no voice."
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

But we have been telling you all along how biased the MSM is. You only care if the bias is from the right?

Where was your outrage against the MSM when it was ignoring news that favored Trump or made the democrats look bad and pretty much making up controversies against Trump?

Comment

He's taking over now I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                But we have been telling you all along how biased the MSM is. You only care if the bias is from the right?
                I have noted, several times, that the MSM has a left-of-center tilt. I have disagreed that it is a blatant or extreme as the right claims it to be. What is happening with Sinclair (assuming the merger is approved) shows a likelihood of adding to the already existing bulk of media that tilts right almost 72% of the MSM. And the tilt is not just "slightly to the right;" it's an extreme tilt.

Where was your outrage against the MSM when it was ignoring news that favored Trump or made the democrats look bad and pretty much making up controversies against Trump?
                As I noted, this perspective is not one I have ever agreed with. Trump dominated the news cycles almost from the moment he joined the fray. Pretty much everything he did was center stage. There have been a handful of errors (which were retracted, corrected, and sometimes people were fired). On the other hand, when errors occur in Fox or Brietbart, they are often completely ignored, not apologized for, and not retracted.

As for "made up controversies," I have no idea what you are referring to.

Comment

Having a left-center tilt, as carpe puts it, is not the same thing as propaganda. The only Ideology that has had their own propaganda media is the conservatives, and now with Sinclair News they are expanding that to 72% of the country.

Comment

I have noted, several times, that the MSM has a left-of-center tilt. I have disagreed that it is a blatant or extreme as the right claims it to be. What is happening with Sinclair (assuming the merger is approved) shows a likelihood of adding to the already existing bulk of media that tilts right almost 72% of the MSM. And the tilt is not just "slightly to the right;" it's an extreme tilt.

As I noted, this perspective is not one I have ever agreed with. Trump dominated the news cycles almost from the moment he joined the fray. Pretty much everything he did was center stage. There have been a handful of errors (which were retracted, corrected, and sometimes people were fired). On the other hand, when errors occur in Fox or Brietbart, they are often completely ignored, not apologized for, and not retracted.

As for "made up controversies," I have no idea what you are referring to.
                    Just this past week we have had a manufactured outrage against Trump being supposedly racist because the Whitehouse interns are mostly white. The MSM just manufactures controversies out of thin air sometimes. The Russian scandal is still going on while they ignore Hillary and Uranium One or the fact that her campaign hired the company behind the Steele Dossier, and nobody mentions her server any more. She got away with security leaks that would have landed any lesser person 20 years in prison. The MSM ignores all that. But they will talk about how Trump gets two scoops of ice cream while his guests get one.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Having a left-center tilt, as carpe puts it, is not the same thing as propaganda. The only Ideology that has had their own propaganda media is the conservatives, and now with Sinclair News they are expanding that to 72% of the country.
                      Dude, you are the biggest democratic flunky I have ever seen. You are the flip side of the same coin as Demi-conservative. A complete liberal puppet. You talking about bias is like Hitler talking about racial equality.

Comment

Just this past week we have had a manufactured outrage against Trump being supposedly racist because the Whitehouse interns are mostly white.
                        Trump is racist - that has been well established. And now we have an almost exclusively white intern class, which aligns with that racism. It's not manufactured - it reflects that what is happening in our government flows from the top.

The MSM just manufactures controversies out of thin air sometimes. The Russian scandal is still going on while they ignore Hillary and Uranium One or the fact that her campaign hired the company behind the Steele Dossier, and nobody mentions her server any more. She got away with security leaks that would have landed any lesser person 20 years in prison. The MSM ignores all that. But they will talk about how Trump gets two scoops of ice cream while his guests get one.
                        Oh please, Sparko. The "Russian Scandal" is (or was) being investigated by Republicans in Congress, and by a Republican special counsel appointed by a Republican DOJ employee headed by a Republican SOS appointed by a Republican president. In the course of the investigation, and based on the digging by investigative reporters, we've seen link after link between the Trump campaign and Russia, and time after time we've had previously undisclosed meetings surface, and repeated re-adjustments to security clearing applications. I know many on the right like to wave each and every one away as "these are not your droids, move along," but the perspective that there is "nothing there" has already been shown to be false, IMO. What we don't know (yet) is if what is there rises to the level of illegal. That is the reason Mueller was hired.

Uranium One has been investigated, and even a Fox News Anchor called it a "nothing burger." When you look at the details, it's rather easy to see why. The Steele Dossier started as a Republican opposition research piece that was picked up by the Democrats. It is regularly called "unverified," but that is not true. It contains aspects that have not been verified (e.g., the peeing incident) and there are aspects that have been verified (e.g., the Page meetings). The server was investigated six ways to Sunday, and the investigations, once concluded, showed sloppy practices, but no illegality. I've looked into the various reports and what I read smacks of a group of people who did not understand what they did not understand about technology and maintaining secure systems.

For a group of people constantly telling the left that "they can't let go of the 2016 election," the inability of the right to let Ms. Clinton slide into history is amazing to me.

Comment

Dude, you are the biggest democratic flunky I have ever seen. You are the flip side of the same coin as Demi-conservative. A complete liberal puppet. You talking about bias is like Hitler talking about racial equality.
                          Yeah, except your poor reading comprehension skills are showing again. I wasn't talking about bias, I was talking about propaganda, you know, lies, which are now not only coming from our President, but supported by an ever expanding, conservative, corporate run media, that some are now calling Trump news. Elections have consequences!

Comment

Trump is racist - that has been well established. And now we have an almost exclusively white intern class, which aligns with that racism. It's not manufactured - it reflects that what is happening in our government flows from the top.
                            It does no such thing. Do you know if Trump has anything to do with which interns are picked? Do you know how many blacks even applied to become an intern? Most blacks are democrats and would not even want to be an intern in Trump's administration. Did you ever think about that? Of course not. You just automagically assume the worst, that Trump is a racist.

This is exactly what I was talking about in my initial comment. You only seem to be worried about media bias when it supports Trump not when it denigrates him.

Oh please, Sparko. The "Russian Scandal" is (or was) being investigated by Republicans in Congress, and by a Republican special counsel appointed by a Republican DOJ employee headed by a Republican SOS appointed by a Republican president. In the course of the investigation, and based on the digging by investigative reporters, we've seen link after link between the Trump campaign and Russia, and time after time we've had previously undisclosed meetings surface, and repeated re-adjustments to security clearing applications. I know many on the right like to wave each and every one away as "these are not your droids, move along," but the perspective that there is "nothing there" has already been shown to be false, IMO. What we don't know (yet) is if what is there rises to the level of illegal. That is the reason Mueller was hired.

Uranium One has been investigated, and even a Fox News Anchor called it a "nothing burger." When you look at the details, it's rather easy to see why. The Steele Dossier started as a Republican opposition research piece that was picked up by the Democrats. It is regularly called "unverified," but that is not true. It contains aspects that have not been verified (e.g., the peeing incident) and there are aspects that have been verified (e.g., the Page meetings). The server was investigated six ways to Sunday, and the investigations, once concluded, showed sloppy practices, but no illegality. I've looked into the various reports and what I read smacks of a group of people who did not understand what they did not understand about technology and maintaining secure systems.

For a group of people constantly telling the left that "they can't let go of the 2016 election," the inability of the right to let Ms. Clinton slide into history is amazing to me.
                            Thank you for continuing to support my initial comment Mr. "I am center! Not Liberal at all!"

Comment

It does no such thing. Do you know if Trump has anything to do with which interns are picked?
                              I have no doubt that someone else picked them. But the buck stops with the president. As president, were I to see an intern class like that, heads would quickly roll. However, I most likely would not see such a class because my staff would know that I value diversity and want to see it throughout my administration - in all respects.

Do you know how many blacks even applied to become an intern?
                              I do not. That information is not made public. That being said, having been a recruiter many times, I know how to go about widening the pool of applicants if I am not finding a distribution I need/want. I am frankly less concerned about interns, frankly, than I am about high-powered institutions like the cabinet. But it is yet another data point.

Most blacks are democrats and would not even want to be an intern in Trump's administration. Did you ever think about that? Of course not. You just automagically assume the worst, that Trump is a racist.
                              Actually, I do not assume Trump is a racist because of the intern class. I know he is a racist because of his recorded history, and the statements of many who have worked with and around him. And are you really saying that the Republican party does not have enough black, latino, asian, etc. members to diversify a small group of interns?

This is exactly what I was talking about in my initial comment. You only seem to be worried about media bias when it supports Trump not when it denigrates him.
                              I don't need the media to tell me that Trump is a racist. I can determine that myself from his own words.

Thank you for continuing to support my initial comment Mr. "I am center! Not Liberal at all!"
                              Umm...I believe I said I average "left of center." I am further right on some issues, further left on others. I have never claimed to be "not liberal at all." Not sure exactly what initial comment you're referring to...

Comment