Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Evangelicals vs. Christianity - How theological method justifies wrong politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Like demi said elsewhere, it is those 'I am intelligent free-thinker!!!!' godless who swallow most amount of Fake News propaganda. Sad!
    Yep, because they're under the delusion that they're so smart and clever that if they believe it then it must necessarily be true.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Ivy league schools produce some of the least informed people in the world today, but as the late Dallas Willard astutely observed, "We live in a culture that has, for centuries now, cultivated the idea that the skeptical person is always smarter than one who believes. You can be almost as stupid as a cabbage, as long as you doubt. The fashion of the age has identified mental sharpness with a pose, not with genuine intellectual method and character. Only a very hardy individualist or social rebel -- or one desperate for another life -- therefore stands any chance of discovering the substantiality of the spiritual life today. Today it is the skeptics who are the social conformists, though because of powerful intellectual propaganda they continue to enjoy thinking of themselves as wildly individualistic and unbearably bright."
      The "sceptical person is always smarter than one who believes" because they engage in critical thinking...that's what they are taught to do at the Ivy League schools you so sweepingly dismiss as producing the "least informed people in the world". Critical thinking is the ability to think clearly and rationally about what to do or what to believe and includes the ability to engage in reflective and independent thinking.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        The "sceptical person is always smarter than one who believes" because they engage in critical thinking...that's what they are taught to do at the Ivy League schools you so sweepingly dismiss as producing the "least informed people in the world". Critical thinking is the ability to think clearly and rationally about what to do or what to believe and includes the ability to engage in reflective and independent thinking.
        HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! They are taught how to get drunk and high and how to write useless 15 page papers on 17th century African basket making techniques...
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          Cruz was my guy in the primaries. His positions on almost everything were the closest to mine of the whole group. But he comes across as a nerdy weirdo. He reminds me of an adult version of the annoying kid in "Polar Express." He'd have gotten clobbered in the general election, and even if somehow he did manage to win, he would not have achieved as much as Trump has.
          This is me as well.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I liked Cruz until he revealed himself to be an absolute weasel during the primaries, such as falsely announcing that Ben Carson had dropped out of the race, and trying to cut backroom deals to steal delegates from Trump. As for how he would have fared against Hillary, I think his debate style would have been perceived as too "high brow" for the average voter, and he would have stumbled against Hillary's "Aw, shucks" routine.

I also liked Rand Paul, but he basically disappeared before the primaries even got under way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! They are taught how to get drunk and high and how to write useless 15 page papers on 17th century African basket making techniques...
              You consider this mindless prejudice against the value of education and the skills of critical thinking to be an example of the ability to think clearly and rationally do you?
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                This is me as well.
                Out of the early candidates I was hoping for Ben Carson.

Comment

You consider this mindless prejudice against the value of education and the skills of critical thinking to be an example of the ability to think clearly and rationally do you?
                  Seeing what is being produced from higher education these days, yes. Critical thinking is not being taught.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    I was pretty much for whoever was left that wasn't Trump.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

He certainly seemed like the most humble and honorable of the bunch; unfortunately, his integrity would have made him easy pickings for Hillary who would have used every dirty trick in the book to destroy him during the general election.

Comment

Ben was my man, he was a real outsider. But I never saw him with a real chance.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I’m sure Ben would be more than happy to reward your loyalty with dinner in his office at the Dept of Housing and Urban Development at his $31,000 customised hardwood dining room table, chairs and sideboard, which you helped pay for.

Comment

I’m sure Ben would be more than happy to reward your loyalty with dinner in his office at the Dept of Housing and Urban Development at his $31,000 customised hardwood dining room table, chairs and sideboard, which you helped pay for.
                            Quit whining, foreigner.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Kind of pales next to McCabe's $70,000 one.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                                Kind of pales next to McCabe's $70,000 one.
                                It does seem a lot, but at least it was a conference table, i.e. for the exercise of business, as opposed to Ben's dining table for social occasions in his private office.

Comment