Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Now A Census Question Is Evil...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now A Census Question Is Evil...

What are the Dems afraid of?

The White House on Tuesday defended its decision to include a citizenship question on the 2020 census, a shift that has drawn sharp criticism and lawsuits from Democrats.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...tion-on-census
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

It's not as if the question is unprecedented:

Source: Jordan Candler

[T]he question has significant precedence. Ross also noted in his letter that “prior decennial census surveys of the entire United States population consistently asked citizenship questions up until 1950, and Census Bureau surveys of sample populations continue to ask citizenship questions to this day.” He elucidated: “In 2000, the decennial census ‘long form’ survey, which was distributed to one in six people in the U.S., included a question on citizenship. Following the 2000 decennial census, the ‘long form’ sample was replaced by the American Community Survey (‘ACS’), which has included a citizenship question since 2005. Therefore, the citizenship question has been well tested.” And not exactly unprecedented.

© Copyright Original Source

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I just don't see what the big deal is, they ask about race and gender if I remember correctly.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

seems like people will just lie on it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          What are the Dems afraid of?
          My position is not held on the basis of fear. A question on citizenship will likely result in many who are here illegally simply avoiding the census. Given that many have children who are legal citizens, the result will be undercounting of our population. Since we make plans and projections for future costs of X, Y, and X on the basis (in part) of population and population distribution, that absence will reduce the resources for any given activity (e.g., law enforcement, etc.), and make other things look worse than they might otherwise be (e.g., future income as a predictor of social security stability).

Some basic history on the question and the census can be found here.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
            My position is not held on the basis of fear. A question on citizenship will likely result in many who are here illegally simply avoiding the census. Given that many have children who are legal citizens, the result will be undercounting of our population. Since we make plans and projections for future costs of X, Y, and X on the basis (in part) of population and population distribution, that absence will reduce the resources for any given activity (e.g., law enforcement, etc.), and make other things look worse than they might otherwise be (e.g., future income as a predictor of social security stability).

Some basic history on the question and the census can be found here.
            expel the illegals. problem solved.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

OK, but resources should not be allocated for illegals. They shouldn't be here.

Comment

OK, but resources should not be allocated for illegals. They shouldn't be here.
                Their children often are not illegal. They are the ones being under-counted.

And undercounting the parents, even if illegal, undercounts the contribution those adults make to taxes and the general workforce, making things like the social security system look more precarious than it might otherwise be.
                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Their children often are not illegal. They are the ones being under-counted.
                  how are they not illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    how are they not illegal?
                    Anyone born on American soil is an American citizen, regardless of the citizenship status of their parents. Anyone born to an American citizen is an American citizen, regardless of where they are born.

Comment

Anyone born on American soil is an American citizen, regardless of the citizenship status of their parents. Anyone born to an American citizen is an American citizen, regardless of where they are born.
                      They need to fix that so that the parents have to be living in the USA legally.

Comment

Yes, the whole "anchor baby" thing has been a fiasco.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Yes, the whole "anchor baby" thing has been a fiasco.
                          What about getting more representation in congress due to higher population numbers because of illegals? That is not fair...

Comment

Why? It's been that way for 250+ years. How can you justify picking and choosing from what the FF's apparently wanted? After all, that is the sine qua non, right?

Comment

What about getting more representation in congress due to higher population numbers because of illegals? That is not fair...
                              When my children use the phrase, "that is not fair," I usually remind them no one guaranteed them life would be fair, usually followed by a "stop whining." I've been tempted to send Trump a postcard.

Comment