Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

McCain's response to Trump congratulating Putin for his fraudulent reelection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Trump was the marginally better of two extremely flawed candidates.
    You still have failed to explain why the deplorable Republicans endorsed a deplorable tRrump.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      You still have failed to explain why the deplorable Republicans endorsed a deplorable tRrump.
      I know, they seem to forget that Trump won the nomination of the republican party, but nobody in the republican party seems to have voted for his nomination. .

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        There's no comparison, Trump is a disaster. You've been too influenced by social media input from the Bannon/Mercer Cambridge Analytica and the St Petersburg Troll Factory.
        Yeahhhhhh....

I picked the one that was marginally less corrupt and doesn't see public service as nothing more than an opportunity to enrich herself.

I picked the one who's policies, that while I don't always agree with, weren't going to be a continuation and expansion of those put in place by the previous Administration which seemed designed to send us into ruin.

I picked the one who I hoped would fill the SCOTUS with folks who at the very least see the Constitution as something more than an impediment to be ignored.

As for social media... the absolutely only reason I even have a Facebook account was to stay in touch with the other members and staff of Tweb when it crashed a few years ago and was down for a couple of months.

Fail better next time.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          They, along with much of the country, were looking for an outsider[1]. Someone who wasn't part of the Washington apparatus. Someone who didn't cower in fear when the establishment attacked them for not towing the politically correct line. Someone who wouldn't go on an apology tour, bowing and scraping before the leaders of other countries.

Unfortunately the one who best fit this description was Trump.

Personally, I favored virtually anyone and everyone who was still standing other than Trump, but Trump became the only alternative to Hillary.

1. Which largely explained why Sanders did so well in spite of the fix being literally in for Hillary.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            I think you mean that Trump was marginally better than the worst of five flawed candidates.
            In the real world there were only two people who could garner enough votes to have been elected. Trump and Hillary. Which is why I said "Trump was the marginally better of two extremely flawed candidates."

Comment

In the real world there were only two people who could garner enough votes to have been elected. Trump and Hillary. Which is why I said "Trump was the marginally better of two extremely flawed candidates."
              The irony is that it was the media in coordination with the Hillary campaign who helped propel Trump to "frontrunner" status under the disastrously mistaken assumption that Hillary would make short work of Trump on the campaign trail.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                The irony is that it was the media in coordination with the Hillary campaign who helped propel Trump to "frontrunner" status under the disastrously mistaken assumption that Hillary would make short work of Trump on the campaign trail.
                Yup. They gave all the coverage to Trump while essentially ignoring the other candidates running for the G.O.P. nomination. Moreover, they virtually never said anything critical -- right up to the point that it started looking like he'd win.

Comment

There's no comparison, Trump is a disaster.
                  I take it you haven't been paying attention to Hillary lately. She's a disasterer.
                  You've been too influenced by social media input from the Bannon/Mercer Cambridge Analytica and the St Petersburg Troll Factory.
                  I'm not even on facecrack. I don't read Breitbart. My preferred news source is hardly a fervid Trump supporter - example from their latest humor collection:
                  cac026e509e081011242c6c5874afdded22c1ebcf93c8e53fc77345cfff6fce3.jpg

I'm confident you won't let contrary evidence sway your opinion, however.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

I'm confident you won't let contrary evidence sway your opinion, however.
                    Can't let the facts get in the way of his beliefs.

Comment

Yeahhhhhh....

I picked the one that was marginally less corrupt and doesn't see public service as nothing more than an opportunity to enrich herself.
                      Well you picked the wrong one. “Political groups and special interest groups held events at properties owned by President Donald Trump more than 40 times since his inauguration, spending an unprecedented $1.2 million at his properties”.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-proper...pending-786016

I picked the one who's policies, that while I don't always agree with, weren't going to be a continuation and expansion of those put in place by the previous Administration which seemed designed to send us into ruin.
                      Again you picked the wrong on. It was Obama who saved the US from the economic ruin of the Great Bush Recession and it is Trump taking undeserved credit for the ongoing economic buoyancy of the Obama years. It won’t last long once the Trade War begin.

I picked the one who I hoped would fill the SCOTUS with folks who at the very least see the Constitution as something more than an impediment to be ignored.
                      You mean that you overlooked the gross immorally of a sexual predator and pathological liar so as to get a SCOTUS justice who will impose the minority views of Evangelicals re abortion and LGBT’s upon the rest of the population.

As for social media... the absolutely only reason I even have a Facebook account was to stay in touch with the other members and staff of Tweb when it crashed a few years ago and was down for a couple of months.
                      Why you joined Facebook is beside the point. Over 50 million Facebook profiles were harvested by Cambridge Analytica and a highly active program was instigated promoting Trump and denigrating Hillary and the same was done by the St Petersburg Troll factory. There was profound meddling by Cambridge Analytica under the auspices of Trump's friend Steve Bannon as well as by the Russians.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

It was Obama who saved the US from the economic ruin of the Great Bush Recession

That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          LOL. It was Obama that bailed out all of the banks and rich people who caused the recession.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            LOL. It was Obama that bailed out all of the banks and rich people who caused the recession.
                            Ah actually the bailout of the banks was Bush's doing, not Obama's. Obama hadn't even taken office yet. So, after eight years of Bush, we have an economic collapse destroying much of the middle class, and then we have the Bush Administration bail out the banks, the very people that caused the collapse. And then we have republican constituents who are to dumb to realize that it was the very people they put into office that stabbed them in the back by blowing up the economy and then bailing out their co-conspirators, the banks they deregulated, after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Ah actually the bailout of the banks was Bush's doing, not Obama's. Obama hadn't even taken office yet. So, after eight years of Bush, we have an economic collapse destroying much of the middle class, and then we have the Bush Administration bail out the banks, the very people that caused the collapse. And then we have republican constituents who are to dumb to realize that it was the very people they put into office that stabbed them in the back by blowing up the economy and then bailing out their co-conspirators, the banks they deregulated, after the fact.
                              Bush started it, Obama went right along with it and implemented it.

Even before taking office in January 2009, Obama had signed on to the previous Bush administration's drastic, but politically unpopular, plan to directly infuse up to $700 billion in taxpayer-backed loans into the U.S. banking industry.
                              http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...09-column.html

The $8 trillion bailout
                              Many details of Obama's rescue plan remain uncertain. But it's likely to cost at least $700 billion - and that would push Uncle Sam's bailouts near $8 trillion.
                              http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/06/news...mulus_fits_in/

Comment

From CBS, 2009:

Acting at Barack Obama's behest, President George W. Bush on Monday asked Congress for the final $350 billion in the financial bailout fund, effectively ceding economic reins to the president-elect in an extraordinary display of transition teamwork.

Obama also sharply criticized Bush's handling of the money and promised radical changes.

Bush's move sets the stage for Obama to get swift access to the $350 billion and the opportunity to overhaul the much-criticized rescue package after taking office next Tuesday. Obama said that it would be "irresponsible ... to enter into the administration without any potential ammunition should there be some sort of emergency or weakening of the financial system."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bush-ag...ilout-request/
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment