Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

McCain's response to Trump congratulating Putin for his fraudulent reelection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCain's response to Trump congratulating Putin for his fraudulent reelection.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/20/politics/donald-trump-vladimir-putin/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said Tuesday he congratulated Russian President Vladimir Putin for winning reelection earlier this month, provoking a strong rebuke from GOP Sen. John McCain.

Speaking with reporters in the Oval Office, Trump said that he congratulated Putin -- a figure who has loomed over his administration because of Russia's meddling in the 2016 election -- on winning another term. The result of the election, however, was never in doubt, given Putin's autocratic stranglehold on power.
    Trump's decision to congratulate Putin on his electoral win drew consternation from McCain who said that "an American president does not lead the free world by congratulating dictators on winning sham elections."

International monitors slam Russian election as 'overly controlled'
    "And by doing so with Vladimir Putin, President Trump insulted every Russian citizen who was denied the right to vote in a free and fair election to determine their country's future, including the countless Russian patriots who have risked so much to protest and resist Putin's regime," McCain added.

© Copyright Original Source

Normal for a tRump that cheers and congratulates Dictators, Presidents for life as his preference for world leaders.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Is the "tRump" thing really worth the effort? Seems like it'd be easy get wrong, what with the capitalized letter being the second in the word, rather than the first.

I still prefer "T. Rump."
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      The result of the election, however, was never in doubt, given Putin's autocratic stranglehold on power high levels of popularity in Russia.
      Fixed. It's absurd to call Putin a dictator when he was democratically elected and his favorability is higher than any American president can hope to achieve these days. Putin is president because Russians overwhelmingly support him.

McCain is a traitorous globalist who claims Putin is a dictator because Putin won't bend the knee to McCain's faction.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/20/politics/donald-trump-vladimir-putin/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said Tuesday he congratulated Russian President Vladimir Putin for winning reelection earlier this month, provoking a strong rebuke from GOP Sen. John McCain.

Speaking with reporters in the Oval Office, Trump said that he congratulated Putin -- a figure who has loomed over his administration because of Russia's meddling in the 2016 election -- on winning another term. The result of the election, however, was never in doubt, given Putin's autocratic stranglehold on power.
        Trump's decision to congratulate Putin on his electoral win drew consternation from McCain who said that "an American president does not lead the free world by congratulating dictators on winning sham elections."

International monitors slam Russian election as 'overly controlled'
        "And by doing so with Vladimir Putin, President Trump insulted every Russian citizen who was denied the right to vote in a free and fair election to determine their country's future, including the countless Russian patriots who have risked so much to protest and resist Putin's regime," McCain added.

© Copyright Original Source

Normal for a tRump that cheers and congratulates Dictators, Presidents for life as his preference for world leaders.

Today, I will give you a "Choose your own response" style of reply:

1. McCain is a Rino. Doesn't matter what he says.
        2. CNN McCain
        3. McCain is loser repub. PROGS love. Lost to Obama. SAD!

Did I leave any off?
        "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
        Hear my cry, hear my shout,
        Save me, save me"

Comment

You know it isn't a serious post when someone is telling us what McCain thinks.

Comment

The leaders of Japan, India, Germany, and France also offered congratulations to Putin, as did the president of the European Union. Trump is hardly alone among democratic leaders in offering a congratulations.

Comment

Remember when Obama called Putin to congratulate him in 2012 and liberals were just as outraged? Me neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                Is the "tRump" thing really worth the effort? Seems like it'd be easy get wrong, what with the capitalized letter being the second in the word, rather than the first.

I still prefer "T. Rump."
                Either is appropriate.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Umm whilst we (and I include myself in NZ with that) may not approve of Putin, most countries leaders would happily sell their grandmother (and possibly any excess limbs) to have a public approval rating among voters like Putin's.

Heck, last I looked his nearest valid political rival was polling well below 5%.
                  Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                  1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                    The leaders of Japan, India, Germany, and France also offered congratulations to Putin, as did the president of the European Union. Trump is hardly alone among democratic leaders in offering a congratulations.
                    Yeah, but... TRUMP!!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      Fixed. It's absurd to call Putin a dictator when he was democratically elected and his favorability is higher than any American president can hope to achieve these days. Putin is president because Russians overwhelmingly support him.
                      Yes Putin is a dictator. The Russians have little choice other than Putin seeing as he exiles or otherwise prevents any serious rivals from contesting the election.

McCain is a traitorous globalist who claims Putin is a dictator because Putin won't bend the knee to McCain's faction.
                      McCain is the only decent man left in the party of self-interested sycophants.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                        Yeah, but that's different, because it's Trump!

Or... something...

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                          Remember when Obama called Putin to congratulate him in 2012 and liberals were just as outraged? Me neither.
                          Yeah, but that's different, because it's Obama!

Or... something...

Comment

Obama congratulates Putin for election “win”
                            By Josh Rogin | March 9, 2012, 7:52 PM
                            The Russian people and international observers may not see last Sunday’s presidential election in Russia as legitimate, but President Barack Obama has now officially endorsed the return of Russian past and future President Vladimir Putin.

"President Obama called Russian President-elect and Prime Minister Putin to congratulate him on his recent victory in the Russian Presidential election," the White House said in a late Friday afternoon statement (read: news dump) about the Friday morning phone call between the two leaders.

----

Oopsie. There goes all of your false outrage Shuny.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Obama congratulates Putin for election “win”
                              By Josh Rogin | March 9, 2012, 7:52 PM
                              The Russian people and international observers may not see last Sunday’s presidential election in Russia as legitimate, but President Barack Obama has now officially endorsed the return of Russian past and future President Vladimir Putin.

"President Obama called Russian President-elect and Prime Minister Putin to congratulate him on his recent victory in the Russian Presidential election," the White House said in a late Friday afternoon statement (read: news dump) about the Friday morning phone call between the two leaders.

----

Oopsie. There goes all of your false outrage Shuny.
                              How I'm seeing liberals spin this one: "Putin was a good guy back then, so it was OK!"

Comment