Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

McCain's response to Trump congratulating Putin for his fraudulent reelection.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Bush started it, Obama went right along with it and implemented it.
    That's not what you asserted Sparko, you didn't say that Obama signed on to Bush's policy, you suggested that Obama was not only the cause of the recession, but then that he bailed out those who caused it as well. Eight years of Bush is what caused it, not Obama who hadn't even taken office when the Banks began to fail. As is the usual case, Republicans make a mess of things, democrats have then to come in and clean it up as well as take responsibility for it.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      It was Obama that bailed out all of the banks and rich people who caused the recession.
      "Obama's economic legacy: Big bailouts that worked".

      http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...09-column.html

      It was the banks and white-collar criminals under Bush, who illegally exploited the financial, banking and mortgage-lending system that brought about the recession...people who should be in jail. And now Trump is removing the very regulations put in place by Obama to avoid the same thing happening again.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

      Comment


      • #93
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          "Obama's economic legacy: Big bailouts that worked".

          http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...09-column.html

          It was the banks and white-collar criminals under Bush, who illegally exploited the financial, banking and mortgage-lending system that brought about the recession...people who should be in jail. And now Trump is removing the very regulations put in place by Obama to avoid the same thing happening again.
          Thanks to Bill Clinton and Barney Frank for regulations forcing banks to make loans to people who had no business getting them...
          That's what
          - She

          Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

          I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          Stephen R. Donaldson

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Thanks to Bill Clinton and Barney Frank for regulations forcing banks to make loans to people who had no business getting them...
            To be fair there were also a number of Republicans who were also pushing to make us an "ownership society."

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
              "Obama's economic legacy: Big bailouts that worked".
              If by "worked" you mean that Obama's buddies got rich rich rich from handouts while the American economy stagnated and jobless claims skyrocketed while the labor force participation rate plummeted then, yeah, they "worked" great.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God


              From "Fools Gold" by Petra

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Thanks to Bill Clinton and Barney Frank for regulations forcing banks to make loans to people who had no business getting them...
                Fake news Bill. Loans made by banks subject to the CRA were shown to be only half as likely to default as loans originated by banks not subject to the law, so you can get off that bandwagon.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  If by "worked" you mean that Obama's buddies got rich rich rich from handouts while the American economy stagnated and jobless claims skyrocketed while the labor force participation rate plummeted then, yeah, they "worked" great.
                  The U.S. economy was in free fall, and the jobless claims skyrocketed before Obama even stepped into the White House. Stop being such a doofus!

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    The U.S. economy was in free fall, and the jobless claims skyrocketed before Obama even stepped into the White House. Stop being such a doofus!
                    Spoken like the low-info moron you are.

                    There's a reason Obama is known as "the anti-Reagan".

                    Source: Reaganomics Vs. Obamanomics: Facts And Figures

                    (May 2011) ...while the Reagan recovery averaged 7.1% economic growth over the first seven quarters, the Obama recovery has produced less than half that at 2.8%, with the last quarter at a dismal 1.8%. After seven quarters of the Reagan recovery, unemployment had fallen 3.3 percentage points from its peak to 7.5%, with only 18% unemployed long-term for 27 weeks or more. After seven quarters of the Obama recovery, unemployment has fallen only 1.3 percentage points from its peak, with a postwar record 45% long-term unemployed.

                    Previously the average recession since World War II lasted 10 months, with the longest at 16 months. Yet today, 40 months after the last recession started, unemployment is still 8.8%, with America suffering the longest period of unemployment that high since the Great Depression. Based on the historic precedents America should be enjoying the second year of a roaring economic recovery by now, especially since, historically, the worse the downturn, the stronger the recovery. Yet while in the Reagan recovery the economy soared past the previous GDP peak after six months, in the Obama recovery that didn’t happen for three years. Last year the Census Bureau reported that the total number of Americans in poverty was the highest in the 51 years that Census has been recording the data.

                    Moreover, the Reagan recovery was achieved while taming a historic inflation, for a period that continued for more than 25 years. By contrast, the less-than-half-hearted Obama recovery seems to be recreating inflation, with the latest Producer Price Index data showing double-digit inflation again, and the latest CPI growing already half as much.

                    These are the reasons why economist John Lott has rightly said, “For the last couple of years, President Obama keeps claiming that the recession was the worst economy since the Great Depression. But this is not correct. This is the worst recovery since the Great Depression.”

                    https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterfe...and-figures/2/

                    © Copyright Original Source


                    At what point do you shift the blame from Bush to Obama? After the first-year? Second-year? Surely at the end of Obama's first-term, and most certainly at the end of his second! Yet low-info liberals like you spent 8-years blaming Obama's terrible economy on Bush, and now that the Trump economy is in full swing, low-info liberals are desperate to give the credit to Obama. It's hilarious.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God


                    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Spoken like the low-info moron you are.

                      There's a reason Obama is known as "the anti-Reagan".

                      Source: Reaganomics Vs. Obamanomics: Facts And Figures

                      (May 2011) ...while the Reagan recovery averaged 7.1% economic growth over the first seven quarters, the Obama recovery has produced less than half that at 2.8%, with the last quarter at a dismal 1.8%. After seven quarters of the Reagan recovery, unemployment had fallen 3.3 percentage points from its peak to 7.5%, with only 18% unemployed long-term for 27 weeks or more. After seven quarters of the Obama recovery, unemployment has fallen only 1.3 percentage points from its peak, with a postwar record 45% long-term unemployed.

                      Previously the average recession since World War II lasted 10 months, with the longest at 16 months. Yet today, 40 months after the last recession started, unemployment is still 8.8%, with America suffering the longest period of unemployment that high since the Great Depression. Based on the historic precedents America should be enjoying the second year of a roaring economic recovery by now, especially since, historically, the worse the downturn, the stronger the recovery. Yet while in the Reagan recovery the economy soared past the previous GDP peak after six months, in the Obama recovery that didn’t happen for three years. Last year the Census Bureau reported that the total number of Americans in poverty was the highest in the 51 years that Census has been recording the data.

                      Moreover, the Reagan recovery was achieved while taming a historic inflation, for a period that continued for more than 25 years. By contrast, the less-than-half-hearted Obama recovery seems to be recreating inflation, with the latest Producer Price Index data showing double-digit inflation again, and the latest CPI growing already half as much.

                      These are the reasons why economist John Lott has rightly said, “For the last couple of years, President Obama keeps claiming that the recession was the worst economy since the Great Depression. But this is not correct. This is the worst recovery since the Great Depression.”

                      https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterfe...and-figures/2/

                      © Copyright Original Source


                      At what point do you shift the blame from Bush to Obama? After the first-year? Second-year? Surely at the end of Obama's first-term, and most certainly at the end of his second! Yet low-info liberals like you spent 8-years blaming Obama's terrible economy on Bush, and now that the Trump economy is in full swing, low-info liberals are desperate to give the credit to Obama. It's hilarious.
                      Ah, Obama inherited the worst recession since the great depression doofus, and as is usual for republicans, Trump inherited the recovery. Don't worry, republicans will destroy it again, tax cuts to the rich, the failed trickle down economics of the past an increasing of the debt while doing nothing to improve the nations infrastructure, environment, or address the healthcare system.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        Ah, Obama inherited the worst recession since the great depression...
                        No he didn't. Granted, the economy wasn't great, but it was much better than what liberals were claiming to explain why the Obama economy was in such sorry shape, excuses they were still making even towards the end of Obama's second term in office! Like I said, at what point do you shift the blame from the previous administration to the current one?

                        And if Trump inherited a "recovery", as you claim, then why did it only start recovering after Trump took office and began implementing his "America first" economic policy?

                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God


                        From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Ah, Obama inherited the worst recession since the great depression doofus, and as is usual for republicans, Trump inherited the recovery. Don't worry, republicans will destroy it again, tax cuts to the rich, the failed trickle down economics of the past an increasing of the debt while doing nothing to improve the nations infrastructure, environment, or address the healthcare system.
                          Did that give him an excuse to bail out the banks and the rich people who caused it? Democrats are always saying that the Republicans favor the rich and not the poor while Democrats do the opposite. Well not Obama!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            No he didn't. Granted, the economy wasn't great, but it was much better than what liberals were claiming to explain why the Obama economy was in such sorry shape, excuses they were still making even towards the end of Obama's second term in office! Like I said, at what point do you shift the blame from the previous administration to the current one?

                            And if Trump inherited a "recovery", as you claim, then why did it only start recovering after Trump took office and began implementing his "America first" economic policy?

                            Funny how you think that the economy has turned around big time since Trump took office. Rich people, like Trump, having more money in their bank accounts and the stock market upswing doesn't help the poor rubes that voted for the con man Trump. You probably already forget 2008, how many people lost their jobs, their houses, their savings and what it took to pull us out of that hole. Trump didn't turn that around, Obama did, or at least the turnaround occured throughout his administration, and now you're dumb enough to give Trump credit for it. That's what republicans love about their base constituents, they'll believe anything. Fake news!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              Funny how you think that the economy has turned around big time since Trump took office. Rich people, like Trump, having more money in their bank accounts and the stock market upswing doesn't help the poor rubes that voted for the con man Trump. You probably already forget 2008, how many people lost their jobs, their houses, their savings and what it took to pull us out of that hole. Trump didn't turn that around, Obama did, or at least the turnaround occured throughout his administration, and now you're dumb enough to give Trump credit for it. That's what republicans love about their base constituents, they'll believe anything. Fake news!
                              Those "poor rubes" are benefitting from economic growth that puts Obama's numbers to shame, more money in their paychecks, fewest jobless claims since 1969, and a reinvigorated job market. That's a win/win/win/win.

                              And it all happened on President Trump's watch.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God


                              From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Funny how you think that the economy has turned around big time since Trump took office. Rich people, like Trump, having more money in their bank accounts
                                Like when Obama bailed out the bankers?

                                and the stock market upswing doesn't help the poor rubes that voted for the con man Trump.
                                It sure has helped me! My retirement plan has gone up at least by 1/3 since Trump was elected!

                                You probably already forget 2008, how many people lost their jobs, their houses, their savings and what it took to pull us out of that hole. Trump didn't turn that around, Obama did, or at least the turnaround occured throughout his administration, and now you're dumb enough to give Trump credit for it. That's what republicans love about their base constituents, they'll believe anything. Fake news!
                                The bankers didn't lose their jobs in 2008 or 2009 or ever. Because Obama bailed them out!

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Juvenal, Today, 04:13 AM
                                0 responses
                                4 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Juvenal
                                by Juvenal
                                 
                                Started by shunyadragon, Yesterday, 06:20 PM
                                11 responses
                                52 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                                Started by shunyadragon, Yesterday, 06:10 PM
                                3 responses
                                32 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NorrinRadd  
                                Started by Thoughtful Monk, Yesterday, 11:36 AM
                                14 responses
                                52 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Thoughtful Monk  
                                Started by Charles, Yesterday, 09:40 AM
                                27 responses
                                191 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post LiconaFan97  
                                Working...
                                X