Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

McCain's response to Trump congratulating Putin for his fraudulent reelection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    How I'm seeing liberals spin this one: "Putin was a good guy back then, so it was OK!"
    Pretty much anything Shuny tries to accuse Trump of, all you need to do is google the same thing with Obama's name and voila!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Pretty much anything Shuny tries to accuse Trump of, all you need to do is google the same thing with Obama's name and voila!
      Wrong. For one thing Trump has been kissing Putins behind since his campaign. But the context between 2011 when Obama called Putin 4 days after the the fact, and 2018 when Trump called Putin immediately, are totally different. It was a completely different atmosphere, Putin and Russia hadn't just cyber attacked us, both in our electoral process, and our energy grid, and had not just attacked inhabitants of our allies with chemical weapons.
      Fact is we all know, even the deniers know deep down, that Trump admires Putin and aspires to be the same kind of despot as him which is why he is following in his footsteps in trying to undermine democratic institutions, including the free press, that might stand in his way.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Wrong. For one thing Trump has been kissing Putins behind since his campaign. But the context between 2011 when Obama called Putin 4 days after the the fact, and 2018 when Trump called Putin immediately, are totally different.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          Is the "tRump" thing really worth the effort?
          I like it -- it's a constant reminder what a juvenile goofus Shuny is.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

OK, that has to be a troll. No way Jimmy really believes that.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Nope, no troll MM. Trump is the American Putin, and what is sad, and to me astonishing to see, is that there are so many in this country that are so easily conned by him. What an education in human psychology this whole election and presidency has been. I know it isn't a fact, but he sure makes you all look like a bunch of brainless dupes.

Comment

since he is a low information voter who gets his talking points straight from the democrats i'd believe it.

Comment

Nope, no troll MM. Trump is the American Putin, and what is sad, and to me astonishing to see, is that there are so many in this country that are so easily conned by him. What an education in human psychology this whole election and presidency has been. I know it isn't a fact, but he sure makes you all look like a bunch of brainless dupes.
                  gif_hahahahah.gif
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

dims.gif

Comment

Obama congratulates Putin for election “win”
                      By Josh Rogin | March 9, 2012, 7:52 PM
                      The Russian people and international observers may not see last Sunday’s presidential election in Russia as legitimate, but President Barack Obama has now officially endorsed the return of Russian past and future President Vladimir Putin.

"President Obama called Russian President-elect and Prime Minister Putin to congratulate him on his recent victory in the Russian Presidential election," the White House said in a late Friday afternoon statement (read: news dump) about the Friday morning phone call between the two leaders.

----

Oopsie. There goes all of your false outrage Shuny.
                      This was nothing more than just another round of Fake News.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wrong. For one thing Trump has been kissing Putins behind since his campaign. But the context between 2011 when Obama called Putin 4 days after the the fact, and 2018 when Trump called Putin immediately, are totally different. It was a completely different atmosphere, Putin and Russia hadn't just cyber attacked us, both in our electoral process, and our energy grid, and had not just attacked inhabitants of our allies with chemical weapons.
                        Fact is we all know, even the deniers know deep down, that Trump admires Putin and aspires to be the same kind of despot as him which is why he is following in his footsteps in trying to undermine democratic institutions, including the free press, that might stand in his way.
                        Put the bong down jimmy.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]27029[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]27031[/ATTACH]

OK, you guys reminded me of one of our favorites...

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I hear about people equating President Trump to a dictator. If you think this is happening, what is the basis for you thinking this? How do you even think that an individual, especially one despised by Congress, is going to exert even a mildly strong degree of power over Congress or the government?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]27029[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]27031[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                                I hear about people equating President Trump to a dictator. If you think this is happening, what is the basis for you thinking this? How do you even think that an individual, especially one despised by Congress, is going to exert even a mildly strong degree of power over Congress or the government?
                                It's actually kind of comical. For instance, often those who make this claim will cite Trump's hostility toward the press as an example. And yet all Trump has done is to say in effect that they suck. That's all. And the same people had no problem whatsoever with how Obama used the power of the government to repeatedly go after members of the press who he believed crossed him. Whenever it gets brought up they simply shrug and hand wave it away and go back to pointing out that Trump has called them names.

Comment