Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now a little something for those trying to link McCabe's ouster to Trump...

Source: FACT: McCabe Firing was Recommended by FBI Ethics Office, Based on Nonpartisan IG's Findings

(1) McCabe's firing came as the result of information gleaned by the Justice Department's nonpartisan Inspector General. Michael Horowitz was appointed to that position by President Barack Obama and was confirmed by a Democratic Senate. Not only that, his discovery of McCabe's apparent wrongdoing (unauthorized media leaking, about which McCabe later "lacked candor" with investigators) came in the context of a sprawling IG examination of the FBI's handling of various Clinton-related scandals and investigations in the run-up to the 2016 election. That investigation was demanded by Democrats, who cheered its announcement (McCabe's current lawyer even referred to the probe as "welcome news" in a Washington Post op/ed). Also, when did that soon-to-be-concluded investigation commence? Early January 2017, before Donald Trump took office. To recap: McCabe's fireable misconduct was unearthed by a Democrat-demanded inquiry that was launched during the Obama presidency, led by an Obama-appointed and Democrat-confirmed watchdog.

(2) After the IG discovered what McCabe had done -- remember, the current, respected FBI Director immediately ceased defending McCabe upon seeing the evidence, and placed him on terminal leave -- those facts were relayed to the Bureau's nonpartisan Office of Professional Responsibility. That office is overseen by an official who was originally elevated to her role by...Robert Mueller. It was OPR, which serves as the FBI's internal ethics department, that recommended McCabe lose his job due to his actions. Sessions did not drop the hammer on McCabe out of nowhere; he did so because the ethics office (populated with non-political, career employees) reviewed the independent IG's findings and rendered a verdict that McCabe should be fired. Those are crucially important facts. Relatedly, I'll add that the American people deserve to see the evidence against McCabe, and the entire IG report, as soon as possible; plus, looking into whether the president's obnoxious lobbying had an inappropriate impact on the timing of McCabe's final dismissal is a legitimate line of inquiry, as well.

(3) As part of his pushback, McCabe is arguing that he was not responsible for any unauthorized media leaks -- asserting specifically that the press "interaction" in question was discussed with, and approved by, then-Director Comey. This claim may open up a new can of worms, based on previous sworn testimony by Mr. Comey...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...nding-n2462159

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      And now a little something for those trying to link McCabe's ouster to Trump...

Source: FACT: McCabe Firing was Recommended by FBI Ethics Office, Based on Nonpartisan IG's Findings

(1) McCabe's firing came as the result of information gleaned by the Justice Department's nonpartisan Inspector General. Michael Horowitz was appointed to that position by President Barack Obama and was confirmed by a Democratic Senate. Not only that, his discovery of McCabe's apparent wrongdoing (unauthorized media leaking, about which McCabe later "lacked candor" with investigators) came in the context of a sprawling IG examination of the FBI's handling of various Clinton-related scandals and investigations in the run-up to the 2016 election. That investigation was demanded by Democrats, who cheered its announcement (McCabe's current lawyer even referred to the probe as "welcome news" in a Washington Post op/ed). Also, when did that soon-to-be-concluded investigation commence? Early January 2017, before Donald Trump took office. To recap: McCabe's fireable misconduct was unearthed by a Democrat-demanded inquiry that was launched during the Obama presidency, led by an Obama-appointed and Democrat-confirmed watchdog.

(2) After the IG discovered what McCabe had done -- remember, the current, respected FBI Director immediately ceased defending McCabe upon seeing the evidence, and placed him on terminal leave -- those facts were relayed to the Bureau's nonpartisan Office of Professional Responsibility. That office is overseen by an official who was originally elevated to her role by...Robert Mueller. It was OPR, which serves as the FBI's internal ethics department, that recommended McCabe lose his job due to his actions. Sessions did not drop the hammer on McCabe out of nowhere; he did so because the ethics office (populated with non-political, career employees) reviewed the independent IG's findings and rendered a verdict that McCabe should be fired. Those are crucially important facts. Relatedly, I'll add that the American people deserve to see the evidence against McCabe, and the entire IG report, as soon as possible; plus, looking into whether the president's obnoxious lobbying had an inappropriate impact on the timing of McCabe's final dismissal is a legitimate line of inquiry, as well.

(3) As part of his pushback, McCabe is arguing that he was not responsible for any unauthorized media leaks -- asserting specifically that the press "interaction" in question was discussed with, and approved by, then-Director Comey. This claim may open up a new can of worms, based on previous sworn testimony by Mr. Comey...

I'll wait for the emphasized part to happen before drawing judgment.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

And now a little something for those trying to link McCabe's ouster to Trump...

This part cannot be over-emphasized: To recap: McCabe's fireable misconduct was unearthed by a Democrat-demanded inquiry that was launched during the Obama presidency, led by an Obama-appointed and Democrat-confirmed watchdog.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          This part cannot be over-emphasized: To recap: McCabe's fireable misconduct was unearthed by a Democrat-demanded inquiry that was launched during the Obama presidency, led by an Obama-appointed and Democrat-confirmed watchdog.
          It destroys the liberal narrative that Sessions was being vindictive or acting in a partisan manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
            I do all that myself, especially if it's about a subject likely to embarrass my organization.

And I also prefer face to face meetings with people I care about.

Shoehorning Bill and Loretta into a tarmac conspiracy to end the Hillary email investigation has just as many issues, and more. His staff would have to contact her staff, leaving more breadcrumb records and further expanding the conspiracy, which has already expanded to include Loretta's husband.

More, heads would roll if anyone official hacked the phone of a former president or the attorney general. The difference with Snowden is that he had every reason to believe the planet's foremost communications interceptor was actively engaged, with full legal support, in attempts to hack his phones and the phones of anyone with whom he was likely to be in contact.

That's a big difference.

I assess a planned meeting as unreasonable. A more reasonable suggestion is that he may have sought to influence the proceedings just by his presence. Discussing the grandkids naturally casts Hillary and Loretta as sharing the grandmothering experience, evoking sympathy.

But here's the thing. There was never a real concern that she would be charged. The email issue was a political foil, designed to embarrass. The FBI, appropriately, took the investigation seriously, but without an intent by Hillary or her team to release classified information to unauthorized persons, the wheels could turn all they want, but that truck wouldn't be budging from that ditch.

The conspiracy media can have its field day, but in the end, charges have to go before a judge, and no judge was ever going to try this case.
            Right. 'Planned' may have been a strong word (thought I'd leave that possibility open). Perhaps 'intentional' would have been better. And yes, I know the difference with whom was after Snowden and whatnot. My point is that the NSA didn't have to be after them, the Russians, social activist hacker groups, anyone could try to hack their phones. My point was that it's possible, and these are famous people that are probably targeted by hackers frequently.

As far there never being a real concern that Hillary should be charged...yeah, that's the problem. She probably should have been. And if not her, the staff involved in the cover-up should have. It's insane to me that she can put that stuff on a private server, refuse to turn it over the FBI when requested, and instruct the 3rd party IT company holding her back-up data to delete the backup when the investigations starts...but NO ONE gets charged with obstruction of justice. Seriously? That's a failure of our justice system. I look forward to reading the IG report on the issue when it comes out later this year.
            "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
              Right!

(is there a sarcasm emoji for the sarcastically impaired? )
              For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Of course there is!

Not! We have sarcasm tags for that instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Of course there is!

Not! We have sarcasm tags for that instead.
                I'll have to remember that,

for times when I'm engaged in a meaningful discussion with MM

Now THAT was fun..
                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• You should take everything I say with the utmost seriousness.

And I refuse to use sarcasm tags because it's more fun to keep people guessing.

Comment

You should take everything I say with the utmost seriousness.

And I refuse to use sarcasm tags because it's more fun to keep people guessing.
                    It's not a big guess...

Comment

• Hmmmm!

Source: One Day After Felony DOJ Charges Against FBI Agent for Media Leaks, Andrew McCabe Starts Legal Defense Fund…

Curious timing. One day after the Department of Justice announced felony charges against FBI Agent Terry J. Albury for leaking confidential information to the media, fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe launches a legal defense fund.

Andrew McCabe was fired by Attorney General Jeff Sessions and DAG Rod Rosenstein on the recommendation from the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility. The recommendation followed an Inspector General referral which outlined how deputy McCabe had constructed leaks to the media, and instructed his team (Mike Kortan, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page etc.) to contact media outlets, feeding them information in an effort to shape the stories of financial connections between McCabe’s family and Hillary Clinton.

When confronted by the IG about his involvement leaking stories to the media, Andrew McCabe lied. His initial denial, in the face of overwhelming evidence provided by the cohorts he instructed, prompted the IG referral to the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility. The OPR recommended McCabe’s termination to DAG Rod Rosenstein.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-defense-fund/

Comment

• Source: Congressman: FBI Report Says Andrew McCabe ‘Lied Four Times’ About Media Leaks

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe lied four times, including to James Comey, about his authorization of leaks to the media, according to a Republican lawmaker familiar with an internal FBI report recommending McCabe’s firing.

“He didn’t lie just once; he lied four times,” Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham on Thursday.

“Four times he lied. He lied to James Comey. He lied to the [FBI’s] Office of Professional Responsibility, and he lied twice under oath to the inspector general.”

Jordan, a Republican member of the House Judiciary Committee, told The Daily Caller News Foundation earlier on Thursday the Office of Professional Responsibility report revealed McCabe not only did not tell Comey he authorized leaks to the media, he “affirmatively denied” he did so.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired McCabe on March 16, two days before his retirement, based on a recommendation from FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility. The ethics office determined McCabe gave misleading statements about authorizations he gave to an FBI official to speak with the media.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/29/fb...e-media-leaks/

Comment

• Source: Important CTH Confirmation – Catherine Herridge Confirms Lisa Page Statements Contradicted Andrew McCabe, Ultimately Leading to His Firing…

Fox News Catherine Herridge reports today, per her FBI investigative sources, it was an investigative interview with FBI Attorney Lisa Page, in July 2017, that contradicted FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, and ultimately led to his firing.

That revelation is exactly what we anticipated was the origin to Inspector General Michael Horowitz gaining the text messages between Lisa Page and Peter Strzok. The issue is actually more stunning than presented.

Fox News – Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe was fired last month for committing three violations of the bureau’s ethics code, an investigative source told Fox News on Thursday.

The violations initially were uncovered by the Justice Department’s Office of the Inspector General and confirmed by the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility. They included lack of candor under oath, lack of candor when not under oath, and the improper disclosure of non-public information to the media about the FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

The violations stemmed from McCabe’s response to an October 2016 Wall Street Journal report about sizeable campaign donations from Democrats to McCabe’s wife, Jill, during her campaign for the Virginia State Senate. The investigation found that McCabe instructed FBI lawyer Lisa Page and FBI public affairs chief Michael Kortan to work with the Journal’s reporter to set the record straight.

The source said Page’s statements to investigators were “critical” because they directly contradicted her boss, McCabe.

According to the source, McCabe’s lack of candor about the contact with the Journal reporter led to his firing. The source added that Page’s testimony about the matter contradicted McCabe’s. Then-FBI Director James Comey claimed he never authorized the leak to the Journal.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...to-his-firing/

This strongly suggests that Lisa Page is a cooperating witness, that when her testimony contradicted McCabe's, she gave up the text messages to investigators to prove her side of the story, and this has massive implications for the ongoing investigation into the corruption in Obama's FBI and DOJ.

Comment

• OIG report about McCabe is released, and it is devastating.

Trump in his typically low-key manner said, "DOJ just issued the McCabe report - which is a total disaster. He LIED! LIED! LIED! McCabe was totally controlled by Comey - McCabe is Comey!! No collusion, all made up by this den of thieves and lowlifes!"

Anyway, read the analysis. But the short version is, McCabe is screwed.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...andrew-mccabe/
                            Last edited by Mountain Man; 04-13-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

OIG report about McCabe is released, and it is devastating.

Trump in his typically low-key manner said, "DOJ just issued the McCabe report - which is a total disaster. He LIED! LIED! LIED! McCabe was totally controlled by Comey - McCabe is Comey!! No collusion, all made up by this den of thieves and lowlifes!"

Anyway, read the analysis. But the short version is, McCabe is screwed.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...andrew-mccabe/
                              This time, the report does NOT contain idle speculation and guesswork. Someone would have to raise questions about the integrity of the OIG to question these findings, and I have no reason to raise those questions. It appears that McCabe "lacked candor" (to use the OIG's language) on four occasions, three of which were under oath. Specifically, the instances had to do with revealing that he (or those he authorized) were the sources of the leaks to the media about FBI investigations. FBI policy is to NOT comment on investigations currently underway.

Comment

• Apologies to anyone who is put out by my resurrecting this ancient thread, but this seemed like the appropriate place to put this.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                It's very likely that McCabe broke the law and violated his oath. There are rumors that he will be indicted in the very near future. By denying him his pension, it effectively prevents taxpayers from footing the bill for his legal defense.

And I will admit deriving some satisfaction from seeing the strings of someone's golden parachute get cut for once. It doesn't happen as often as it should in my opinion.
                                Turns out that McCabe was not indicted, and that he will get his pension, including $200,000 in missed pension payments, and his legal fees will be paid by the government.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/14/u...d-pension.html

And I will admit deriving some satisfaction from seeing McCabe get what he deserves.

Comment