Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

In Space no-one can hear you Twitter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Are these barely coherent attempts at insults part of a new schtick, or is this just you?
    You started this game. If you feel you are being insulted so should I. However I think the context clearly shows this is just for the fun of it.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      They could suffer from the same divisiveness that plagues humanity. However I sometimes image the aliens discovered us long ago but really take no interest in talking or connecting with us since they find us, even me, too stupid.
      Well, not you Charles, of course.

But any species sufficiently advanced to travel the immense distances required to get here would be so advanced that they would probably see us as no more interesting than we would find a new species of chimpanzees in Brazil. Certainly of no value to talk with or connect with.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Well, not you Charles, of course.

But any species sufficiently advanced to travel the immense distances required to get here would be so advanced that they would probably see us as no more interesting than we would find a new species of chimpanzees in Brazil. Certainly of no value to talk with or connect with.
        That's kind of how I feel about you and JimL now, which is why I mostly just ignore you two.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          That's kind of how I feel about you and JimL now, which is why I mostly just ignore you two.
          But you don't ignore enough to pass on the chancee for a personal attack but I suppose that is in the spirit of how this stuff particular part of the thread became a joke.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            But you don't ignore enough to pass on the chancee for a personal attack but I suppose that is in the spirit of how this stuff particular part of the thread became a joke.
            I don't take them seriously. If all they do is post nonsense, then all they deserve is scorn. Kinda like the way I treat you most of the time. When you or they say something that merits a serious response, I will give it.

Comment