Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bundy vs federal government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even as long as 20 years ago, we were talking about the Feds having to get permission from a local SHERIFF to take action in a county. The SHERIFF is elected by, and responsible TO the people that live in the county, and there's often a good chance he KNOWS the individual the Feds want to interact with, and can make the situation a lot less lethal.

That's what many of these people were calling for -- the SHERIFF to handle things.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yep, a decade of national fear and hype about terrorism and the pleas for counter terrorism measures, DHS, SPLC, NDAA, domestic drones, NSA surveillance, Constitution totally gone out of the window, I knew it was going to inevitably lead to this...

The standoff in Nevada reached new heights this afternoon as armed federal agents began arresting militia members gathered to protest in support of Cliven Bundy.

In total, 16 protesters taking part in the rally are reportedly in custody and being held without bail on domestic terrorism charges, resisting arrest, creating a public nuisance, and trespassing. County and city officials in the area have not yet released a statement on the arrests or the names of those arrested. Early reports indicate that protesters were verbally and physically abused prior to being arrested. Communications have been difficult and local media outlets are scrambling for more details.

Federal agent Paul Horner, a 14-year veteran of the force, spoke with National Report by phone and had this to say: “Under direct orders from the FBI and the DOJ, on behalf of the BLM, we have infiltrated the crowd with armed undercover agents. The agents are collecting intel and coordinating that information with drones that are also overseeing the disturbance. In addition, we have positively identified approximately 85% of the crowd and are running background checks for previous violations, warrants, etc. License plate numbers of protesters are being collected and entered into the national database as well. These right-wing extremists pose a serious threat to the safety of the operation and we have orders to make arrests and confiscate firearms.”

http://nationalreport.net/multiple-m...tic-terrorism/
      Last edited by seanD; 04-15-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Yep, a decade of national fear and hype about terrorism and the pleas for counter terrorism measures, DHS, SPLC, NDAA, domestic drones, NSA surveillance, Constitution totally gone out of the window, I knew it was going to inevitably lead to this...
        And they left out the WORST part... IRS AUDITS! (I wish I was being facetious, but.... )
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This whole incident reminds me of when Ahab and Jezebel killed a man to steal his land from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Some Dude View Post
            This whole incident reminds me of when Ahab and Jezebel killed a man to steal his land from him.
            The government would not do that unless their other strategies failed.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              The government would not do that unless their other strategies failed.
              The horrible part of that is that they would even consider said strategy as valid and good.

Course, what they are doing is close enough and similar enough that I still think a comparison to Ahab and Jezebel is warranted.

Comment

Obama has no qualms in drone-striking American citizens. He's done it before.

Comment

I think President Ahab works for Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Some Dude View Post
                    The horrible part of that is that they would even consider said strategy as valid and good.

Course, what they are doing is close enough and similar enough that I still think a comparison to Ahab and Jezebel is warranted.
                    I was being sarcastic. I agree that this nation is not the free country I grew up in.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      I was being sarcastic. I agree that this nation is not the free country I grew up in.
                      Yeah!

Comment

John T. Reed has weighed in with what's probably the best overall analysis:

Fox has reported that the ranchers are nuts. BLM owns the land. The rancher needs to pay grazing fees to BLM. He refuses. He battled in court and lost at three levels. End of discussion. From a legal standpoint, his explanations, and those of his supporters, are the incoherent babblings of a bunch of kooks. America is a rule-of-law country. When you lose in the courts and at the ballot box, it’s over....

I have dismissed the gun owners who rumble about using their guns to protect against a tyranical U.S. government as being well described by the line from John Wayne’s movie “True Grit:”

I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

But the one-eyed, NRA-loving, fat men didn’t just talk in Nevada in 2014. They showed up—with their guns and ammunition!

...That is a big deal. That is a fact that journalists other than Fox News need to recognize is at least as important as the facts of the laws and court decisions in this matter.

We have had some recent similar incidents: Ruby Ridge and Waco, and the reaction of one ignoramus, Timothy McVeigh, to those: Oklahoma City.

You can dismiss the dead at Ruby Ridge and Waco as kooks, but that would not make the dead in Oklahoma City any less real.

,,,Then we come to what the other side—Obama—cares about: optics.

To people who care about nothing but all politics all the time, Ruby Ridge was nothing more or less than bad optics. Ditto Waco. It seemed to destroy Attorney General Janet Reno’s reputation in a stroke. And BLM versus Nevada rancher and his numerous, well-armed supporters and their wives and girlfriends and children human shields was looking like it was very close to being more bad optics—maybe the worst of the bunch. Obama does not want bad optics. This is an election year and he is terrified of losing the Senate. Since he is all politics all the time, only the political optics matter to him

So he ordered the BLM, whe were all dressed up like military personnel, which they are not, to put their tails between their legs, along with their German Shepherds and M-4s and tasers and run away from the NRA members.

Talk about optics!

...Kooks and ignoramuses are people, too. The relative few who saw this incident on Fox News heard the verbal analyses of the legal issues by the lawyers—half the on-camera people who work for Fox seem to be lawyers—but they also saw the optics. Ordinary citizens with flags and guns and horses and vehicles and those “we’re not kidding” facial expressions.

A TV newsman once discussed a particular President Reagan TV appearance with one of Reagan’s handlers. After Reagan spoke, some TV newswoman came on screen and analyzed it negatively. The Reagan handler was ecstatic about the segment. How could he be happy considering the way the newswoman ripped Reagan’s speech? He explained that what the viewers saw was all that mattered, and what they saw were a great many American flags in the background and the vigorous, movie-star-handsome president of the U.S. speaking forcefully and with great conviction. The newswoman’s analysis, with neutral background and neutral demeanor and all that professional journalist blandness was as if it never happened.

Thus it was this week in Nevada and on Fox News TV where the lawyers in news rooms droned on about rule of law while men and women on horses with flags and guns rode across the TV screen.

If Obama had let those BLM guys open fire on that crowd, God only knows what political fall-out he would have suffered. But his going the other way, and running away, will likely embolden other, similarly-situated Americans.

The message of the around-the-world street riots of the last decade, including Nevada, is that the big bullies at the top of the federal government, are, like all bullies, cowards who will run away if you stand up to them—even the U.S. federal government. Obama blinked, a very bad idea when men with loaded guns face each other.
                        Also it's been nice seeing Harry Reid (and his son!) being openly and vocally willing to sell out his most interesting Nevada constituents in response, but if you elected a representative but turns out to be a craven careerist who'll sell you out at the first opportunity for favor, well, you have only yourself to blame. When the Restoration comes, be sure to hang these and other traitors first, for they are nothing but trouble in any government or organization. If they've destroyed their voting record, just give them a simple test, like asking for their opinion on marriage.

Comment