Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bundy vs federal government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Yeah, that might be a good idea in light of the fact your armed federal goons will have to deal with armed militias and no longer have the luxury of pushing little old ladies and pregnant women around.
    And when did the Bureau of Land Management and National Park officers get so well armed?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      And when did the Bureau of Land Management and National Park officers get so well armed?
      Perhaps during the same time frame that the Dept. of Education acquired its own SWAT team.

See here.

Comment

Originally posted by John Reece View Post
        Perhaps during the same time frame that the Dept. of Education acquired its own SWAT team.

See here.
        What is going on here?

Update, Mr. Bundy won - the Fed are leaving, he is getting his cattle back and it looks like he will be able to continue to gaze them on the land in question. A victory for freedom!!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nevada-catt...ry?id=23302610
        Last edited by seer; 04-12-2014, 08:06 PM.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          . A victory for freedom!!!!
          For now.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I'm not advocating a revolution. I'm saying I believe a revolution is inevitable based on the circumstances in this country and based on the reactions I've been seeing from the populace not just in this country but the discontent and movements forming in multiple countries around the world about essentially the same issues. I don't exactly know how it will shape and what it will look like when it happens in this country, but I believe it will be a snowball event, and I do think it will be chaotic for the most part. My opinion on whether I think there should be one and how it should occur is irrelevant.
            "Chaos is coming, and I have no idea how to plan for how to mitigate its results" is not a rallying cry. If you truly believe yourself a heir to the legacy of freedom and the land where it received its fullest flower, your call to action is also a call to take power and establish order when that chaos comes. Since I like Mr. Anti-Gnostic, here's a sampling of what the mature version of this call sounds like:

It's easy to lecture teenagers on the Orthodox view of chastity and marriage. It's easy to sign up bastard grandchildren for welfare when your teenagers don't listen. It's much harder to build a community from the ground up that gets horny young people into marriages before they ruin their lives over sex. It's much harder to provide jobs and status to young men and make sure young mothers aren't isolated and alone with a couple of screaming infants.

Christians imagine themselves as speaking the truth to power as St. Paul to Herod Agrippa or, much to be preferred, as advisors and counselors to Herod Agrippa. Merely carving out a space for Christians to be Christian is beneath everybody.
            The "coming inevitable collapse" is not an issue best approached as a disinterested individual, but as how to protect the lands, practices, and institutions which belong to yourselves and your posterity. When you do feel it as your country, as quite a few do, your prescriptions will never linger at the level of merely describing the disease.

Comment

What part of "I'm not advocating revolution" do you not understand?

Comment

What part of "I'm not advocating revolution" do you not understand?
                I understand that hemming and hawing about INEVITABLE REVOLUTIONARY FORCES looks a lot like stealth advocacy to avoid a SWAT team at your door:

Originally posted by seanD OP
                I'm always interested in stories I believe can spark the inevtiable revolution that's going to come to America at some point as it moves further away from the constitution and descends deeper and deeper into a police state. I'm not saying this is definitely one of those situations, just that it has a potential to spark the inevitable because it seems to be getting pretty heated..
                Cut the shenanigans. If you believe in the coming revolution, please feel free to say so on a public forum and accept the consequences personal or professional. I certainly won't hold it against you, nor report you to the NSA or IRS, both of which would be prime targets in my ideal revolution. After all, you might have gathered that I believe in racism just a little bit more strongly than most, eh?

I myself can't really believe in revolutions until they've had time to play themselves out. I do applaud the restoration of local governing order at the expense of the Parasite-on-the-Potomac, but this happened through both a disciplined group of commonly-interested people with both arms and media attention. I expect, though, that the Bureau of Land Management is going to lose a lot of power in Washington circles due to this embarrassment, and their territory assumed by an organization far nastier and much less inclined to respect civil disobedience, such as the EPA.

Given what you know about Greenpeace and other such core left activists, do you think they'll be more understanding, or more ruthless? If unable to slaughter the Hated Rethuglican Other, do you think they'll give up and go home, rather than turning the Eye of Sauron on them and unleashing as many legal injunctions, career mines, and fines on anyone associated with the BLM or the local government? Do you think the Global Warmists will forgive you for deviating from orthodoxy?

If these gentlemen can't educate you, they will educate your children. If they can't educate your children, they will still be around to give your grandchildren a go. They are patient, and they can afford to be patient. After all, they are in power and you are out of it. They can continue indefinitely with minority support, simply because there is no mechanism (short of regime change) by which any majority can displace them. Popularity is not victory. Truth is not victory. Victory is victory. This is the sad and wicked reality of the world.
                Do not celebrate until your enemy is dead or out of power. The BLM were the local errand boys. But the EPA certainly aren't grocery clerks.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                  Cut the shenanigans. If you believe in the coming revolution, please feel free to say so on a public forum and accept the consequences personal or professional.
                  I said it already, dumbass. In fact you quoted it. But what I said is not an endorsement.

Comment

I said it already, dumbass. In fact you quoted it. But what I said is not an endorsement.
                    And Aesop says unto you:

A Trumpeter, being taken prisoner in battle, begged hard for quarter, declaring his innocence, and protesting that he neither had killed nor could kill any man, bearing no arms but his trumpet, which he was obliged to sound at the word of command.

For that reason, replied his enemies, we are determined not to spare you; for though you yourself never fight, yet with that wicked instrument of yours, you blow up animosity among other people, and so become the cause of much bloodshed.

APPLICATION.

The fomenter of mischief is at least as culpable as he who puts it in execution. A man may be guilty of murder who never has handled a sword or pulled a trigger or lifted up his arm with any mischievous weapon. There is a little incendiary called the tongue, which is more venomous than a poisoned arrow, and more killing than a two-edged sword.

The moral of the Fable therefore is this, that if in any civil insurrection the persons taken in arms against the government, deserve to die, much more do they whose devilish tongues or pens gave birth to the sedition and excited the tumult.

The Fable is also equally applicable to those evil counsellors, who excite corrupt or wicked governments to sap and undermine, and then to overturn the just laws and liberties of a whole people...
                    Leftists are mostly philistines in areas outside of their extremely expertise, but rest assured that they recognize this lesson, at least. To talk of armed revolution with the spirit of the inevitability of Christ's Return is a minor sin of idolatry, though extremely forgivable in the current environment, and easily corrected by one such as me.

But to not move from that error to the truth: that those evil counselors in government who did much more than speak to cause this standoff deserve to die for their crimes, well, that's just wrongheaded. If America has taught us anything it's that revolutions are most likely to be successful when led by a man who could have been a king in another context, yet chose not to.

Comment

Here's video of the aftermath. What a lot of people don't know (because the MSM won't report it) is that there was a standoff prior to the feds' retreat. The armed militias marched to where Bundy's cattle were being locked up by the feds. Feds faced down the armed militia, announcing they had orders to shoot if the protesters didn't cease and desist. Protesters ignored the warnings, marched to the cattle, cut the gate and released the cattle back to Bundy BEFORE the feds eventually retreated...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eltjcCTrFIQ

Comment

Militias now stationed at the Bundy ranch after Harry Reid's "it's not over" public proclamation...

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/252446...maged-his-cows

Comment

Harry JUST can't hep hisself.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't know. I'm not even sure who really owns the land (due mostly to my disinterest in actually looking it up). Although, I'm tickled that Bundy has proven that the government can be challenged by armed civilians.

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
                              I don't know. I'm not even sure who really owns the land (due mostly to my disinterest in actually looking it up). Although, I'm tickled that Bundy has proven that the government can be challenged by armed civilians.
                              I think people are really getting tired of the feds showing up dressed like ninjas carrying assault weapons and intimidating people.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Which is why I'm tickled. Even if if they don't necessarily deserve it in this particular instance.

Comment