Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bundy vs federal government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even as long as 20 years ago, we were talking about the Feds having to get permission from a local SHERIFF to take action in a county. The SHERIFF is elected by, and responsible TO the people that live in the county, and there's often a good chance he KNOWS the individual the Feds want to interact with, and can make the situation a lot less lethal.

That's what many of these people were calling for -- the SHERIFF to handle things.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yep, a decade of national fear and hype about terrorism and the pleas for counter terrorism measures, DHS, SPLC, NDAA, domestic drones, NSA surveillance, Constitution totally gone out of the window, I knew it was going to inevitably lead to this...

Last edited by seanD; 04-15-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Yep, a decade of national fear and hype about terrorism and the pleas for counter terrorism measures, DHS, SPLC, NDAA, domestic drones, NSA surveillance, Constitution totally gone out of the window, I knew it was going to inevitably lead to this...
        And they left out the WORST part... IRS AUDITS! (I wish I was being facetious, but.... )
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This whole incident reminds me of when Ahab and Jezebel killed a man to steal his land from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Some Dude View Post
            This whole incident reminds me of when Ahab and Jezebel killed a man to steal his land from him.
            The government would not do that unless their other strategies failed.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              The government would not do that unless their other strategies failed.
              The horrible part of that is that they would even consider said strategy as valid and good.

Course, what they are doing is close enough and similar enough that I still think a comparison to Ahab and Jezebel is warranted.

Comment

Obama has no qualms in drone-striking American citizens. He's done it before.

Comment

I think President Ahab works for Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Some Dude View Post
                    The horrible part of that is that they would even consider said strategy as valid and good.

Course, what they are doing is close enough and similar enough that I still think a comparison to Ahab and Jezebel is warranted.
                    I was being sarcastic. I agree that this nation is not the free country I grew up in.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      I was being sarcastic. I agree that this nation is not the free country I grew up in.
                      Yeah!

Comment

John T. Reed has weighed in with what's probably the best overall analysis:

...That is a big deal. That is a fact that journalists other than Fox News need to recognize is at least as important as the facts of the laws and court decisions in this matter.

We have had some recent similar incidents: Ruby Ridge and Waco, and the reaction of one ignoramus, Timothy McVeigh, to those: Oklahoma City.

You can dismiss the dead at Ruby Ridge and Waco as kooks, but that would not make the dead in Oklahoma City any less real.

,,,Then we come to So he ordered the BLM, whe were all dressed up like military personnel, which they are not, to put their tails between their legs, along with their German Shepherds and M-4s and tasers and run away from the NRA members.

Talk about optics!

...Kooks and ignoramuses are people, too. Obama blinked, a very bad idea when men with loaded guns face each other.
                        Also it's been nice seeing Harry Reid (and his son!) being openly and vocally willing to sell out his most interesting Nevada constituents in response, but if you elected a representative but turns out to be a craven careerist who'll sell you out at the first opportunity for favor, well, you have only yourself to blame. When the Restoration comes, be sure to hang these and other traitors first, for they are nothing but trouble in any government or organization. If they've destroyed their voting record, just give them a simple test, like asking for their opinion on marriage.

Comment