Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sessions to be Fired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sessions to be Fired?

Sessions might be on the way out. Trump has tweeted criticism of his AG more than once, and that was enough to provoke a response from Sessions:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...general-430620

Trump’s criticism of his employees is unprecedented in politics and is in line with his game show personality, but you wonder if he realizes that all his firings amount to him looking incompetent as a judge of character and CEO.

I can't say I'd be sad to see him go. He is not the right person for the job as the nation confronts the opioid crisis, especially with his recent recommendation that patients dealing with chronic pain just take aspirin instead.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

He's too much of a gentleman politician, and that's not who we need as Attorney General right now. (Although he does seem genuinely angry about the previous administration's abuse of power directed at our current President).
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        He's too much of a gentleman politician, and that's not who we need as Attorney General right now. (Although he does seem genuinely angry about the previous administration's abuse of power directed at our current President).
        What’s weird is that employees typically consult with their bosses before making big decisions. Trump’s got it twisted by giving his employee free reign to do what he wants, then complain on Twitter after he discovers it’s the opposite of what he wants.

There’s a surplus of weird practices in Trump’s administration, but that one is making him look particularly bad. And he does it over and over.

Comment

So angry that he recused himself from the Russian collusion investigation, which is just an extension of the establishment's shameless abuse of power.

I liked sessions but border enforcement is about the only thing he's been good for so far. Way too soft otherwise.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            I can't say I'd be sad to see him go. He is not the right person for the job as the nation confronts the opioid crisis, especially with his recent recommendation that patients dealing with chronic pain just take aspirin instead.
            It's not his job to confront the opioid crisis, it's his job to enforce the law.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
              What’s weird is that employees typically consult with their bosses before making big decisions. Trump’s got it twisted by giving his employee free reign to do what he wants, then complain on Twitter after he discovers it’s the opposite of what he wants.

There’s a surplus of weird practices in Trump’s administration, but that one is making him look particularly bad. And he does it over and over.
              I'm not convinced that your interpretation is accurate.

Comment

I'm not convinced that your interpretation is accurate.
                I think on the important matters, AGs meet with the president to explain what they’re doing and get further direction from POTUS. In the case of Trump and Sessions, clearly this didn’t happen on several occasions. It’s weird. Tweeting displeasure in public is even weirder because Trump had his chance to explain what should be done during those meetings.

You know, being president and all.

Comment

I think on the important matters, AGs meet with the president to explain what they’re doing and get further direction from POTUS. In the case of Trump and Sessions, clearly this didn’t happen on several occasions. It’s weird. Tweeting displeasure in public is even weirder because Trump had his chance to explain what should be done during those meetings.

You know, being president and all.
                  Conservative Treehouse reasons that Sessions can't discuss the details of this investigation with Trump because Trump is the victim of the crime being investigated.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ions-responds/

Comment

Which really puts his public rants in a different light. It means he’s literally criticizing a man who’s doing everything he must to do to avoid further trouble.

Your president is less than a stable genius.

Comment

Which really puts his public rants in a different light. It means he’s literally criticizing a man who’s doing everything he must to do to avoid further trouble.

Or it's distraction theater. Trump always yelling at him gives him an aura of independence.

I'm tempted to give Trump the benefit of the doubt in light of the fact that he's clearly a political genius.

Comment

It's his management style.

or lack thereof
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He plays libs like violin, good stuff!!!
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Sessions might be on the way out. Trump has tweeted criticism of his AG more than once, and that was enough to provoke a response from Sessions:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...general-430620

Trump’s criticism of his employees is unprecedented in politics and is in line with his game show personality, but you wonder if he realizes that all his firings amount to him looking incompetent as a judge of character and CEO.
                            Trumps between a rock and a hard place as they say. He needs to get rid of Sessions in order to get rid of Mueller and try to control the investigation with a newly installed Atty Gen., which is his want, but getting rid of Sessions by firing him unjustly, as he did with Comey, would be another act of obstruction which could put impeachment on the table. He wants to do it, he obviously wants to get rid of him, but his Lawyers have most likely been advising him against it.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                              He plays libs like violin, good stuff!!!
                              Yeah, that was obvious in the White House gun meeting yesterday. He's such a dope.

Comment