Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dick’s ends sales of assault-style rifles in stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
    A Republican legislator, and soon-to-be primary opponent to the Lt. Gov. if I'm remembering correctly, speaking to NPR yesterday, claimed it was an opportunistic switch in the face of the fact that the tax break he was whipping half an hour before changing his stance was going nowhere. Can't find a transcript of the show, but there's this, cribbing from AP.
    Sen. Michael Williams, another Republican candidate for governor who had opposed the Delta tax cut before the NRA controversy, praised Cagle's statement, saying his political rival 'is feeling the pressure that we are putting on him.' He applauded Cagle for listening to what he says is the 'vast majority' of Republican senators who now want to quash the proposed jet fuel tax cut."
    Interesting since the local press has been reporting it as if it had been a done deal until Cagle stepped in

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Trying supporting your post with an actual citation, or leave the thread. It would be preferable if the citation came from a source other than "WeHateGuns.org".

Comment

It's a risky game, playing around with major employers tax cuts. Sometimes they end up moving to a friendlier state.
        "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
        Hear my cry, hear my shout,
        Save me, save me"

Comment