Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

SCOTUS Won't Let Trump Kill DACA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCOTUS Won't Let Trump Kill DACA

BREAKING: Supreme Court Refuses To Let Trump Kill DACA.

OK, that's the clickbait and right wing version, let's talk about this but BE NICE!

BREAKING: Supreme Court Refuses To Let Trump Kill DACA. That's Actually A Political Win For Trump. Here's Why.
    On Monday, the Supreme Court announced that it would not intervene to stay the lower court ruling temporarily blocking the implementation of President Trump’s termination of the Obama administration executive amnesty. Renewals of approximately 700,000 deportation waivers for illegal immigrants brought to the United States as children would have ended on March 5. Now, under the continued Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, those waivers will remain available. The Supreme Court did request that the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals “act expeditiously to decide this case.”
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Well they are making it sound like Trump is happy the court intervened so he can say he tried to stop DACA but the court won't let him because he doesn't really want to end DACA.

Well he already said he didn't want to end DACA, he wanted Congress to pass a law so it would be law instead of an executive order, and he wanted his wall.

So this not only doesn't get Trump what he wanted (DACA to be made a Law) it also doesn't get him his wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Well they are making it sound like Trump is happy the court intervened so he can say he tried to stop DACA but the court won't let him because he doesn't really want to end DACA.

Well he already said he didn't want to end DACA, he wanted Congress to pass a law so it would be law instead of an executive order, and he wanted his wall.

So this not only doesn't get Trump what he wanted (DACA to be made a Law) it also doesn't get him his wall.
      Yeah, I don't really see this as a win for Trump.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, I don't really see this as a win for Trump.
        Yeah Trump already made it clear that he didn't want to deport anyone so congress needs to get off their butts and make a law instead of having it just be an illegal executive order.

Comment

Meanwhile, SCOTUS has SPOKUS, and that ain't no HOKUS!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Meanwhile, SCOTUS has SPOKUS, and that ain't no HOKUS!
            No JOKUS?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              No JOKUS?
              Nun

Comment

But the liberals will do a lot of POKUS.
                I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

How come pressure hasn't been put on congress for making a DACA law? Hasn't congress had a year to create something?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    How come pressure hasn't been put on congress for making a DACA law? Hasn't congress had a year to create something?
                    Aren't disputes over that the reason for the brief recent government shutdown?

Comment

The Courts will not allow the POTUS to rescind an illegal order enacted by the previous POTUS, right?

So, post-Constitutional judicial autocracy.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                        One side wants it as part of a larger package while the other doesn't really want it and would prefer to use it as an election issue this year.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          The Courts will not allow the POTUS to rescind an illegal order enacted by the previous POTUS, right?

So, post-Constitutional judicial autocracy.
                          Or, you know, checks and balances working the way the founders intended.
                          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                          Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                            Or, you know, checks and balances working the way the founders intended.
                            you can't seriously claim a president isn't allowed to rescind an executive order, or that the courts blocking it is anything short of gross abuse of power
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              you can't seriously claim a president isn't allowed to rescind an executive order, or that the courts blocking it is anything short of gross abuse of power
                              I'm not seriously claiming that. The courts are. There are other ways to work through and around courts.

The U.S. Constitution: Divinely Inspired--expect when it's not!
                              "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                              Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                              Save me, save me"

Comment