Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Du Pont heir avoids jail for raping his 3 year old daughter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Du Pont heir avoids jail for raping his 3 year old daughter.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/du-pont-hei...ughter-1442727

Source: International Business Times

A multimillionaire who pleaded guity to raping his three-year-old daughter has been spared jail after a judge in Delaware ruled he would "not fare well" in prison.

Robert H Richards IV, heir to the du Pont chemical business, was given eight years' probation and ordered to seek treatment after he admitted to raping his three-year-old daughter in 2009.

© Copyright Original Source

Ummm no! he should have been tossed into the meanest nastiest jail the judge could find and given the maximum non-parole period allowed.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Sick!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Affluenza pt. 2
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Not fare well in prison... isn't that the point!!!

Comment

You would think the authorities would want to see a man like that get himself beat up in jail.

Comment

It wouldn't shock me to find out money was being passed under the table.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              It wouldn't shock me to find out money was being passed under the table.
              It would amaze me if money or other favors were not involved.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Sad to say, I think KG and Jed are right. It is pretty sickening how rich people are able to avoid jail time.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  Sad to say, I think KG and Jed are right. It is pretty sickening how rich people are able to avoid jail time.
                  If they don't repent.... Who wants to get chewed out by the Creator of the universe?

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/du-pont-hei...ughter-1442727

Source: International Business Times

A multimillionaire who pleaded guity to raping his three-year-old daughter has been spared jail after a judge in Delaware ruled he would "not fare well" in prison.

Robert H Richards IV, heir to the du Pont chemical business, was given eight years' probation and ordered to seek treatment after he admitted to raping his three-year-old daughter in 2009.

© Copyright Original Source

Ummm no! he should have been tossed into the meanest nastiest jail the judge could find and given the maximum non-parole period allowed.
                    There are a ton of ways this could have been handled better even if it were granted that not faring well in prison were a legitimate excuse.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

As unpopular as it is to say so in comment sections in online news articles: Nobody deserves to get raped or beat up in prison and it shouldn't be wished on anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                        There are a ton of ways this could have been handled better even if it were granted that not faring well in prison were a legitimate excuse.
                        Like what? Turning him into a ken doll? Naah, that would be cruel and unusual punishment...

Comment

As unpopular as it is to say so in comment sections in online news articles: Nobody deserves to get raped or beat up in prison and it shouldn't be wished on anybody.
                          True. But a life of solitary would do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                            If they don't repent.... Who wants to get chewed out by the Creator of the universe?
                            Nobody.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

True, but he could have been segregated from the general population.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment