Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are Democrats trying to lose Virginia's governor's race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Democrats trying to lose Virginia's governor's race?

Are Democrats trying to lose Virginia's governor's race?

With only one exception, the party that holds the presidency has lost the Virginia governor's race since 1977. That exception happened in 2013, leading to all five statewide offices being held by Democrats; it seemed to many that Virginia's growing blue population had stopped the historical trend. In 2017, both history and demographics would point to a Democratic victory in the three statewide offices and in House of Delegates races, but something strange is happening in Virginia.

The Virginia Democratic Party is blowing their shot in spectacular fashion — culminating in printing literature which excluded their black lieutenant governor nominee, sending mail comparing Republican gubernatorial nominee Ed Gillespie to white supremacists in Charlottesville, and even comparing a Latina Republican House of Delegates candidate to a ravenous dog and the Halloween character Jason. Now, a Hampton University poll has Republican nominee Ed Gillespie winning by 8 percent going into the last two weeks.

But things were unraveling, even before this....

...While few gave Gillespie and the GOP ticket a chance a couple weeks ago, Democrats' errors on top of errors could lead to a November surprise.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

They seem to have developed a recent knack for snatching defeat form the jaws of victory.
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
      They seem to have developed a recent knack for snatching defeat form the jaws of victory.
      Something they musta learned from the Republicans who have refined the practice to an art form.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think we need to scrap the whole congress and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I think we need to scrap the whole congress and start over.
          Term Limits!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I suspect what's happening is that Democrats got used to running against feckless Republicans who handed them almost effortless victories at all levels of government, and now they have no idea what to do against someone who actually puts up a fight.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Term Limits!
              And the use of Cattle Prods!

I also think they should get punch cards for showing up and voting. When they get a full card, they get a paycheck.

Comment

And the use of Cattle Prods!

I also think they should get punch cards for showing up and voting. When they get a full card, they get a paycheck.
                You really WANT them voting? I might be willing to pay them to stay home!

Comment

You really WANT them voting? I might be willing to pay them to stay home!
                  well that's what we hired them to do! Maybe if they actually did their job instead of going on junkets and whining about Trump.

Comment

well that's what we hired them to do! Maybe if they actually did their job instead of going on junkets and whining about Trump.
                    I still think the first amendment should stop at the first five words.

Comment

I still think the first amendment should stop at the first five words.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Something they musta learned from the Republicans who have refined the practice to an art form.
                        Well, yeah....

Both Parties Trying Even Harder to Defeat Themselves

Comment

Personally I like it when I hear that Washington is gridlocked.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yup

Comment

So you don't want them to repeal and replace Obamacare? Or lower taxes? or do something about illegal immigration?

Comment