Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gaystapo out on the prowl again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    Argument from disgust? Not necessarily compelling. If the argument from the other side is that YOU MUST APPROVE OF MY ORGASM, then this would be a stronger point, but if you watch the rhetoric, it's not about approving of a sexual relationship, but of a "sharing of life". It's so vapid it makes me want to barf, but I don't think that's the same sort of argument from disgust
    Oh, it's not an argument from disgust, although it might've sounded like it. The argument is that I don't want to give legal recognition, in the form of marriage, to a certain group of people, simply because they feel like they deserve it, and give no actual reason for it whatsoever.
    Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
      Given their general suicide rate, immaturity, propensity to bully other citizens, willingness to spread deadly diseases among themselves and others, ingratitude, and all-around insufferability, treating them as merely 'second class citizens' seems a bit too lenient.

I was thinking closer to 'wards of the state,' especially since most seem to depend upon the state already for almost all their personal affirmation.
      Oh no, you see, the suicide rates and the diseases are just results of the gays being 'breath' REPREEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSED all their lives by all you hateful bigots. I mean, it's not like these people have a mental disorder, and 'that's' the source of all these problems........right?
      Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        sane Christian
        Going by this thread are rarer than hen’s teeth.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I used to have an OKCupid account before I met my lovely wife, and some of the normal survey questions on the site that they give you to match you up ask you if you have objections to homosexuality. Now I wonder if they kick you off the site if you answer that.

I'm sure they don't. That's a lot of ad revenue they'd be losing.
          Last edited by KingsGambit; 04-01-2014, 04:33 PM. Reason: typo
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            Project a little harder, why don't ya?

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              I used to have an OKCupid account before I met my lovely wife, and some of the normal survey questions on the site that they give you to match you up ask you if you have objections to homosexuality. Now I wonder if they kick you off the site if you answer that.

I'm sure they don't. That's a lot of ad revenue they'd be losing.
              Would be interesting to find out.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by seasanctuary View Post
                Supporting a law that treats same-sex couples like second-class citizens: okay!
                Go ahead sea, give one example of how they are treated like 'second class citizens'. I'm waiting.

Raising awareness of such support and encouraging a voluntary boycott: Nazi behavior!

It reminds me of Adolf Hitler and his wrist-band awareness campaigns.
                AKA bullying people to make them agree with you, is ok in Sea's book. As so long as they disagree with you. Tell me, if a Christian group used their influence to attempt to bully some other groups into agreeing with them; would you be ok with that?
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  How is that projector running for you FF?
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    And a homosexual has the exact same right as I do - to marry someone of the opposite sex.
                    That is false if "marriage" includes an element of romantic affection, which it does. It's an uncaring thing to say.

Comment

That is false if "marriage" includes an element of romantic affection, which it does. It's an uncaring thing to say.
                      You don't seem to be liberal about other marriage restrictions, such as only one spouse, or not marrying animals or children or objects (or yourself).

How uncaring of you.

Comment

That is false if "marriage" includes an element of romantic affection, which it does.
                        The government has never come to my home to ask me if I am in love with my wife. Nor was there a Yes/No checkbox on the marriage application we filled out that asked "Are you two romantically affectionate for each other?"
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

"Romantic affection" is usually the very last set of words most would use in describing gay relationships.

Words that usually come to mind are....

shallow
                          superficial
                          imitative
                          brash
                          childish
                          repellent
                          smarmy
                          warped
                          soul-deadening
                          ghoulish
                          disgusting
                          broken
                          embarassing
                          degrading
                          facile
                          corrupted
                          consumerist
                          petty
                          And most of all, social polluters and vampires of innocence.

Since I'm a guy, I have far fewer words for actual lesbians outside of:

boring
                          pointless
                          misguided
                          featureless
                          clueless
                          uncanny valley
                          ugly

Representative photograph, as I can't think of more 'less' words:

Comment

Eich just resigned as CEO.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

The bullies win again.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                The bullies win again.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment