Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden fact checked: Trump said inject bleach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden fact checked: Trump said inject bleach

Some lies never end.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ments-about-d/

Our ruling

Biden said Trump "told Americans all they had to do was inject bleach in themselves. Just take a shot of UV light."

During a nationally-televised press conference, Trump publicly floated the idea of studying whether bringing UV rays "inside the body" could help treat the coronavirus and asked an adviser whether a "disinfectant" could be injected for the same purpose.

But Trump didn’t specifically instruct Americans to do either of those things — and he and his press secretary attempted to clarify his words the next day.

Biden’s statement about Trump contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. We rate it Mostly False.

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    Some lies never end.

Our ruling

Biden said Trump "told Americans all they had to do was inject bleach in themselves. Just take a shot of UV light."

During a nationally-televised press conference, Trump publicly floated the idea of studying whether bringing UV rays "inside the body" could help treat the coronavirus and asked an adviser whether a "disinfectant" could be injected for the same purpose.

But Trump didn’t specifically instruct Americans to do either of those things — and he and his press secretary attempted to clarify his words the next day.

Biden’s statement about Trump contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. We rate it Mostly False.
    Someone even murdered their spouse after injecting them with bleach and then claimed that they were just following OMB's advice. At that point even some on the left found themselves admitting that the claim they had been pushing, like so many others, had no basis in reality.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Some lies never end.

Our ruling

Biden was simply pointing out how stupid Trump is for even suggesting publicly such an idiotic idea. How idiotic was it? Just look at the facial expressions of his Health care advisors when he said it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

Biden was simply pointing out how stupid Trump is for even suggesting publicly such an idiotic idea. How idiotic was it? Just look at the facial expressions of his Health care advisors when he said it.
        Biden got caught lying.

Comment

Some lies never end.
          I was talking to a friend the other day who said she was watching that press conference and swears she heard Trump say it.

I don't think she was lying. Human memory just isn't very trustworthy, especially when emotions run high.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I was talking to a friend the other day who said she was watching that press conference and swears she heard Trump say it.

I don't think she was lying. Human memory just isn't very trustworthy, especially when emotions run high.
            Is your friend exhibiting the signs of worsening dementia? That could also explain old Joe's "misremembering" something.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Biden got caught lying.
              Hyperbole - of a sort that counts as truth by you and others when Trump does it.

However, the fact check is accurate, which goes contrary to the 'lies' on this site about bias from the fact checkers.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Is your friend exhibiting the signs of worsening dementia? That could also explain old Joe's "misremembering" something.
                No, no signs of dementia.

Misremembering may be a lot more common than you think.

Comment

Someone even murdered their spouse after injecting them with bleach and then claimed that they were just following OMB's advice. At that point even some on the left found themselves admitting that the claim they had been pushing, like so many others, had no basis in reality.
                  Trump wondering aloud if doctors could be injecting disinfectant during a press conference carried by national media is very much "basis in reality" for the misstatement that Trump suggested bleach injections:

Source: It’s been exactly one year since Trump suggested injecting bleach. We’ve never been the same. Meridith McGraw and Sam Stein. Politico.2021.04.23

“A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world,” Trump began, clearly thinking the question himself, “So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that, too. It sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.”

© Copyright Original Source

"It does a tremendous number on the lungs" ... indeed.

Any road, it's a false statement by Biden. Trump suggested that these would be viable treatments but did not tell anybody to inject themselves with bleach/disinfectant or expose their internal organs to UV light. The truth is damning enough; no need to go beyond that.

-Sam
                  "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Hyperbole - of a sort that counts as truth by you and others when Trump does it.

However, the fact check is accurate, which goes contrary to the 'lies' on this site about bias from the fact checkers.
                    Not even remotely correct when compared to the hyperbole that OMB employs like when he declares something is the biggest, best, greatest etc, etc. and the left starts screeching about lies.
                    Last edited by rogue06; 03-29-2024, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Oh, I have no doubt that your friend 'misremembers' it at this point. The lie was repeated frequently enough that for many democrats it became the truth.

Comment

No, no signs of dementia.

Misremembering may be a lot more common than you think.
                        "Misremembering" like when old Joe just told everyone that he frequently took the train over the Francis Scott Key bridge -- even though there were never tracks on it (i.e., no trains ever used it).

Comment

Oh, I have no doubt that your friend 'misremembers' it at this point. The lie was repeated frequently enough that for many democrats it became the truth.
                          Yes, I'm sure that helps explain why "some lies never end."

Comment

Writes the person with a propensity for both forgetfulness and imagining what others have written.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            The things that you're liable
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life
                            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

It really was a stupid and clueless comment to make. A real forehead slapper

But he didn't tell anyone to drink bleach or inject bleach or anything of the sort. He asked a really stupid question. Showed that he had no idea about anything scientific or medical.
                              Last edited by Sparko; 03-29-2024, 03:09 PM.

Comment