Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrat strategist says Democrats are losing support because of 'preachy females'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrat strategist says Democrats are losing support because of 'preachy females'

I've always enjoyed James Carville, especially when he and his wife, Mary Matalin, would get into discussions from opposite ends of the spectrum.
    He always seemed to have a keen sense of politics, but is "old School Democrat".

Democrat strategist says Democrats are losing support because of 'preachy females' controlling the party

In a recent interview, Democrat strategist James Carville, 79, said that he suspects the issue with President Joe Biden's poll numbers is that there are "too many preachy females" controlling the party.

In an interview with The New York Times, Carville referred to the culture of the Democratic party as, "‘Don’t drink beer. Don’t watch football. Don’t eat hamburgers. This is not good for you.' The message is too feminine."

"‘Everything you’re doing is destroying the planet. You’ve got to eat your peas,'" he added about the message. "If you listen to Democratic elites, NPR is my go-to place for that, the whole talk is about how women, and women of color, are going to decide this election. I’m like: ‘Well, 48 percent of the people that vote are males. Do you mind if they have some consideration?’”

When discussing the president's poll numbers, the strategist said looking at them is "like walking in on your grandma naked."

"You can't get the image out of your mind," Carville joked.

Carville went on to admit that former President Trump projects energy to an audience.

"Now don’t tell me that Biden has more energy or cognition than Trump because it’s evident that, yeah, Trump’s got word salads, but he projects energy," he said. "He’s insane. He’s a criminal of the first order. But he does have a little timing and a little sense of humor and knows how to move from one story to the other.”

In a recent report from the RealClearPolling average of polls between February 21 and March 13, former President Trump beat Biden in 13 of 19 polls and has a 1.7 percent average over the president.

The report notes that in a three-way race with Robert F Kennedy in the mix, the former president holds an average lead of 4.3 percent. He received his largest lead in a Rasmussen Report poll between March 5 and 7, Trump held an 8-point lead over Biden.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Which ones are the females?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I've always enjoyed James Carville, especially when he and his wife, Mary Matalin, would get into discussions from opposite ends of the spectrum.
      He always seemed to have a keen sense of politics, but is "old School Democrat".

Democrat strategist says Democrats are losing support because of 'preachy females' controlling the party

In a recent interview, Democrat strategist James Carville, 79, said that he suspects the issue with President Joe Biden's poll numbers is that there are "too many preachy females" controlling the party.

In an interview with The New York Times, Carville referred to the culture of the Democratic party as, "‘Don’t drink beer. Don’t watch football. Don’t eat hamburgers. This is not good for you.' The message is too feminine."

"‘Everything you’re doing is destroying the planet. You’ve got to eat your peas,'" he added about the message. "If you listen to Democratic elites, NPR is my go-to place for that, the whole talk is about how women, and women of color, are going to decide this election. I’m like: ‘Well, 48 percent of the people that vote are males. Do you mind if they have some consideration?’”

When discussing the president's poll numbers, the strategist said looking at them is "like walking in on your grandma naked."

Carville went on to admit that former President Trump projects energy to an audience.

"Now don’t tell me that Biden has more energy or cognition than Trump because it’s evident that, yeah, Trump’s got word salads, but he projects energy," he said. "He’s insane. He’s a criminal of the first order. But he does have a little timing and a little sense of humor and knows how to move from one story to the other.”

In a recent report from the RealClearPolling average of polls between February 21 and March 13, former President Trump beat Biden in 13 of 19 polls and has a 1.7 percent average over the president.

The report notes that in a three-way race with Robert F Kennedy in the mix, the former president holds an average lead of 4.3 percent. He received his largest lead in a Rasmussen Report poll between March 5 and 7, Trump held an 8-point lead over Biden.
      We demand our criminals of the first order have sufficient spunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

He really is tiptoeing around the race politics issue.

Comment

And I thought the Democratic Senator who used the term "jigaboo" in a speech the other week was a major surprise...
          I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

For the guy who coined (sic) the line "It's the economy, stupid," Carville is now being a typical leftist. It's all demographics, demographics, demographics with him. It apparently hasn't occurred to him that it might be that American voters are put off by Democrat values and policies.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

He recently used some interesting terminology in his advice to old Joe on handling OMB.

Let's just say that if you think that the MSM overreacted on the bloodbath remark, if Trump used the terminology that the Ragin' Cajun utilized the collateral damage from exploding heads would have been cataclysmic.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                He recently used some interesting terminology in his advice to old Joe on handling OMB.

Let's just say that if you think that the MSM overreacted on the bloodbath remark, if Trump used the terminology that the Ragin' Cajun utilized the collateral damage from exploding heads would have been cataclysmic.
                It wasn't a overreaction. Overreaction would be if they didn't know what the context was. Everyone in MSM knew what the context was.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

For the guy who coined (sic) the line "It's the economy, stupid," Carville is now being a typical leftist. It's all demographics, demographics, demographics with him. It apparently hasn't occurred to him that it might be that American voters are put off by Democrat values and policies.
                  I think you mean to say "some American voters" are put off by "Democracy".Yes, we can see that. They're called Trumpians, members of the Authoritarian MAGA cult led by the ousted and treasonous ex-president Donald J. Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

They're called Trumpians.
                    Be kind Jimmy, you know we have no choice, we are predetermined to support Trump...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Be kind Jimmy, you know we have no choice, we are predetermined to support Trump...
                      I know, that's why I hope my determined and more logical sense can effect a change in your own determined and misguided direction.

Comment

I know, that's why I hope my determined and more logical sense can effect a change in your own determined and misguided direction.
                        LOL, you realize how silly that sounds, don't you?
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

LOL, you realize how silly that sounds, don't you?
                          Well not really, since being determined is a result of cause and effect which could alter your previous detetermined beliefs, or in other words change your mind.

Comment

I think you mean to say "some American voters" are put off by "Democracy".Yes, we can see that. They're called Trumpians, members of the Authoritarian MAGA cult led by the ousted and treasonous ex-president Donald J. Trump.
                            Have another doobie

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Have another doobie
                              JimL preparing-to-post.gif
                              Little jimmy preparing to post

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment