Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is Elon Musk a rightwinger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Elon Musk a rightwinger?

The left doesn't just consider him a rightwinger, but "far right." Musk considers himself a centrist, but he lays out his principles and asks the question...

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    The left doesn't just consider him a rightwinger, but "far right." Musk considers himself a centrist, but he lays out his principles and asks the question...
    Of course a centrist is far right in this culture...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I think he's more of a classic liberal from the days when the Democrats were the party of God and country.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

You would have heard both Slick Willy and the Obamessiah echo several of these things when they were president.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          You would have heard both Slick Willy and the Obamessiah echo several of these things when they were president.
          LOL

Elon Musk is a centrist….just like Slick Willie and Obamessiah…were centrists.

IMG_1683.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I think he's more of a classic liberal from the days when the Democrats were the party of God and country.
            Yea, we need to return to the days when we smooched ol’ glory and loved God:

IMG_1696.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

LOL

Elon Musk is a centrist….just like Slick Willie and Obamessiah…were centrists.

IMG_1683.jpeg
              Perhaps you should read what the Obamessiah was saying about border security just a few years ago.

Today your ilk would be denouncing him as a racist xenophobe.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Perhaps you should read what the Obamessiah was saying about border security just a few years ago.

Today your ilk would be denouncing him as a racist xenophobe.
                Thank you for admitting Clinton and Obama are centrists, not lefties.

Comment

Thank you for admitting Clinton and Obama are centrists, not lefties.
                  The left has moved so far left that the left values from 15 years ago is now rightwing to them.

I think eventually the "orthodox left" is going to have to split off and make a whole new party from the "radical left"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The left has moved so far left that the left values from 15 years ago is now rightwing to them.

I think eventually the "orthodox left" is going to have to split off and make a whole new party from the "radical left"
                    If you’re proposing that mainstream GOP and Dems are essentially centrists, do go on. I assume that’s what you mean by “orthodox.”

I like the idea that the “radical” ideological margins are the problem and that there’s this massive Venn Diagram overlap that should be bringing us together on the issues. How long have you been lucid dreaming?

Comment

If you’re proposing that mainstream GOP and Dems are essentially centrists, do go on. I assume that’s what you mean by “orthodox.”

I like the idea that the “radical” ideological margins are the problem and that there’s this massive Venn Diagram overlap that should be bringing us together on the issues. How long have you been lucid dreaming?
                      By orthodox I meant "old school" - the way Democrats used to be before the radicals made the party jump the shark.

But I think generally, yeah MOST republicans and democrats are more centrist. Both parties have been driven apart more and more recently by radicals on each side. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I seem to remember a time where both parties disagreed on some issues, but agreed on enough to actually get along, more "frenemies" than actual "enemies" like they are now, and could even get together on some issues and actually accomplish things together. Now whatever one party is for, the other party is automatically diametrically opposed to it, it seems.

We are way more polarized now than we used to be.

Comment

By orthodox I meant "old school" - the way Democrats used to be before the radicals made the party jump the shark.

But I think generally, yeah MOST republicans and democrats are more centrist. Both parties have been driven apart more and more recently by radicals on each side. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I seem to remember a time where both parties disagreed on some issues, but agreed on enough to actually get along, more "frenemies" than actual "enemies" like they are now, and could even get together on some issues and actually accomplish things together. Now whatever one party is for, the other party is automatically diametrically opposed to it, it seems.

The Trump genie can’t be re-corked.

Comment

The Trump genie can’t be re-corked.
                          That is just one symptom of it. Gay Marriage, Transgenderism, Greenies, calling everything "racist" - all that serves to drive the democrats further left. Trump is just the reaction to that.

Comment

I wish I could find an old article I read. It was discussing how many of the reforms to remove corruption have actually lead to the disfunction of congress. Things like how the removal of pork meant that it was harder to broker deals on legislation leading to gridlock. How making the senate elected made partisanship worse and turned the senate into a different version of the house, etc.

The article was about the side effects of good intentioned corruption reforms, and how many of those unsightly back-room deals actually greased the wheels of congress.

It was a very interesting article, and very thought provoking.

Comment

That is just one symptom of it. Gay Marriage, Transgenderism, Greenies, calling everything "racist" - all that serves to drive the democrats further left. Trump is just the reaction to that.
                              What’s wrong with gay marriage?

Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Hosts Gay Wedding
                              John Sullivan, vice chair and treasurer of the Tennessee Log Cabin Republicans and his husband Dan Medora, got married at Mar-a-Lago on February 23, according to an Instagrampost from the organization, which is comprised of and advocates for LGBTQ+ Republicans.

The LGBTQ madness you refer to is simply blowback from the terrible treatment of homosexuals when it was considered taboo. My Catholic aunt knew her son was gay since he was 13 and has shamed him about for 40 years. Dude’s never had a boyfriend, AFAIK.

Greenies are just advocates for less pollution, so that shouldn’t be a point of division. Centrism there should be easy unless you wanna go whole hog and eliminate the EPA.

Comment