Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hide The Kids: Christian Nationalism Is Coming...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hide The Kids: Christian Nationalism Is Coming...

    One can only hope!

    Trump allies prepare to infuse ‘Christian nationalism’ in second administration


    Spearheading the effort is Russell Vought, president of The Center for Renewing America, part of a conservative consortium preparing for Trump’s return to power.

    An influential think tank close to Donald Trump is developing plans to infuse Christian nationalist ideas in his administration should the former president return to power, according to documents obtained by POLITICO.

    Spearheading the effort is Russell Vought, who served as Trump’s director of the Office of Management and Budget during his first term and has remained close to him. Vought, who is frequently cited as a potential chief of staff in a second Trump White House, is president of The Center for Renewing America think tank, a leading group in a conservative consortium preparing for a second Trump term.

    Christian nationalists in America believe that the country was founded as a Christian nation and that Christian values should be prioritized throughout government and public life. As the country has become less religious and more diverse, Vought has embraced the idea that Christians are under assault and has spoken of policies he might pursue in response.


    https://www.politico.com/news/2024/0...alism-00142086
    Last edited by seer; 02-21-2024, 12:01 PM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

  • #2
    The article says, "The documents obtained by POLITICO do not outline specific Christian nationalist policies," but that's not going to stop liberals from running around and screaming like their hair is on fire.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      The article says, "The documents obtained by POLITICO do not outline specific Christian nationalist policies," but that's not going to stop liberals from running around and screaming like their hair is on fire.
      Yep..
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh the horror!

        Comment


        • #5
          "Christian Nationalism"? I'd rather not have morality forced on me from the government, either left or right. This group does not sound like libertarians.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            "Christian Nationalism"? I'd rather not have morality forced on me from the government, either left or right. This group does not sound like libertarians.
            For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

            Do not worry, it's merely "Christian activism".

            P1) If , then I win.

            P2)

            C) I win.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              "Christian Nationalism"? I'd rather not have morality forced on me from the government, either left or right. This group does not sound like libertarians.
              They are calling normal conservative values "Christian Nationalism" as a way to associate it with Nazis. "Nationalism" is bad don't ya know?


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                The article says, "The documents obtained by POLITICO do not outline specific Christian nationalist policies," but that's not going to stop liberals from running around and screaming like their hair is on fire.
                smiley hair-fire.gif

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                  They are calling normal conservative values "Christian Nationalism" as a way to associate it with Nazis. "Nationalism" is bad don't ya know?

                  No, there is a real and dangerous close association between christamiam nationalism and fascist or otherwise authoritarian leanings. It is not ginned up, it is a reality. It's why Trump is closely associated with it. It's his ticket to power, because people like you don't understand how dangerous this sort of thing is


                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

                  If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

                  This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post


                    No, there is a real and dangerous close association between christamiam nationalism and fascist or otherwise authoritarian leanings. It is not ginned up, it is a reality. It's why Trump is closely associated with it. It's his ticket to power, because people like you don't understand how dangerous this sort of thing is

                    You are daft Jim, it is the left that is increasingly authoritarian. Look at free speech in Britain, Canada, US College campuses. The Christians who Trump support today are really no different than the ones who supported him the first time around. And what happened? Nothing.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by seer View Post

                      You are daft Jim, it is the left that is increasingly authoritarian. Look at free speech in Britain, Canada, US College campuses. The Christians who Trump support today are really no different than the ones who supported him the first time around. And what happened? Nothing.
                      That there are ALSO dangers from the left we can agree. But right now. The greater danger is on the right. It is overt, and it is more and more ready to violently assert itself.

                      E.g. talk of civil war being 'worth it' is on the right. And in evangelical circles.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

                      If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

                      This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

                        That there are ALSO dangers from the left we can agree. But right now. The greater danger is on the right. It is overt, and it is more and more ready to violently assert itself.

                        E.g. talk of civil war being 'worth it' is on the right. And in evangelical circles.
                        Looks to me like the ones who take up arms and invade the streets, destroy properties and attack people, when things don't go their way are not MAGA supporters.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        .
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

                          That there are ALSO dangers from the left we can agree. But right now. The greater danger is on the right. It is overt, and it is more and more ready to violently assert itself.
                          Really, we just went through nearly two years of leftists burning down cities and you have the nerve to suggest that the right is more violent. Get your head out of your butt Jim....


                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tabibito View Post

                            Looks to me like the ones who take up arms and invade the streets, destroy properties and attack people, when things don't go their way are not MAGA supporters.
                            For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

                            That's different, that's just mostly peaceful protesting.

                            P1) If , then I win.

                            P2)

                            C) I win.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tabibito View Post

                              Looks to me like the ones who take up arms and invade the streets, destroy properties and attack people, when things don't go their way are not MAGA supporters.
                              Not even close. Jan 6 was an overt and organized attempt to steal an election. And as I said, talk embracing civil war is coming from thecrighrlt, not the left.

                              What you refer to, violence erupting from anger at racial oppression coupled with criminal opportunistic looting, is nothing to sneeze at, but is in a entirely different sort of category than what is coming from the right.

                              The right is going for overt control as autocrats. Increased oppression both racially and ideologically. And it is joined at the hip with anti-science rhetoric and religious extremism. The sort of thing that has led to some of the worst atrocities in human history.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

                              If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

                              This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seer, Today, 02:09 PM
                              4 responses
                              11 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seer
                              by seer
                               
                              Started by seanD, Today, 01:25 PM
                              0 responses
                              6 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seanD
                              by seanD
                               
                              Started by VonTastrophe, Today, 08:53 AM
                              0 responses
                              25 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post oxmixmudd  
                              Started by seer, Yesterday, 01:12 PM
                              28 responses
                              178 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post oxmixmudd  
                              Started by rogue06, 04-17-2024, 09:33 AM
                              65 responses
                              456 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post Sparko
                              by Sparko
                               
                              Working...
                              X