Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden’s physical takes on renewed importance after Hur revelations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Trump mistakenly said the president of Hungary was the president of Turkey in October. After Sean Hannity got done lampooning Biden for the slip, people noted that he called Kellyanne Conway "Kellyanne Trump" in 2022.

The idea that people don't make routine slip-ups is just ... cynical.

-Sam
    Great so Trump shouldn't be president either. How does complaining about Trump mean Biden doesn't have diminished cognitive abilities? It's actually sad that your first response and your second is "whataboutism" rather than addressing the problem with Biden.

He not only mixes up people, but talks to dead ones, loses his train of though right in the middle (while defending his mental capacity at the last conference, he was telling us about the rosary he wears for his son, and stopped in the middle of saying where it came from "...the rosary from Our Mother of...")
    And he routinely does that. Losing your train of thought once in a while is normal, doing it all the time is mental decline. He moves like he is in slow motion, and still manages to trip over his feet. He makes up stories and repeats them even after they have been shown to be made up (His friend on Amtrak for example)

Ignoring Biden's mental issues is just... partisan stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

President Biden does not seem to be well. He is nearly as forgetful and mistaken as I can be at times. It's his age, and definitely it's mine.

Maybe more members here will remember that when they're calling him 'criminal' and the rest of it?

Sadly that puts the USA in to a very insecure position, imo.
      His criminal act (stealing classified documents and keeping them in his home) occurred over a period of 40 year when he had no such excuse. He is just now having to face the music.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

It seems Sam has forgotten Biden once called Harris the President. Iirc, after the 2022 New Year, he thought it was 2020, but I'd have to look for that. Also, it seems Biden forgot a recent trip to Ireland in April last year and had to be reminded of the trip by kids.
        Joe has referred to "President Harris" multiple times, stating it as far back as his 2020 campaign. There was also the one campaign stop where he loudly said, "I'm Joe Biden! And I'm running for the United States senate! And I would appreciate your support! But if you don't like me, then vote for the other Biden."

So he has been confused for a very long time.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Yeah, that's one other thing the Special Counsel was not able to prove. In fact, he said, "...the evidence suggests that Mr. Biden did not willfully retain these documents and that they could plausibly have been brought to these locations by mistake."
          While "they could plausibly have been brought to these locations by mistake" that isn't the case with how they got into his possession in the first place. He took them. And he did not have the authority to do so (i.e., theft).

Moreover, he knew he had them back in 2017 when they were moved. How do we know that? Because he is on tape saying so.

We also learned that he lied when he declared he didn't share them or the information on them with others. He'd read them near verbatim to his ghost writer, which is incredibly difficult to pull off if you didn't know that you had them).

And we learned that he lied about keeping them locked up and secured (which again contradicts his claim he was unaware he had them). For instance, every time he went for a cruise in his Vet he left the garage door standing open. There is a video of him doing just that. So those boxes full of classified information were then much less secured.

We're focusing on how the report exposed (yet again) his declining mental functions when maybe the important story is his willful and deliberate corruption.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Joe has referred to "President Harris" multiple times, stating it as far back as his 2020 campaign. There was also the one campaign stop where he loudly said, "I'm Joe Biden! And I'm running for the United States senate! And I would appreciate your support! But if you don't like me, then vote for the other Biden."

So he has been confused for a very long time.
            His evident decline started after the end of the Obama Administration and has been increasingly evident since then.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Great so Trump shouldn't be president either. How does complaining about Trump mean Biden doesn't have diminished cognitive abilities? It's actually sad that your first response and your second is "whataboutism" rather than addressing the problem with Biden.

He not only mixes up people, but talks to dead ones, loses his train of though right in the middle (while defending his mental capacity at the last conference, he was telling us about the rosary he wears for his son, and stopped in the middle of saying where it came from "...the rosary from Our Mother of...")
              And he routinely does that. Losing your train of thought once in a while is normal, doing it all the time is mental decline. He moves like he is in slow motion, and still manages to trip over his feet. He makes up stories and repeats them even after they have been shown to be made up (His friend on Amtrak for example)

But his keepers tell us that everything is fine and there's nothing to worry about, as we can clearly see for ourselves as he talks about Israel and Hamas

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

But his keepers tell us that everything is fine and there's nothing to worry about, as we can clearly see for ourselves as he talks about Israel and Hamas
                Yeah you can see him struggling to keep his train of thought and find words.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

It seems Sam has forgotten Biden once called Harris the President. Iirc, after the 2022 New Year, he thought it was 2020, but I'd have to look for that. Also, it seems Biden forgot a recent trip to Ireland in April last year and had to be reminded of the trip by kids.
                  While in Ireland a group of children asked him questions resulting in old Joe getting confused so Hunter stepped in to help field the questions.

Shortly after returning home he was talking to another group of children about his grandkids (back when he was still deliberately snubbing one) and couldn't remember how many he had or where they lived and then couldn't remember where he just got back from until after a painfully long pause one of the kids shouted "Ireland." Hunter had to intercede again.

Comment

And that's not just an occasional thing, either, like his defenders claim, but happens every single time he speaks in public!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And that's just an occasional thing, either, like his defenders claim, but happens every single time he speaks in public!
                      Not "every single time" but the overwhelming majority of it. He seems to stay better focused when he's angry, which might explain why he rants so often now.

Comment

As I wrote, any examination of Biden speaking at length dispels the notion that he is cognitively unfit. Same for Trump. Perhaps both lapse more than average, at this point, but Biden continues to demonstrate situational awareness, keen learning ability, and knowledge of his job.

There isn't a real question of cognitive ability, here: it's just a fun attack line that people have latched onto and everyone feels pretty secure indulging in because, hey, these guys are old and old people's minds can't be trusted. Yet Biden's ability to do this particular job, at this moment, out-rivals just about everyone: the presidency is extremely demanding. If people want to say that means only the most astute and prepared should fill the role, OK -- but I'm certainly not going to entertain that notion from anyone who voted Trump in 2016 or 2020. The issue, at present, is whether these candidates are cognitively fit from a medical perspective. They are.

-Sam
                        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Not "every single time" but the overwhelming majority of it. He seems to stay better focused when he's angry, which might explain why he rants so often now.
                          Ranting is easy because it requires very little thought. It's one of the reasons liberals are generally so good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Yeah, that's one other thing the Special Counsel was not able to prove. In fact, he said, "...the evidence suggests that Mr. Biden did not willfully retain these documents and that they could plausibly have been brought to these locations by mistake."
                            Senility could explain that, of course.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

As I wrote, any examination of Biden speaking at length dispels the notion that he is cognitively unfit.
                              Generally it is considered rude not to offer to share whatever it is that you're smoking there.

Also, it's pretty durn early to be indulging already.

Comment

Yeah you can see him struggling to keep his train of thought and find words.
                                Well, normal people can, but there are those who will defend him no matter what, and they would see him as a wise old man carefully crafting his speech so as to appear in control.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment