Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden’s physical takes on renewed importance after Hur revelations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eider View Post

Has Biden been convicted of any criminal offences? Rogue seems to claim that he has.
    I do?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I do?
      It's eider, so....
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Are Democrats Taking a Biden Replacement More Seriously Now?

After President Joe Biden’s disastrous press conference on Thursday, speculation grows that he will be replaced in the presidential election after he made it more than obvious he has no brain cells left.

The “elderly, irritable man” who stood on that podium addressing the nation was not the type of leader this country can rely on— and Democrats are panicking. With less than nine months before the 2024 election, the party may be exploring other options.

According to a Democratic operative on Friday, it is “realistic” that Vice President Kamala Harris could replace Biden. However, with approval ratings worse than the president, Democrats know they won’t keep the keys to the White House with her on the ballot.

A December Monmouth University poll found that Harris has just a 35 percent approval rating, with nearly 60 percent of likely voters disapproving of her vice presidency.

First - yes - it's "Democrats" without naming any.

But then - James Carville, though nutty as a fruitcake, is really keen on politics...

Democrat James Carville, known for his central role in former President Clinton’s campaign, wrote in his column that the Left is no longer looking to shy away from Biden’s diminishing cognitive health but instead “looking to interventions from the Supreme Court, or a criminal conviction for Trump, in the hope that such developments would shift the election in Biden’s favor.” (Via The Hill)
        Is it just me or are the ones front and center in calling old Joe out as incompetent are almost all old Clinton associates? Such as Carville and Begala.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Is it just me or are the ones front and center in calling old Joe out as incompetent are almost all old Clinton associates? Such as Carville and Begala.
          Interesting. Even hag Hillary has come out and said that Biden's mental fitness is a credible issue. Do you think she is planning a DNC coup?

Comment

He was stealing classified material and squirreling it away back when he was just a Senator and still had all the marbles he ever had.
            Yeah, that's one other thing the Special Counsel was not able to prove. In fact, he said, "...the evidence suggests that Mr. Biden did not willfully retain these documents and that they could plausibly have been brought to these locations by mistake."

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

wow - I honestly did not see that coming.

Clearly Sam is also in need of an in-depth cognitive evaluation.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Wasn't Ronny Jackson's tenure best known for him lying about Trump's weight and running what turned into a gigantic pill mill?

Source: White House Medical Unit gave controlled substances to ineligible staff, watchdog finds. Kathryn Watson. CBS News. 2024.02.05

A new report from the Department of Defense inspector general found the military-run White House Medical Unit provided a wide range of health care and pharmaceutical services to ineligible staff, in violation of federal law and policy, with senior leaders in the unit directing practices out of line with Pentagon guidance. The report also found White House military medical unit providers said they weren't empowered to deny requests from senior unit leaders. The investigation involved interviewing military officers who worked in the White House between 2009 and 2018.

The report found controlled substances, including opioids and sleeping medications, were "not properly accounted for," in violation of federal regulation. The White House Medical Unit used handwritten notes to track inventory for controlled substances, which accounted for frequent errors, the report said. The report found the unit dispensed Ambien without verifying patients' identities and purchased brand-name Ambien, which costs 174 times more than the generic brand. The report said the medical unit also purchased brand-name Provigil, another sleep aid that costs far more than its generic counterpart. The White House Medical Unit also improperly disposed of both controlled and non-controlled substances, the watchdog found.

The same year, 2018, the Pentagon IG initiated an investigation into GOP Rep. Ronny Jackson of Texas, who at the time was the White House physician to President Trump and had been nominated by Trump to be Veterans Affairs secretary. Jackson, a Navy rear admiral who ran the White House Medical Unit for several years, until 2014, was accused of creating a hostile work environment. In 2021, the Pentagon watchdog released a scathing report that found Jackson used Ambien during long official flights, and that witnesses had raised concerns about Jackson's potential inability to provide proper medical care. The report concluded that Jackson's overall conduct toward subordinates "disparaged, belittled, bullied, and humiliated them."

© Copyright Original Source

Anyone can listen to the numerous interviews and press conferences that Biden has given recently. He is very clearly cogent, informed, and mentally capable. He makes fewer mental errors than Trump routinely does at rallies, certainly.

It's an astroturf issue.

-Sam
                A few notes...

First, a rather pedantic point that "Provigil" is, as its name suggests, the *opposite* of a "sleep aid."

Second, I'm not clear on why Jackson's alleged use of Ambien on "long official flights" would be problematic.

Finally, the article at most shows Jackson to be a jerk as a boss; there is no mention of his name in regard to the supposed "pill mill" issues.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

A few notes...

First, a rather pedantic point that "Provigil" is, as its name suggests, the *opposite* of a "sleep aid."

Second, I'm not clear on why Jackson's alleged use of Ambien on "long official flights" would be problematic.

Finally, the article at most shows Jackson to be a jerk as a boss; there is no mention of his name in regard to the supposed "pill mill" issues.
                  From bottom to top:

3) Jackson was director of the White House Medical Unit during the time in question; he was the senior-most of the senior unit leaders.

2) The sheer amount of Provigil & Ambien prescribed (by memory, the pharmacy sheet listed 900 Provigil & 2000 Ambien as single-line items!) is problematic but, yes, far less problematic than the morphine and the fentanyl.

1) Indeed, Provigil (modafinil) is an "anti-sleep aid", though it can be used on those long international flights to sync someone up to a new time zone by staving off tiredness for a time. Heaven help you if you happen to be a slow metabolizer and take 100mg of NuVigil, tho.

-Sam

ETA: Ah, there it is:

ScreenShot00002.png
                  Last edited by Sam; 02-12-2024, 12:12 AM.
                  "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Point of modest clarification: Jackson's role at the WH Medical Unit ended in February 2019 so, while he would have been responsible for much of the time period referenced in the report, most of the listings above occurred after Jackson had moved to a new role in the Trump administration.

-Sam
                    "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

As president, Trump had the right to take them -- but not keep them.

When old Joe was a Senator and even VP, he didn't even have the authority to take them.

IOW, the duffer was, as the report makes clear, willfully breaking the law when he absconded with them.

And apparently there is a recording of old Joe from 2017 where he mentions having the confidential materials in his possession, so that puts the lie to the claim that the moment he found out about them he contacted the National Archive.
                      I forgot to ask, when was Biden convicted?
                      HAs he ever been convicted of any criminal offences on his life?

Comment

He was stealing classified material and squirreling it away back when he was just a Senator and still had all the marbles he ever had.
                        Any criminal convictions?
                        ......or just rogue propaganda?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Problem is, Biden doesn't make "routine slip-ups" anymore. They are constant. Something is dreadfully wrong with him.
                          It seems Sam has forgotten Biden once called Harris the President. Iirc, after the 2022 New Year, he thought it was 2020, but I'd have to look for that. Also, it seems Biden forgot a recent trip to Ireland in April last year and had to be reminded of the trip by kids.
                          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
                            I forgot to ask, when was Biden convicted?
                            HAs he ever been convicted of any criminal offences on his life?
                            Jack the Ripper was never convicted of murder, did those murders not occur?
                            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Yup. She hated Washington and living in the White House.

But I'll note that in spite of all the rumors flying about she has done absolutely nothing to silence them.
                              I have no doubt whatsoever that whatever "hate" Michelle Obama supposedly has for Washington, that it will instantly vanish if she is offered the chance to make her mark in history as the first black female president of the United States. She strikes me as someone who would relish the opportunity to wield that kind of power.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Yeah, that's one other thing the Special Counsel was not able to prove. In fact, he said, "...the evidence suggests that Mr. Biden did not willfully retain these documents and that they could plausibly have been brought to these locations by mistake."
                                Actually, Hur said, "Our investigation uncovered evidence that President Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency when he was a private citizen" but that he had probably "forgotten about them soon after" and that "at trial, Mr. Biden would likely present himself to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory. Based on our direct interactions with and observations of him, he is someone for whom many jurors will want to identify reasonable doubt. It would be difficult to convince a jury that they should convict him-by then a former president well into his eighties-of a serious felony that requires a mental state of willfulness."
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment