Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden’s physical takes on renewed importance after Hur revelations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden’s physical takes on renewed importance after Hur revelations

First, I'm just wondering if ANY of our Tweb posters honestly believes Biden is of sound mind and body.

As the country’s oldest presidential candidate and then its oldest president, President Joe Biden‘s health has been discussed more than most of his predecessors.

But as Biden and the White House remain adamant they have been transparent regarding his annual physical examination and medical records, special counsel Robert Hur‘s assessment of the president’s memory and mental acuity have renewed calls for him to undergo a cognitive test this year.

The White House shared the results of Biden’s most recent physical last February, his 2022 checkup delayed until 2023. The five-page document, described by White House physician Dr. Kevin O’Connor as a “health summary,” referred to a neurological consultation concerning the president’s stiff walk but not a cognitive test, such as the Montreal Cognitive Assessment, which detects dementia or other forms of decline, according to Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-TX). Jackson served alongside O’Connor at the White House when he was former President Donald Trump‘s physician and administered Trump’s Montreal test.

Despite insisting he did not want to diagnose Biden, Jackson contended the president’s memory lapses were cognitive and related to his age, recommending a “full cognitive panel” instead of simply a screening test like the Montreal.

“He should not be our president or our head of state because he’s not got the cognitive wherewithal or ability to do the job,” Jackson told the Washington Examiner. “There’s tests he can take that, if he passed them, would put the country at ease, but I can tell you right now, just based on what I’ve seen, that he wouldn’t pass those tests and that’s the reason he’s not doing those tests.”

“So yeah, he needs to have his physical done,” he said. “It needs to include a battery of cognitive tests at this point. His physician, which I know, who worked for me for eight years, needs to get up in front of the press, and he needs to present the objective results, and he needs to stand up there and defend them and explain them the same way that I did for an hour and a half whenever I did Trump’s physical.”

The tests, usually undertaken by patients aged 65 and older, could comprise math problems and memory tasks to positron emission tomography scans and magnetic resonance imaging, per Jackson.

JimL is free to respond, but is prohibited from doing his typical Trumpster routine.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

First, I'm just wondering if ANY of our Tweb posters honestly believes Biden is of sound mind and body.

As the country’s oldest presidential candidate and then its oldest president, President Joe Biden‘s health has been discussed more than most of his predecessors.

But as Biden and the White House remain adamant they have been transparent regarding his annual physical examination and medical records, special counsel Robert Hur‘s assessment of the president’s memory and mental acuity have renewed calls for him to undergo a cognitive test this year.

The White House shared the results of Biden’s most recent physical last February, his 2022 checkup delayed until 2023. The five-page document, described by White House physician Dr. Kevin O’Connor as a “health summary,” referred to a neurological consultation concerning the president’s stiff walk but not a cognitive test, such as the Montreal Cognitive Assessment, which detects dementia or other forms of decline, according to Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-TX). Jackson served alongside O’Connor at the White House when he was former President Donald Trump‘s physician and administered Trump’s Montreal test.

Despite insisting he did not want to diagnose Biden, Jackson contended the president’s memory lapses were cognitive and related to his age, recommending a “full cognitive panel” instead of simply a screening test like the Montreal.

“He should not be our president or our head of state because he’s not got the cognitive wherewithal or ability to do the job,” Jackson told the Washington Examiner. “There’s tests he can take that, if he passed them, would put the country at ease, but I can tell you right now, just based on what I’ve seen, that he wouldn’t pass those tests and that’s the reason he’s not doing those tests.”

“So yeah, he needs to have his physical done,” he said. “It needs to include a battery of cognitive tests at this point. His physician, which I know, who worked for me for eight years, needs to get up in front of the press, and he needs to present the objective results, and he needs to stand up there and defend them and explain them the same way that I did for an hour and a half whenever I did Trump’s physical.”

The tests, usually undertaken by patients aged 65 and older, could comprise math problems and memory tasks to positron emission tomography scans and magnetic resonance imaging, per Jackson.

JimL is free to respond, but is prohibited from doing his typical Trumpster routine.
      Wasn't Ronny Jackson's tenure best known for him lying about Trump's weight and running what turned into a gigantic pill mill?

Source: White House Medical Unit gave controlled substances to ineligible staff, watchdog finds. Kathryn Watson. CBS News. 2024.02.05

A new report from the Department of Defense inspector general found the military-run White House Medical Unit provided a wide range of health care and pharmaceutical services to ineligible staff, in violation of federal law and policy, with senior leaders in the unit directing practices out of line with Pentagon guidance. The report also found White House military medical unit providers said they weren't empowered to deny requests from senior unit leaders. The investigation involved interviewing military officers who worked in the White House between 2009 and 2018.

The report found controlled substances, including opioids and sleeping medications, were "not properly accounted for," in violation of federal regulation. The White House Medical Unit used handwritten notes to track inventory for controlled substances, which accounted for frequent errors, the report said. The report found the unit dispensed Ambien without verifying patients' identities and purchased brand-name Ambien, which costs 174 times more than the generic brand. The report said the medical unit also purchased brand-name Provigil, another sleep aid that costs far more than its generic counterpart. The White House Medical Unit also improperly disposed of both controlled and non-controlled substances, the watchdog found.

The same year, 2018, the Pentagon IG initiated an investigation into GOP Rep. Ronny Jackson of Texas, who at the time was the White House physician to President Trump and had been nominated by Trump to be Veterans Affairs secretary. Jackson, a Navy rear admiral who ran the White House Medical Unit for several years, until 2014, was accused of creating a hostile work environment. In 2021, the Pentagon watchdog released a scathing report that found Jackson used Ambien during long official flights, and that witnesses had raised concerns about Jackson's potential inability to provide proper medical care. The report concluded that Jackson's overall conduct toward subordinates "disparaged, belittled, bullied, and humiliated them."

© Copyright Original Source

Anyone can listen to the numerous interviews and press conferences that Biden has given recently. He is very clearly cogent, informed, and mentally capable. He makes fewer mental errors than Trump routinely does at rallies, certainly.

It's an astroturf issue.

-Sam
      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Anyone can listen to the numerous interviews and press conferences that Biden has given recently. He is very clearly cogent, informed, and mentally capable. He makes fewer mental errors than Trump routinely does at rallies, certainly.

wow - I honestly did not see that coming.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

wow - I honestly did not see that coming.
          When was the last time you sat down and listened to Biden speak for five minutes?

-Sam
          "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

When was the last time you sat down and listened to Biden speak for five minutes?

-Sam
            Thursday. It was a mess. Especially the bit about the leader of Mexico/Egypt.

And Friday, when he read his whole spiel from cards on his lap. All very sad. And shame on anybody who thinks he can continue.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Thursday. It was a mess. Especially the bit about the leader of Mexico/Egypt.
              Trump mistakenly said the president of Hungary was the president of Turkey in October. After Sean Hannity got done lampooning Biden for the slip, people noted that he called Kellyanne Conway "Kellyanne Trump" in 2022.

The idea that people don't make routine slip-ups is just ... cynical.

-Sam

Comment

Trump mistakenly said the president of Hungary was the president of Turkey in October. After Sean Hannity got done lampooning Biden for the slip, people noted that he called Kellyanne Conway "Kellyanne Trump" in 2022.

The idea that people don't make routine slip-ups is just ... cynical.

-Sam
                Problem is, Biden doesn't make "routine slip-ups" anymore. They are constant. Something is dreadfully wrong with him.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

....He is very clearly cogent, informed, and mentally capable. He makes fewer mental errors than Trump routinely does at rallies, certainly....
                  A) the whataboutism is duly noted
                  2) Trump is not POTUS

Comment

A) the whataboutism is duly noted
                    2) Trump is not POTUS
                    What job is Trump campaigning for, exactly?

-Sam

Comment

Problem is, Biden doesn't make "routine slip-ups" anymore. They are constant. Something is dreadfully wrong with him.
                      No, they are not. People just aren't actually listening to long-form speeches and interviews anymore but instead basing their vibes off soundbites.

What other aspects of the Biden presser did you find indicative of cognitive decline? It was a four-minute speech with eight minutes of Q&A; what other parts of that conferences indicated cognitive decline?

-Sam

Comment

The official White House physician is in a bad spot. If he gives Joe a clean bill of health, then everybody will now he's lying. But if he agrees with Hur's conclusions that Joe is mentally incompetent, then it will call into question all of his previous reports declaring Joe was fit as a fiddle.

Quite the conundrum.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No, they are not. People just aren't actually listening to long-form speeches and interviews anymore but instead basing their vibes off soundbites.

What other aspects of the Biden presser did you find indicative of cognitive decline? It was a four-minute speech with eight minutes of Q&A; what other parts of that conferences indicated cognitive decline?

-Sam
                          Every single word YOU say doesn't indicate you are in cognitive decline, but I have my doubts about many things regarding you all the same.

Comment

-Sam
                            Have you seen Joe's cue cards that look they were written for a child?

YOU walk onto the stage.
                            YOU shake hands with so-and-so.
                            YOU sit in YOUR seat.
                            YOU clap when so-and-so is introduced.
                            YOU stand up and WALK to the PODIUM.
                            Etc.

Or the cards with the questions and answers written out for him along with pictures of the reporters so he knows who to call in what order?

How about all the times he complains about what "they" won't let him say or do?

Or the time he was chatting with the media at the White House Easter event, and a staffer in an Easter bunny costume ran over, frantically waved in his face, and then led him away?

You might think Joe is mentally competent, but his handlers clearly do not!
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

-Sam

Every single word YOU say doesn't indicate you are in cognitive decline, but I have my doubts about many things regarding you all the same.
                              Thank you; no further questions.

-Sam

Comment