Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Great Reset Is Dead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Reset Is Dead...

The great reset is dead, according to our 'human rights are a fiction' Yuval Noah Harari.

Populist leaders are on the rise around the world, attacking the liberal global order. They haven't explained what will replace the order they have destroyed, and the result is the disorder, chaos and violence we are seeing today. pic.twitter.com/THRx2jzaKl
    — Yuval Noah Harari (@harari_yuval) January 31, 2024

https://tomluongo.me/2024/02/05/the-...e-great-reset/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

So what is the context here? I don't know who this person is and don't have a lot to go on based on this short quotation.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Is Klaus crying in his beer yet?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Next time maybe they won't use a guy who looks like Doctor Evil's father with a penchant for weird futuristic leather outfits that play into the stereotype of the madman intent on ruling the world

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          So what is the context here? I don't know who this person is and don't have a lot to go on based on this short quotation.
          He's someone who regularly speaks at the World Economic Forum and says rather disturbing things almost as often.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

He's someone who regularly speaks at the World Economic Forum and says rather disturbing things almost as often.
            Isn't that just like some sort of Ted Talk thing where anybody can come in and say whatever they want? That's why it strikes me as misleading for people to pull out these clips from speakers and say "look, the World Economic Forum says this!" That seems little different from pulling one dumb quote from a Congressman and presenting it as "Congress is saying X".
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Isn't that just like some sort of Ted Talk thing where anybody can come in and say whatever they want? That's why it strikes me as misleading for people to pull out these clips from speakers and say "look, the World Economic Forum says this!" That seems little different from pulling one dumb quote from a Congressman and presenting it as "Congress is saying X".
              He seems to be a member in good standing...

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...-reset-is-dead
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

He's a bit more than that.

Klaus is both the founder and executive director of the WEF

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  I know who Klaus is, but Klaus wasn't mentioned in the OP.

Comment

I know who Klaus is, but Klaus wasn't mentioned in the OP.
                    He's pretty much identified with "the Great Reset", which is the title of the thread, which is why I asked if he was crying in his beer.

If he's unhappy, I'm please.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sigh. I'm done.

Comment

Sigh. I'm done.
                        Help me know what you're missing.

Comment

It was a tweet (or Xeet?), which is different than pulling a clip from a long "Ted Talk" speech (and that too is different than the comments they make at Davos meetings). In a tweet you only have so much space to make your point come across in a limited amount of words. There's nothing about what he said in his post a person could have taken out of context.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            There's nothing about what he said in his post a person could have taken out of context.
                            I didn't say anything about taking anybody out of context.

Comment

I didn't say anything about taking anybody out of context.

Comment