Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

International Union of Police Associations endorses Donald Trump for president

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Union of Police Associations endorses Donald Trump for president

Once again, I'm no fan of Police Unions at all, but it's noteworthy that this UNION has endorsed Trump.

On Tuesday, the International Union of Police Associations announced that it was endorsing Donald Trump for president of the United States.

In a statement, the IUPA cited Trump's "unmatched" support for law enforcement, contrasting it with the Democrats' soft-on-crime policies.

"Today, Sam A. Cabral, President of the International Union of Police Associations, AFL-CIO is proud to announce our unanimous Executive Board of Directors endorsement of Donald J. Trump in his campaign for the office of President of the United States," the group wrote in a statement.

"President Trump's history of support for the men and women of Law Enforcement is unmatched," they continued. "His policies and actions were directed at improving safety in our communities and the men and women who provide that shield. He has earned and deserves our wholehearted support."
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Once again, I'm no fan of Police Unions at all, but it's noteworthy that this UNION has endorsed Trump.

On Tuesday, the International Union of Police Associations announced that it was endorsing Donald Trump for president of the United States.

In a statement, the IUPA cited Trump's "unmatched" support for law enforcement, contrasting it with the Democrats' soft-on-crime policies.

"Today, Sam A. Cabral, President of the International Union of Police Associations, AFL-CIO is proud to announce our unanimous Executive Board of Directors endorsement of Donald J. Trump in his campaign for the office of President of the United States," the group wrote in a statement.

"President Trump's history of support for the men and women of Law Enforcement is unmatched," they continued. "His policies and actions were directed at improving safety in our communities and the men and women who provide that shield. He has earned and deserves our wholehearted support."
    IIRC, all but one police union backed him in 2020.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      IIRC, all but one police union backed him in 2020.
      And other Unions are having a really hard time getting excited about Biden.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And other Unions are having a really hard time getting excited about Biden.
        I'm sure that the government employee unions will fairly trip over themselves backing him.

The UAW, in spite of the duffer's policies resulting in a large percentage of its members eventually getting a pink slip, have endorsed him.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm sure that the government employee unions will fairly trip over themselves backing him.

The UAW, in spite of the duffer's policies resulting in a large percentage of its members eventually getting a pink slip, have endorsed him.
          Yeah, but they delayed a bit, wanting him to sweat.

Biden gets UAW endorsement after noticeable delay

And I was a member of UAW425 for a very brief time way back in my youth -- the rank and file was OFTEN quite unhappy with leadership's decisions on endorsements - like, "we pay our dues, and they (union bosses) use our money to work against our personal preferences".

Comment

Well I hope that, even though you're no fan, helps to ease your conscience concerning your support for an anti-democratic, self described authoritarian strong man who attempted to overthrow the will of the people and the government of the U.S.
            The Board of Directors of that police union, which btw says little about the rank and file, by supporting Trump shows them to be corrupt and that they obviously dont belong on that Board in the first place since they have no respect for the Constitution or the law which the rank and file they are supposed to be representing are charged with carrying out.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Well I hope that, even though you're no fan, helps to ease your conscience concerning your support for an anti-democratic, self described authoritarian strong man who attempted to overthrow the will of the people and the government of the U.S.
              Thanks, Jim, I needed a good laugh.

The Board of Directors of that police union, which btw says little about the rank and file, by supporting Trump shows them to be corrupt and that they obviously dont belong on that Board in the first place since they have no respect for the Constitution or the law which the rank and file they are supposed to be representing are charged with carrying out.
              Yes, even Democrats who can't stomach CorruptBiden are, quite obviously evil.

Comment

Thanks, Jim, I needed a good laugh.

Yes, even Democrats who can't stomach CorruptBiden are, quite obviously evil.
                What's sad is that you are of a mind that would rather seek out confirmation of that which it already falsely believes, to placate itself, rather than to admit entry to uncomfortable truths.

Comment

Me brudder supports old Joe?

Comment

Jim is becoming more and more like old Joe -- he has a hard time remember who is who and what is what.

Joe Biden confuses Emmanuel Macron with former French leader Francois Mitterrand who died in 1996

I'm not sure which is true....
                    A) You have to be a mental case to be a Democrat
                    2) Being a Democrat requires you to be a mental case
                    c) Being a Democrat drives you insane...

Comment

No, no, no, calm down there rogue, dont get your panties all in a bunch, your anti-democracy brudder and fellow supporter of Authoritarianism is still with you in his support of the treasonous fascist coup plotting, the infamous rapist thief, tax fraud and future prisoner Donald Vladimir Trump.

Comment

No, no, no, calm down there rogue, dont get your panties all in a bunch, your anti-democracy brudder and fellow supporter of Authoritarianism is still with you in his support of the treasonous fascist coup plotting, the infamous rapist thief, tax fraud and future prisoner Donald Vladimir Trump.
                        Jim, you may still be the dumbest critter whut ever posted on Tweb, but you do, indeed, provide comic relief from time to time.

I hope and pray that Trump is not the Republican candidate, but I will most likely vote for him if he runs against a nursing home patient.

Comment

Jim is becoming more and more like old Joe -- he has a hard time remember who is who and what is what.

Joe Biden confuses Emmanuel Macron with former French leader Francois Mitterrand who died in 1996

I'm not sure which is true....
                          A) You have to be a mental case to be a Democrat
                          2) Being a Democrat requires you to be a mental case
                          c) Being a Democrat drives you insane...
                          Actually I think that the cognitive dissonance that you supporters of Trump seem to have succumbed to is clearly the more obvious sign of a mental disorder.
                          But at least, and fortunately for you mental cases, it isnt a mental disorder that causes suffering in you because the effect is often associated with bliss.

Comment

Actually I think that the cognitive dissonance that you supporters of Trump seem to have succumbed to is clearly the more obvious sign of a mental disorder.
                            But at least, and fortunately for you mental cases, it isnt a mental disorder that causes suffering in you because the effect is often associated with bliss.
                            Are you on a break from the bong, Jim?

Comment

Jim, you may still be the dumbest critter whut ever posted on Tweb, but you do, indeed, provide comic relief from time to time.

I hope and pray that Trump is not the Republican candidate, but I will most likely vote for him if he runs against a nursing home patient.
                              Yes, I think all here are well aware that you have no problem with voting for a treasonous authoritarian who in several different attempts tried to overthrow American democracy. We get it CP, we get it! You don't need to keep pronouncing to all your anti-democracy, pro-athoritarian stance.

Comment