Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Appearance of Impropriety

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Appearance of Impropriety

    tucker.jpg

    This is not a good look for Carlson to be seen being touristy in Moscow. It gives the appearance of an honored guest of Putin, and will surely spark lots of criticism. If there for an interview, better to have kept it low key and quickly departed afterward.

  • #2
    He's just a political pundit. So what if he wants to do tourist stuff in Russia?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      He's just a political pundit. So what if he wants to do tourist stuff in Russia?
      He's already been accused of being a tool for Putin, and now he's seen being touristy around Moscow? It's not a good look - even if perfectly innocent. Now, if he comes away with an interview that is sympathetic to Putin's viewpoint at all, he will be accused of being in liaison with Putin.

      Honestly, I've never been a fan of Carlson and this is part of the reason why. This is will undermine his interview (assuming he gets one).

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, he’s already been to Alberta a couple of weeks ago, and the left is having a meltdown over that, so his reputation can’t possibly sink any lower in their estimation.


        Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ronson View Post

          He's already been accused of being a tool for Putin, and now he's seen being touristy around Moscow? It's not a good look - even if perfectly innocent. Now, if he comes away with an interview that is sympathetic to Putin's viewpoint at all, he will be accused of being in liaison with Putin.

          Honestly, I've never been a fan of Carlson and this is part of the reason why. This is will undermine his interview (assuming he gets one).
          I can't say I've ever watched Carlson -- not even short video clips -- so I have no dog in this fight, and my reaction is, so what? He could have sat down for a private dinner with Putin for all care.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God


          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Well, he’s already been to Alberta a couple of weeks ago, and the left is having a meltdown over that, so his reputation can’t possibly sink any lower in their estimation.
            Yeah, he's reviled by the left already. But again, this might affect any interview he might publish with Putin.

            I'm just saying that I would sneak in and out of Russia for an interview. While there, I'd probably try to interview Snowden and Tara Reade too, assuming I could. But take in the sights? Eh ....

            I had to interview the owner of a cheese company when I worked as a reporter. Everything went fine. As we were leaving, he gave us (the photographer and I) these cheese samplers. I didn't think anything of it. Back at the office, our editor threw a fit and said that we should never accept gifts from news subjects, that it undermined the interview. I'm not saying that Carlson accepted any gifts, but it may appear that way if he is attending ballets and concerts in Moscow.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

              I can't say I've ever watched Carlson -- not even short video clips -- so I have no dog in this fight, and my reaction is, so what? He could have sat down for a private dinner with Putin for all care.
              My brother is a big fan of his. Aside from his annoying perpetual scowl, he's just never impressed me as a wise purveyor of ideas. He's more of a showman.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                He's already been accused of being a tool for Putin, and now he's seen being touristy around Moscow? It's not a good look - even if perfectly innocent. Now, if he comes away with an interview that is sympathetic to Putin's viewpoint at all, he will be accused of being in liaison with Putin.

                Honestly, I've never been a fan of Carlson and this is part of the reason why. This is will undermine his interview (assuming he gets one).
                The democrats and necons do that anyway to anyone that disagrees with their narratives, particularly in regard to foreign policy, so who cares? The "Putin" smear has become like the "racist" and "fascist" smear used incessantly and erroneously by the left, and really means nothing anymore but a prerogative smear.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by seanD View Post

                  The democrats and necons do that anyway to anyone that disagrees with their narratives, particularly in regard to foreign policy, so who cares? The "Putin" smear has become like the "racist" and "fascist" smear used incessantly and erroneously by the left, and really means nothing anymore but a prerogative smear.
                  "Pejorative." Stupid spell check.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't think he cares, and frankly, I think those who are his fans don't really care at this point either.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                      My brother is a big fan of his. Aside from his annoying perpetual scowl, he's just never impressed me as a wise purveyor of ideas. He's more of a showman.
                      I think the scowl comes from his long-time schtick of getting someone who holds a rather extreme liberal position on a topic to present it, resulting in a look from him of "are you $#&@% nuts?" (the scowl)

                      I'm always still in trouble again

                      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        I think the scowl comes from his long-time schtick of getting someone who holds a rather extreme liberal position on a topic to present it, resulting in a look from him of "are you $#&@% nuts?" (the scowl)
                        He could at least close his mouth

                        scowl.jpg

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't think he cares about "appearances." He's been pretty consistently tilted to the "wrong" side in Volodymyr vs. Vladimir. He's been kind of a fanboy for Viktor Orban.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

                          Beige Federalist.

                          Nationalist Christian.

                          "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

                          Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

                          Proud member of the this space left blank community.

                          Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

                          Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

                          Justice for Matthew Perna!

                          Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                            My brother is a big fan of his. Aside from his annoying perpetual scowl, he's just never impressed me as a wise purveyor of ideas. He's more of a showman.
                            Yup. He seemed more interested in stirring the pot than anything else. Trying to rile up conservatives with whatever he could, even nitpicky nonsense.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                              My brother is a big fan of his. Aside from his annoying perpetual scowl, he's just never impressed me as a wise purveyor of ideas. He's more of a showman.
                              I've peeked in on him a time or two, but just can't tolerate his ... um... can't describe it - he get's kinda of screechy or something when he's mocking somebody or something.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Cow Poke, Today, 11:39 AM
                              14 responses
                              42 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by Juvenal, Today, 10:50 AM
                              7 responses
                              42 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Juvenal
                              by Juvenal
                               
                              Started by eider, Today, 03:45 AM
                              45 responses
                              174 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by Cow Poke, Yesterday, 08:26 AM
                              18 responses
                              144 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post whag
                              by whag
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, Yesterday, 07:51 AM
                              3 responses
                              29 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Working...
                              X