Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Jan 6 trial delayed indefinitely...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's Jan 6 trial delayed indefinitely...

This is the only trial I thought could really hurt Trump...

Trump trial delayed in case stemming from Special Counsel Jack Smith's Jan. 6 investigation

The trial was set to begin on March 4--the day before the Super Tuesday presidential primary contest

Former President Trump’s trial stemming from Special Counsel Jack Smith’s 2020 election interference investigation has been delayed indefinitely, Fox News has learned.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-investigation
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      And the thing in Georgia isn't going well either...It is almost like Trump is unstoppable...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        This is the only trial I thought could really hurt Trump...
        I'm willing to bet that it will be rescheduled for a time where they figure it could be more damaging -- like October.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I'm willing to bet that it will be rescheduled for a time where they figure it could be more damaging -- like October.
          No. NEVER!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's when they're planning Russia-gate redux.

Comment

No, if Trump isn't actually convicted by Nov. the game is up.

Comment

Unless he loses the election, of course.

Comment

Or maybe they know they could never convict, so by leaving it open indefinitely they can still use it as a weapon to hammer him and the GOP forever going forward. Because if they do try and fail, then it can't be used against him any more. He would have been found not guilty.

But the article says the delay is because the supreme court is considering the question of whether Trump can even be charged for things he did as President.
                  Last edited by Sparko; 02-05-2024, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Or maybe they know they could never convict, so by leaving it open indefinitely they can still use it as a weapon to hammer him and the GOP forever going forward. Because if they do try and fail, then it can't be used against him any more. He would have been found not guilty.
                    But it's a gamble - it's REALLY stirring up people who had pretty much given up on Trump, and quite a few Independents, who see this as absolute abuse of power.

Comment

But the article says the delay is because the supreme court is considering the question of whether Trump can even be charged for things he did as President.
                      Mueller found nothing to pin on Trump after spending two years and millions of dollars turning Trump's life inside and out. Trump was exonerated by the Senate twice, once for a false claim that he coerced Ukrainian President Zelinsky, and once for any involvement he had in the January 6 protest. But guess what? Russian collusion, the Ukraine phone call, and January 6 are still hot talking points among Democrats. So it doesn't matter if this case goes to trial or not. Democrats have their talking points irrespective of the facts.

As for this case, it goes a little deeper than simply whether or not the president can be charged but, rather, can he be charged for carrying out official duties for which he was not convicted by the Senate. This is actually a very important question, because if the answer is yes, he can be charged, then just think of all the frivolous lawsuits every former president would face for making official decisions the opposition party didn't like.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Waiting on a SCOTUS decision didn't exactly stop them from taking his name off of ballots in Maine and Colorado.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

But it's a gamble - it's REALLY stirring up people who had pretty much given up on Trump, and quite a few Independents, who see this as absolute abuse of power.
                          According to some pundits, it isn't just remembering how well economically that they did under OMB that is causing black males to back Trump in increasing numbers, but they view the legal system as unfair and weighed against them and see Trump as a kindred spirit who is exposing the different tiers of justice available.

Comment

According to some pundits, it isn't just remembering how well economically that they did under OMB that is causing black males to back Trump in increasing numbers, but they view the legal system as unfair and weighed against them and see Trump as a kindred spirit who is exposing the different tiers of justice available.
                            Yeah, I think one of us posted an article that covered that.

Comment

Isn't it ironic that it's a rich white man who has been most instrumental in exposing the corruption within the judicial branch.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment