Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Teenagers more likely to be mentally healthy if their parents are conservative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenagers more likely to be mentally healthy if their parents are conservative

Makes perfect sense...

Gallup Study: Teenagers more likely to be mentally healthy if their parents are conservative

Conservative and very conservative parents are more likely to raise mentally healthy teens compared to liberal parents, according to a new study from the Institute for Family Studies and Gallup.

The results drop amid a nationwide mental youth crisis among youth, stemming partly from the aftershocks of the COVID-19 pandemic. A report released in February by the NC Child Fatality Task Force found that the youth suicide rate has nearly tripled in two decades. North Carolina lawmakers included additional funding for mental health services in the new state budget.

The IFS/Gallup report found that “the most important factor in the mental health of adolescent children is the quality of the relationship with their caregivers.” The key driver is parents who have an “authoritative” style that combines “affection and attentiveness to children’s needs with structure and requirements for pro-social, responsible behavior.”

In contrast, liberal parents are more likely to have a permissive parenting style and “are the least likely to successfully discipline their children.”

“Conservative parents enjoy higher quality relationships with their children, characterized by fewer arguments, more warmth, and a stronger bond, according to both parent and child reporting,” the report concluded.

https://www.carolinajournal.com/repo...healthy-teens/

https://ifstudies.org/blog/parenting...-mental-health
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

This is about me, isn't it?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      This is about me, isn't it?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I'm surprised they found any liberal parents.
        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

That probably gets the biggest DUH of the year award...

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

precious
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Is that Star?

Comment

Most of my extended family is liberal. My uncle is conservative, but I haven't seen much evidence of "affection and attentiveness to children’s needs with structure and requirements for pro-social, responsible behavior" - and his kids are way liberal (his oldest son is in a homosexual polyamorous relationship).
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Makes perfect sense...
                  Nothing like seeking data that confirms your own bias. I'd suggest that you consider the source, and when coming to the realization that it's a biased, agenda driven, conservative think tank, then take it with a grain of salt, so to speak, or better yet don't swallow it at all because "ITS AGENDA DRIVEN!"

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

Nothing like seeking data that confirms your own bias. I'd suggest that you consider the source, and when coming to the realization that it's a biased, agenda driven, conservative think tank, then take it with a grain of salt, so to speak, or better yet don't swallow it at all because "ITS AGENDA DRIVEN!"
                    So Gallup is a conservative think tank you twit?

Comment

Even Stalin can be called conservative if the person is enough to the Left.
                      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Even Stalin can be called conservative if the person is enough to the Left.

Comment

Jim, you are pretty much the poster boy of confirmation bias.

Comment

Institute for Family Studies is a conservative "think tank". So called "Think tanks" are agenda driven.
                            Last edited by JimL; 12-09-2023, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Institute for Family Studies is a conservative "think tank". So called "Think tanks" are agenda driven.
                              The question was about Gallup, Jim.

Comment