Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

SOTH: Divinely Appointed to Historic Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOTH: Divinely Appointed to Historic Mission

If a man says God verbally appointed him for something big, run away from him as fast as you can:

Said Johnson: “The Lord began to wake me up, through this three-week process, in the middle of night to speak to me.”

He added: “Now at the time, I assumed the Lord is going to choose a new Moses… Ultimately 13 people ran for the post. And the Lord kept telling me to, ‘Wait, wait, wait.’ So I waited, I waited. And then at the end… the Lord said, ‘Now step forward.’”

https://politicalwire.com/2023/12/06...-nationalists/

Originally posted by whag View Post
    If a man says God verbally appointed him for something big, run away from him as fast as you can:
    Why? Obviously it came to pass...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

A new Moses would presumably have something more substantial than his own word and a majority vote to back the claim.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Does it at least convince you now that he is a Christian nationalist. He basically said the same thing in Congress i.e. that God appointed him and so of course he believes then that God also appointed him to the Speakership. Not convinced? What's it going to take?

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

A new Moses would presumably have something more substantial than his own word and a majority vote to back the claim.
          Well the fact that he won goes a long way, I mean really, think back, he wasn't even on anyone's radar. Not that I think he is a new Moses.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Said Johnson: “The Lord began to wake me up, through this three-week process, in the middle of night to speak to me.”

He added: “Now at the time, I assumed the Lord is going to choose a new Moses… Ultimately 13 people ran for the post. And the Lord kept telling me to, ‘Wait, wait, wait.’ So I waited, I waited. And then at the end… the Lord said, ‘Now step forward.’”

Where does he say that "God verbally appointed him for something"? You do realize that when a Christian says that God is speaking to them, it does not (typically) mean they are hearing something audible. I have had occasions in my life where a very specific thought suddenly popped into my head that I knew beyond any doubt was from God. I could easily put those thoughts into words, and I would describe it as God speaking to me even though it wasn't a verbal revelation.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post

Does it at least convince you now that he is a Christian nationalist. He basically said the same thing in Congress i.e. that God appointed him and so of course he believes then that God also appointed him to the Speakership. Not convinced? What's it going to take?
              Why would a Christian not believe God is guiding their life?

And "Christian nationalist" is basically just the "N" word leftists use to describe Christians.

Comment

Goodness, I hope he is a Christian nationalist. We are fellow travelers....

Comment

What an absolute cultish whackjob. Clearly some sort of schizophrenia to boot, hearing the voices in his heard.

Comment

Goodness, I hope he is a Christian nationalist. We are fellow travelers....
                    Yes, I think we're all aware of your religious fanaticism seer.

Comment

He sounds more like playing a crowd. Perhaps Johnson should be reminded that Moses was prevented from seeing the Promise Land. I'm not a fan of Christians mixing politics and religion, but critical pedagogy is a more threatening problem.
                      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Yes, I think we're all aware of your religious fanaticism seer.
                        High praise indeed! I'm blushing....

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                          but critical pedagogy is a more threatening problem.
                          And that is the problem - someone's moral principles are going to guide or form the laws of the land - why not ours? I see nothing better on the secular side, or it is plain where the secular ideals have led us....

Comment

And that is the problem - someone's moral principles are going to guide or form the laws of the land - why not ours? I see nothing better on the secular side, or it is plain where the secular ideals have led us....

A religious nanny state is still a nanny state.
                            P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

He sounds more like playing a crowd. Perhaps Johnson should be reminded that Moses was prevented from seeing the Promise Land. I'm not a fan of Christians mixing politics and religion, but critical pedagogy is a more threatening problem.
                              If a Christian is living right, it will be impossible for him not to mix religion with all other pursuits in his life.

As for Moses was prohibited from enter the Promised Land because he disobeyed God.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment