Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

School Assigned 11yo Girl To Sleep w Transgender Boy On School Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Assigned 11yo Girl To Sleep w Transgender Boy On School Trip

On a school trip cross-country to Philly & DC in June, a Jefferson County Colorado public school assigned a boy who 'identified' as a girl to a room with three other girls - two to each bed. While in the room the boy told the girls that he was transgender.

The 11 year old girl who was being told to share a bed with him was understandably quite uncomfortable, and phoned her mother who had come on the trip but not as a chaperone, and met her down in the lobby and told her about it. No one on the trip had been informed there was a transgender who would share a room with girls, and had in fact been reassured multiple times that boys would sleep on a completely different floor than the girls and that they would not be allowed to go into any of the girls rooms.

When the mother and her daughter talked to chaperones and to the principal, the boy was removed from the room. But not to be put with the boys - no, he and a female student were moved to a different room and made to sleep together, and the mother and her daughter who brought the issue forth -and the other two girls -were told they were not allowed to tell anyone else that the boy was transgender.

I think it's important to note that this is the same district that Cow Poke recently started a thread on wrt the teachers union telling teachers to destroy any evidence of surveys given to students about gender identification, etc.. It's also the county where my wife used to work as a teacher before she entered the private sector during covid (thankfully she escaped before it became an even bigger hellhole it appears)

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/12/...-notification/

EXCLUSIVE: School Assigned Girl to Sleep With Boy Who Identifies as Trans Without Parental Notification

An 11-year-old girl was assigned to share a bed with a male student who identifies as a transgender girl while on a cross-country school trip, according to a demand letter sent Monday. That girl’s parents are now calling upon the public school system to provide answers and clarification of its policies related to children who identify as transgender.

Represented by Alliance Defending Freedom, Joe and Serena Wailes are calling on the Colorado-based Jefferson County School Board and Jefferson County Public Schools Superintendent Tracy Dorland to clarify “whether JCPS will continue this practice of intentionally withholding information about rooming accommodations from parents like the Waileses, who object to their children rooming with a student of the opposite sex, regardless of the other student’s gender identity.”

“This practice renders it impossible for these parents to make informed decisions about their children’s privacy, upbringing, and participation in school-sponsored programs,” reads the demand letter, which was exclusively provided to The Daily Signal.

“Additionally, our clients request information related to JB R-1 and the ability to opt out of this rooming policy for all future school trips.”

The Waileses describe how their daughter, who is in fifth grade, went on a JCPS-sponsored trip to Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., in June 2023. JCPS had repeatedly told parents that the boys and girls on the trip would be roomed on different floors—and chaperones told the students that boys would not even be allowed to visit the girls’ floor, as well as vice versa, according to the letter.

Serena Wailes also went on the trip, though she was not a chaperone.

The Wailes’ 11-year-old daughter, who is identified in the letter as “D.W.,” was assigned to a room with three other students, according to the demand letter. Two of these students were girls from her school, and the third student was a boy who identified as a girl (named in the letter as “K.E.M.”) who went to a different school.

D.W. and K.E.M were told that they would share a bed, and that evening, when the students were in their room together, K.E.M. reportedly revealed to the girls that he is a boy who identified as a girl.

“We were definitely not aware of that before we went on the trip,” Serena Wailes told The Daily Signal in a phone interview. The mother shared that this young boy was presenting as a girl, wearing girls’ clothing, and had longer hair.

Uncomfortable at the thought of sharing both a room and her bed with a boy, D.W. snuck into the bathroom and called her mother. Then she went downstairs and met her mom in the lobby to discuss the matter.

Serena Wailes told The Daily Signal that her daughter was “terrified and really upset about the idea of sharing a bed with a biological boy—even though she had a good relationship with this other student.”

“I was really upset,” Serena Wailes told The Daily Signal. “One, I was really upset that she was put in that situation at 11 years old—I don’t feel that is fair to put kids in that kind of situation—and two, that we were not even given the information that this was a possibility before the trip. The whole time they’re saying, ‘Girls on one floor, boys on another, they’re not going to be in each other’s rooms unless it is pre-approved.’ So we’re going through this whole process, not even recognizing that this is a possibility.”

Joe Wailes said that his wife called him from the hotel and filled him in about the situation.

“I felt a bit helpless,” he said. “I was 2,000 miles away. My daughter is scared in a bathroom trying to get herself out of a situation. It was a frustrating experience, and I just really felt like it was not a situation my daughter should be put in.”

School chaperones called one of the trip leaders, Principal Ryan Lucas, who called the boy’s parents, according to the letter: “K.E.M.’s parents confirmed their child’s transgender gender identity and that K.E.M. was to be in ‘stealth mode,’ meaning students on the trip would not know about their child’s transgender status.”

After a good deal of trouble, chaperones finally agreed to move the male student, with a different female student, to another room.

“Throughout the entire evening, K.E.M.’s privacy and feelings were always the primary concern of JCPS employees,” the letter said. “After JCPS disregarded D.W.’s privacy and the Waileses’ parental rights, JCPS then silenced D.W., thus infringing on her freedom of speech, when a JCPS teacher told the three girls that they were not allowed to tell anyone that K.E.M. was transgender, even though K.E.M. voluntarily chose to share this information.”

According to the demand letter, the school district’s policy is, “in most cases,” to room students based on the gender they identify as, rather than their sex.

The Wailes parents have two fourth-grade children registered to attend a trip to New York, Washington, and Philadelphia in 2024, and they emphasize in their letter that the district must clarify its policies for room assignments for students, as well as parental ability to opt their children out of sharing rooms with children of the opposite sex.

“They want to make sure that every parent knows that this is a possibility and can have the opportunity to opt out or make the best decision for their kid,” Kate Anderson, director of the Center for Parental Rights at Alliance Defending Freedom, told The Daily Signal. “But they also have two younger children that they want to make sure are not in the same situation that their older daughter was in.”

So if he is secretly trans (they are not allowed to tell anyone he is trans), that means he looks and dresses like a boy, so as far as anyone else is concerned he is a boy. So why not just put him in with the boys? It's idiotic.

Comment

It's up to the parents and community members to fight the school board at the ballot box. Busting education monopoly is the only other way.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
        It's up to the parents and community members to fight the school board at the ballot box. Busting education monopoly is the only other way.
        The biggest problem is that unless you have someone like Cow Poke or Angry Parents who actively start getting people together to force out these idiots, they get a free ride. When people go to the polls to vote, it is highly unlikely they know anything about the school board members or their opponents. There really isn't any information out there because it is a local election. So most people just ignore that section of the ballot or check the incumbent. They rely on your ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
          On a school trip cross-country to Philly & DC in June, a Jefferson County Colorado public school assigned a boy who 'identified' as a girl to a room with three other girls - two to each bed. While in the room the boy told the girls that he was transgender.

The 11 year old girl who was being told to share a bed with him was understandably quite uncomfortable, and phoned her mother who had come on the trip but not as a chaperone, and met her down in the lobby and told her about it. No one on the trip had been informed there was a transgender who would share a room with girls, and had in fact been reassured multiple times that boys would sleep on a completely different floor than the girls and that they would not be allowed to go into any of the girls rooms.

When the mother and her daughter talked to chaperones and to the principal, the boy was removed from the room. But not to be put with the boys - no, he and a female student were moved to a different room and made to sleep together, and the mother and her daughter who brought the issue forth -and the other two girls -were told they were not allowed to tell anyone else that the boy was transgender.

I think it's important to note that this is the same district that Cow Poke recently started a thread on wrt the teachers union telling teachers to destroy any evidence of surveys given to students about gender identification, etc.. It's also the county where my wife used to work as a teacher before she entered the private sector during covid (thankfully she escaped before it became an even bigger hellhole it appears)

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/12/...-notification/
          As the attempt to destroy evidence of their conduct already revealed there are those who see their duty as a teacher as being spreading this trans nonsense at any cost regardless of any rules or laws that get broken in the process.

Anyone care to bet if this boy had sexually assaulted any of the girls that they would have been told to keep it quiet?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The biggest problem is that unless you have someone like Cow Poke or Angry Parents who actively start getting people together to force out these idiots, they get a free ride. When people go to the polls to vote, it is highly unlikely they know anything about the school board members or their opponents. There really isn't any information out there because it is a local election. So most people just ignore that section of the ballot or check the incumbent. They rely on your ignorance.
            And this was why the Biden Administration through Garland sought to categorize the parents upset about this and CRT as domestic terrorists so they could be silenced. Fortunately nobody bought that claim.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

We were very pleasantly surprised to have come within 36 votes of flipping the majority of our School Board to conservative.
              The one person we were unable to defeat was a friend of mine, a police officer, very highly respected in the community with huge name recognition.
              We ran virtually a "no name" candidate against him and still came within 36 votes.

As you know, Sparko, it turns that the Superintendent resigned in shame, the Assistant Superintendent was promoted to Acting Superintendent, and happens to be quite acceptable to us.
              We literally do not need the board anymore, as the Superintendent has become a very good friend of our Pastor Group, and has SO MUCH in common with us.
              Now we are campaigning to make him the actual Super, not just the acting one. VERY good support in the community for that!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                And this was why the Biden Administration through Garland sought to categorize the parents upset about this and CRT as domestic terrorists so they could be silenced. Fortunately nobody bought that claim.

I wouldn't bet on that. I'd guess eider, Star, and JimL (among others here) believe that to be the gospel truth.
                We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post

I wouldn't bet on that. I'd guess eider, Star, and JimL (among others here) believe that to be the gospel truth.
                  Few enough given how the backlash to that treatment brought about a quick shelving of that tactic (at least for now).

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    The one person we were unable to defeat was a friend of mine, a police officer, very highly respected in the community with huge name recognition.
                    We ran virtually a "no name" candidate against him and still came within 36 votes.
                    I am a little confused by the above statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I am a little confused by the above statement.
                      We supported 4 candidates where the School Board is made up of 7 Trustees.
                      We were hoping to have 4 of "our guys" against 3 of theirs. (4 positions were up for grabs)

One of the candidates we supported did not win - only lost by 36 votes - to an incumbent who should have won by a landslide against a "no name" candidate - somebody with virtually no name recognition at all.

Hence, we did not get the majority - only putting 3 of the 4 on the board, but all that worked out just fine, because 2 of the candidates we DID elect stonewalled the selection of a liberal candidate for Superintendent, with the board ultimately voting unanimously to promote the Assistant Superintendent to Acting Superintendent, with FULL AUTHORITY to act just as an actual Superintendent should.

So, even though we didn't win a "majority" of the board, we had enough influence to stop them from hiring a doofus, and we really REALLY like the Acting Superintendent.
                      God is SO GOOD!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We supported 4 candidates where the School Board is made up of 7 Trustees.
                        We were hoping to have 4 of "our guys" against 3 of theirs. (4 positions were up for grabs)

One of the candidates we supported did not win - only lost by 36 votes - to an incumbent who should have won by a landslide against a "no name" candidate - somebody with virtually no name recognition at all.

Hence, we did not get the majority - only putting 3 of the 4 on the board, but all that worked out just fine, because 2 of the candidates we DID elect stonewalled the selection of a liberal candidate for Superintendent, with the board ultimately voting unanimously to promote the Assistant Superintendent to Acting Superintendent, with FULL AUTHORITY to act just as an actual Superintendent should.

So, even though we didn't win a "majority" of the board, we had enough influence to stop them from hiring a doofus, and we really REALLY like the Acting Superintendent.
                        God is SO GOOD!
                        I believe Ronson is confused by the characterization of the guy you were trying to beat as a friend.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          I believe Ronson is confused by the characterization of the guy you were trying to beat as a friend.
                          Ah!!!!

That was not fun --- he was a good personal friend of mine, and still is, but his wife works for the District and has some very "woke" ideas.
                          He defends here "rainbow" notions.
                          It was a little delicate because he is an African-American, and there was some unfortunate hinting that we were just "wanting a white guy".

He's a big boy, and understood what we were trying to achieve, and I believe he was actually a bit stunned by the fact that he almost lost his position as school board trustee.
                          We are still good friends, and he has since had me conduct two different "debriefs" with his team (He's a police Lieutenant) in my role as Chaplain / CISM lead.

Comment

Ah!!!!

That was not fun --- he was a good personal friend of mine, and still is, but his wife works for the District and has some very "woke" ideas.
                            It was a little delicate because he is an African-American, and there was some unfortunate hinting that we were just "wanting a white guy".

He's a big boy, and understood what we were trying to achieve, and I believe he was actually a bit stunned by the fact that he almost lost his position as school board trustee.
                            We are still good friends, and he has since had me conduct two different "debriefs" with his team (He's a police Lieutenant) in my role as Chaplain / CISM lead.
                            I have liberal friends and relatives too. We get along fine as long as we don't talk politics. One of them is as bad as JimL.

Comment

Ah!!!!

Reminded me of Jed Clampett vs Miss Jane. "Miss Jane is WAAAAYYYY liberal!"

Comment