Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shelia Jackson Lee continues to be 'special'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelia Jackson Lee continues to be 'special'

Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee (D-TX), notorious for, while a member of the House Science Committee, while on a trip to the Mars Pathfinder operations center in California, asking if the Pathfinder had succeeded in taking a picture of the flag planted on Mars by Neil Armstrong in 1969, as well as for introducing a bill that would make it illegal for any white person to criticize a person of color is retiring from Congress to run for mayor of Houston.

She is currently involved in a runoff election, which takes place on Saturday, Dec. 9, but in her advertisement that aired on TV, she actually tells voters to head to the polls "on or before December 7th"

If the citizens of Houston vote her in as mayor they will be getting what they deserve.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Her opponent, however, is a white dude who, so far, has a lead on her....

mayor.jpg She certainly is special.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Her opponent, however, is a white dude who, so far, has a lead on her....

mayor.jpg She certainly is special.
      That many in a run-off? What happens if nobody gets 50%+1?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        That many in a run-off? What happens if nobody gets 50%+1?
        That was background information - only two candidates.

Mayor:
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Don't worry. She'll claim that it wasn't the fact that she gave wrong information that led to a loss, it would have just been evil republicans forcing lower turnout.

Comment

If Texas allows her to run Houston, they are idjuts that deserve her.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Her spectacular ineptitude is perfectly captured by her ad. If she becomes mayor that sort of negligent stupidity will be the hallmark of her administration.

Comment

Unfortunately, 'Texas' doesn't get a say in this - only the city of Houston, and it's becoming more and more like Austin.

Comment

As I always say, it doesn't bother me that idiots get elected to public office as much as it bothers me that the people voting for them are even dumber.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Unfortunately, 'Texas' doesn't get a say in this - only the city of Houston, and it's becoming more and more like Austin.
                    Y'all need to export the liberals back to California. By way of riding them out of town on a rail, tarred and feathered!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBefoLnHhe_zfG6_547Fe3TZCPlnR1U6nf3n_6sc1YnNENfwUjXcCforzadf67CnF9I78&usqp=CAU.jpg

Comment

Y'all need to export the liberals back to California. By way of riding them out of town on a rail, tarred and feathered!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBefoLnHhe_zfG6_547Fe3TZCPlnR1U6nf3n_6sc1YnNENfwUjXcCforzadf67CnF9I78&usqp=CAU.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Her spectacular ineptitude is perfectly captured by her ad. If she becomes mayor that sort of negligent stupidity will be the hallmark of her administration.
                        Aside from the wrong voting date booboo...
                        Warning - Lee uses nasty nasty language in this clip...

Comment

Ah, Houston,,, you have a problem.
                          When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                            Ah, Houston,,, you have a problem.
                            Fortunately, most polling puts Lee behind --- but this is Harris County, so....

Comment

Fortunately, most polling puts Lee behind --- but this is Harris County, so....
                              Generally speaking, opinion polls before elections are always bad news for Democrats, and yet they are somehow able to suddenly produce just enough votes on election day to eke out a win.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment