Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

US Army Now Begging Soldiers Who Refused Covid Vaccines To Come Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You're just repeating the "safe and effective" propaganda we've all heard. Meanwhile, there is an epidemic of healthy young people suddenly dropping dead from heart conditions, and the medical community pretending to be mystified about the cause.
    A generation where far too many of them live on the couch with the only exercise they get is going to the fridge and to the bathroom, aside from working out their thumbs playing video games might also be a factor.

Look at how many teens who look healthy are huffing and puffing after climbing two flights of stairs.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Fauci pushed unsupported bullcrap. I understand you must try to grasp at straws to defend your Pope of Scientism. Your Dear Leader Fauci is DIRECTLY responsible for that 'moral panic' you were bleating about.

But hey, just a coinkydink that he sucked at handling multiple epidemics, and pushed all sorts of baseless fake science and lies in both, huh?
    I get the impression that Fauci likes to shoot from the hip before he has all the facts. During the pandemic, It wasn't unusual for him to make contradictory proclamations about the China flu and the effectiveness of one treatment versus another, sometimes within days of each other.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    I've caught 5G as a result of my 6 vaccines. Can now browse the internet with my mind. It's great.
    Lucky you. I have been hoping for super powers too, but so far I can only read my own mind, and it is not that interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied

Thanks for directly supporting my statement.
    Fauci was referencing an peer-reviewed observational study in one of the world's most prestigious medical journals. That's a very far cry from "without a shred of evidence" and a retraction would have been the proper course of action, rather than torching credibility on the subject.

-Sam

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam View Post

I'm not here to bash people for not having access to JAMA articles from 40 years ago but if you're going to make truth claims about JAMA articles from 40 years ago, you probably should at least look at 'em first.

ScreenShot00148.png
    ScreenShot00149.png

-Sam
    Thanks for directly supporting my statement.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Correct.

THe "JAMA" article was not a study, did not present scientific evidence, just speculation.

As I have no doubt you understand.
    I'm not here to bash people for not having access to JAMA articles from 40 years ago but if you're going to make truth claims about JAMA articles from 40 years ago, you probably should at least look at 'em first.

ScreenShot00148.png
    ScreenShot00149.png

-Sam

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied

• "without even a shred of evidence to support it"
    Correct.
    • "Referenced a published article in JAMA"

These are very different statements, as I have no doubt you understand.

-Sam
    THe "JAMA" article was not a study, did not present scientific evidence, just speculation.

As I have no doubt you understand.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied

Fauci pushed unsupported bullcrap. I understand you must try to grasp at straws to defend your Pope of Scientism. Your Dear Leader Fauci is DIRECTLY responsible for that 'moral panic' you were bleating about.

But hey, just a coinkydink that he sucked at handling multiple epidemics, and pushed all sorts of baseless fake science and lies in both, huh?
    • "without even a shred of evidence to support it"

• "Referenced a published article in JAMA"

These are very different statements, as I have no doubt you understand.

-Sam

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied

Fauci was actually referring to a contemporary study from a medical team in New Jersey:

Source: Household contact may transmit AIDS. Sharon Rutenberg. UPI Archives. 1983.05.05

Dr. James Oleske and New Jersey Medical School colleagues described eight children from the Newark area born into families with recognized risks for AIDS. Four of them died.

'Our experience suggests that children living in high-risk households are susceptible to AIDS and that sexual contact, drug abuse or exposure to blood products is not necessary for disease transmissions,' they said in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Each child had in common household exposure to one or more individuals from groups with known risk factors for AIDS -- intravenous drug abusers, prostitutes, homosexuals and Haitians-Dominicans. A paternal uncle in one home was diagnosed as having AIDS.

© Copyright Original Source

Early research is difficult and often prone to error and revision. No such excuse for people who don't learn and correct their own errors.

-Sam

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied

Indeed, in fact his declaration (without even a shred of evidence to support it) in an interview that it may be able to be transmitted via 'household contact', sparked much of that 'moral panic' that sam was just bleating about, and was widely reported after said interview, which led to a rather famous column by Christian conservative Pat Buchanan to fearmonger about AIDS, which cited Fauci directly.

https://www.aier.org/article/fauci-w...-epidemic-too/.
    Fauci was actually referring to a contemporary study from a medical team in New Jersey:

Source: Household contact may transmit AIDS. Sharon Rutenberg. UPI Archives. 1983.05.05

Dr. James Oleske and New Jersey Medical School colleagues described eight children from the Newark area born into families with recognized risks for AIDS. Four of them died.

'Our experience suggests that children living in high-risk households are susceptible to AIDS and that sexual contact, drug abuse or exposure to blood products is not necessary for disease transmissions,' they said in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Each child had in common household exposure to one or more individuals from groups with known risk factors for AIDS -- intravenous drug abusers, prostitutes, homosexuals and Haitians-Dominicans. A paternal uncle in one home was diagnosed as having AIDS.

© Copyright Original Source

Early research is difficult and often prone to error and revision. No such excuse for people who don't learn and correct their own errors.

-Sam

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

Hmm if I recall Fauci was one of the Head doctors working on HIV back then and it was later found out his information he was spouting was wrong quite a few times.
    Indeed, in fact his declaration (without even a shred of evidence to support it) in an interview that it may be able to be transmitted via 'household contact', sparked much of that 'moral panic' that sam was just bleating about, and was widely reported after said interview, which led to a rather famous column by Christian conservative Pat Buchanan to fearmonger about AIDS, which cited Fauci directly.

https://www.aier.org/article/fauci-w...-epidemic-too/.

Leave a comment:

• Starlight
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I have had 6 jabs so far and other than a few extra limbs here and there and a craving for chocolate bacon, I have not had any adverse effects or caught covid.
    I've caught 5G as a result of my 6 vaccines. Can now browse the internet with my mind. It's great.

Leave a comment:

• RumTumTugger
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Actually, there was a similar panic and gross over-reaction to HIV, as well.
    Hmm if I recall Fauci was one of the Head doctors working on HIV back then and it was later found out his information he was spouting was wrong quite a few times.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 12-05-2023, 05:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I doubt it. My health is pretty terrible. The reason I have to have the jabs is because of my high risk categories in nearly all of the areas: Cardiac, Diabetes, Obesity, Age, Hypertension, Immunity challenged. If anyone was gonna keel over from getting the shot it would be me.
    You talked about growing extra limbs and having unusual cravings, so I was playing off your joke, saying you were one of the lucky ones.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

No, that's the government. The medical community doesn't write laws and regulations. ...
    It's quite amusing that you think the two are not terribly intertwined.

Leave a comment: